Menopace

Posted , 12 users are following.

having just read another discussion it seems Menopace has helped some people, has anyone taken this or Menopace Plus? Am really trying to find something that helps? My head has been funny all day and my stomach has been aching all day.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi ruth, my sis in law swears by menopace and is feeling better.

I am perimenopausal an have been reading about it on here an some great ladies havegiven me some great advice especially for supplements to take that may help with my symptoms.

So, recently I have been taking high doses of vitamin b6 and b12.im not sleeping very well either so I have been taking magnesium an hour before bed an im sleeping so much better.

hope this might help

tracie

• Posted

Hi Ruth 

i never used menopace, even the plus seems to have so little of each vit..

i just used the vits that i knew worked for me.. ( i had a ten year peri ) 

i found Rainforest food Maca 5.1 amazing in peri and still take it post meno.

100mg B6 is very good for anxiety, etc etc .

B12 5000mcg for energy 

Vit E 400iu 

solgar Chelated Magnesium .. ( doesnt upset the stomach like citrate and oxide) 

1000mg Kelp ( simply supplements) as was having hair loss, took it for years, then i stopped for a while and my hair was coming out again, now its all stopped now i restarted it a few months ago.

i take a few supplements and vits 

Good luck 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jayneejay 

i have read that Maca root can make you gain weight and make your bum and boobs bigger? Did you experience this as I don't want that to happen, also how long did the Maca take to work and how much did you take! Thanks Jay, it's so good to have someone to talk to about this.

• Posted

I take Macca but just started about 6 weeks ago and no difference in bum or boobs.  I take 500mg per day.X
    • Posted

Hi, it is difficult to say as I take it with other things too but tingling in hands has gone, sickness not so bad now and dizzyness gone.  Bladder problems remain though and anxiety not much better.  I also take a multi vit, vit C, B complex and rose hip for joints. I think it is worth a try.XX
    • Posted

Hi ruth 

i am one of those that lost weight in peri and still in post meno..

i didnt gain any weight at all .. I lost it...

infact i only weight 114 lb ( 8 stone 11 ) i am 5ft 6 

lost more lately but have been abit poorly..

weight fell off me over peri and post meno, never been over weight, but was heavier than i am now..

B6 helps with peri weigh gain, and muffin top tummy.. 

When i think back Maca took about a month to kick in, thats taking daily, no fogetting. I take what i mentioned above, x 1 its equivilant to 2500mg just one capsule.. ( rainforest food Maca 5.1) 

i shared info on another discussion about it and how good it is for menopause and sex drive etc.. 

Jay x

• Posted

Forgot to say..

i used Estroven Max also for a couple of years that was good..

tried Menapol plus ( simply supplements) for a long while but didnt rate them for me ... I dont take either now, as post meno .. 

still have my 150mg B6

150mg B1 

B12 

Solgar Chelated Magnesium 

Maca 5.1 capsule

Vit E 400iu

Vit C

Natecal ( Calcium and Vit D) 

1000mg Kelp.

That seems to work for me ..

you will find tour own balance as you try things, it takes time, and they need a few weeks to take effect .

jay x

• Posted

Hi ruth 

your very welcome sweetie..

excuse my typing errors ... 😳

jay x

• Posted

Hi jay, did Maca a Root give you a headache, I have headaches anyway and it's hard to know whether it is worse due to the Maca? Anyone else any experience. Thanks Ladies.
    • Posted

Hi Ruth 

no Maca didnt give me headaches at all..

the only time i had migrainey headaches was at the end of peri ( just before my last three periods) .. I knew when i felt sick and a headache that a period was on the way.. 

never had a headache since peri ended and now post meno 

still take my 2500mg Maca Capsule daily 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.