Medication Side Effects

Posted , 10 users are following.

I just want to do a litte post to see if you guys check on your medication after the doctor give you them.  The side effects listed goes on and on.  Some are on the list but sometime come up after you start taking them.  That is what happen to me.  One of the meds that the doctor gave me for my Pheumonia gave me retro.  I'm kinda mad  I throught the only pills that do that doctor give you are for our urinary problems.  The med she gave me is Levofloxacin 500MG.  This medication is use for bacterial infection of the skin, sinues, kidney, bladder and the prostate.  I only have to take 2 more pills.  I hope things go back to normal.  I know some men don't care about retro but some do.  So please check any meds you get from you doctor and any side effects that you get.   Talk with your doctor about any concerns that come up.  Take care of your life and be careful.  Good health to you all.  Ken

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ken.... along those lines, my uro never told me that Flomax would kill my sex drive, and I was beginning to believe that it was just goiing away from old age (67 at the time).  Wrong.  Now it's back and it hacks me off a bit to not have known it was the drugs.

• Posted

Three years ago my uro put me on flowmax and rapaflo.  Never told me that either.  Had to find out for myself.  After I asked him he told me yes. Got off that quick. That is why we have to check for my self.  With this pill my sex drive is ok and the orgasm was good but nothing came out.  I guess it does someting to the prostate cells.  Take care  Ken 
    • Posted

According to the side effects listed for Flomax, RE is listed but a loss of libido is not. Were you taking othr drugs with it? Other drugs to shrink the prostate do efffect sex drive, but Flomax is not one of those. 
    • Posted

No when I was on it flomax and rapaflo he gave them to me to relax my bladder.  Got offthem and had a urolift. Just like Surper said then don't have the time in 10 minutes to tell you everything.  That the same with a procedure 10 min is not enough time to explain it all.  Ken

• Posted

I think the main problem is how drugs interact with one another and maybe one for heart & PE does not agree with a prostate one. Our Doctors do not have the time to discuss this in your 10 min slot of which 3 mins are lost on them reading your case notes and writing about the consultation you have just had.

• Posted

I do check the list on the leaflets of any prescription I get, but find that all drugs list some quite alarming issues. Lucckily, I'm one of those who never reacts other than as the drug intends. I found retro ejaculation was no problem with intercourse, but when pleasuring myself solo, the result was very unsatisfying!

• Posted

Yes when trying to relax yourself is is concering.  I know not all men feel the same way but with the surgerys that you have to pick from most causes retro and other proplems.  Men from 50 and up are having these surgerys and some men don't care and feel that it is not a problem.  But for others and myself to me it is a proplem.  I have read on some post on here that have ending there sex life because of it causeing them problems and it does not feel the same.  For me now at 61 I still want my ejaculaton because it goes with my orgasm.  At 70 I don't know if I will feel the same but we will see.  I will never do a procedure that will cause me to get rid of one function for another.  That is just how I feel.   Life is to short to not live it to it's full enjoyment.  Take care friends and look into any procedure you have to see if you can live with the side effects.  Ken

• Posted

That's can give ppl over 60 tendon problems. Can effect you months after taking it. Not to mention being floxed

• Posted

Had to look that up.  What a mess.  Give me something else to worry about.  It's getting bad when something you take to help you can mess you up.  I have one more pill to take because of the infection in my lungs and I hope by the end of the week I can get back to normal.  I have been on this pill for a week.  I hope it will not stay in my body.  Have to drink alot of water to get rid of it Maybe  Take it easy  Ken 

• Posted

Urologist kept giving me cipro. After urodynamics, after cathing, etc. Finally I said enough. Give me something else. They like that stuff cause it covers a wide variety of things, it's cheap, effective. But you can get floxed from it. Also that class of antibiotics can be bad when mixed with ibuprofen. They take a long time to get out if your system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.