Menopause! Fatigue, crying, aching, nauseous, headaches

Posted , 121 users are following.

Sitting here crying...... again! Feeling awful.  Woke up this morning feeling nauseous and aching legs.  Went for a run on Monday.  Still recovering.  Had hoped to go again yesterday but felt awful.  Tired all the time.  Anxious about everything.  Putting on weight but can't stop eating.  Had various tests - all ok, including colonoscopy and mammogram.  Worried myself silly in the run up to Christmas ..... Virtually read myself the last rights.  Have no confidence.    Awful temper.  Nagging....... Sick of hearing myself rant on to my 12 year old son.  What will help.  I've read about B6, is B-50 worth a try (Holland and Barrett)?  

11 likes, 180 replies

180 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Leslie

Welcome!

I have only recently accepted the fact that hormones can make such an impact on the way we think and act and it really isn't our fault!

I visited the Gp a month ago thinking the increasing anxiety and panic was merely me not coping with life and being a "weakling" when objectively I have a wonderful life with a beautiful husband of nearly 20 years, two magnificent teenagers and generally a very happy little existence.

I was so relieved to hear from her (and after blood tests)that at 44 I really was in the throes of perimenopause and that anxiety and panic is one of the hallmark symptoms (along with the night sweats, headaches, varied cycles etc).

I really was very tough on myself judging myself and moods harshly, when really it is the swinging hormones to blame.

Be extra gentle with yourself and know firstly that a lot of other gals are going or went through the same ups and downs and other issues and secondly, there are things you can do to help improve quality of life.

I'll try and answer your issues with my own experience. ..

I too started putting on weight and being hungry like the hungry caterpillar all the time. After putting on 8kg on my tiny midget size of 5ft1, I joined Weight watchers last October and managed to lose 8kg in a reasonable time (reached goal weight a month ago) and best of all, enjoy my glass of wine and the odd treat (am never deprived ) and even better do not suffer the munchies at all. They have taught me what to eat to keep full and healthy and I can honestly say I do not feel hungry even when emotionally stressed (like before) or binge on junk food (like ice cream or salty crisps). I have also for the first time managed to keep the weight off unlike previous diets I tried.

I am taking magnesium (chelated form) which helps with anxiety and panic and also muscle tension. I take an Australian brand since I live in Australia. I also take calcium and vitamin D supplement for bone health and Vitamin D helps with mood. I also take iron supplement as I was low on iron two years ago with heavy periods which were making me tired all the time.

My anxiety also tends to settle on health anxiety always fearing the worst and every symptom I analyse. Since my dr explained how the hormones aggravate this during perimenopause, I keep telling myself and reass u ring myself it is anxiety talking and scaring me witless, but there is nothing " bad" wrong with me....I keep this self talk going the whole time when I start to think the negative health anxiety...

The other option my doctor mentioned to help with mood swings, night sweats and all the other joys was going on low dose contraceptive which will even out the hormones and help....I'm keeping that option open and if things worsen with mood swings, anxiety or hot flushes and insomnia, then I will take that option up.

Keep your chin up And keep smiling on focusing on the positives.

Lots of hugs,

Sydneymum

• Posted

Hi Sydney Mum

I am sitting here feeling very similar to what you are describing,  I live in Adelaide.  My partner works away for weeks at a time.  Is there any way that we can exchange emails. it is very scary when you are on your own.  All these thoughts keep running through my head.  I have felt so bad today.

Lisa 

• Posted

Dear Leslie I can relate to the nausea, had if for the last couple of mornings with hot flashes and then period arrived!, now my hip seems to be hurting!! It really gets you down doesnt it xx
  • Posted

Hi, Lesley -

I'm going through menopause symptoms right now, but had my last period 8 years ago. The doctors told me that menopause can last up to 15 years, and that doesn't mean you're having you're periods the whole time. It can be for someone like me......ending periods, having no symptoms, years go by, then symptoms start happening.  For the past 8 years, there were no symptoms, whatsoever and I felt I was blessed.  Now, I've got nausea every single morning like when I was pregnant with my sons.  I feel tired all the time, and can't get enough sleep (5 hrs used to be fine with me; now 9 isn't enough). I feel achy, crampy, legs hurt, hips hurt, back hurts.  I've looked at things on the internet, and became a hypochondriac, thinking I had all the worst cancers out there and that my time had come.  Sometimes I'm not hungy and food makes me queezy just watching a food commercial on TV.  Other times, I'm eating like a big wrestler-guy.  I have hot flashes and turn the fan on and remove clothes.  Then 10 minutes later, I'm pulling 2 blankets over me and even putting the heating pad on me to keep warm.  My haircolor isn't taking to my gray roots like it used to.  I get a metal taste now and then in my mouth, out of the blue.  My breasts feel like huge watermelons, as if I'm breastfeeding 12 kids.  My stomach now sticks out like a slight beer belly, and my hips and legs have fattened-up, also.  I feel like I have a "gramma" body, and I was always a normal size and young for my age.  I'm 56 in June, but have the personality of someone 30.  I saw my primary care and also a chiropractor today.  They gave me a prescription for low-dose antidepressants and also low-dose pain medication.  I also take over-the-counter nausea pills.....the kind you take when you fly or go on a boat.  I feel for ya, I feel like you, and you're not alone.

• Posted

Just reading your reply, made me feel better, I am also having wearied systoms since I turned 45, I have tingling on my feet, my calf feels like I had a bad musle cramp, my hip hurts too!! I looked on internet and freaked myself out also thinking of the worse, this chat room really keeps me togther, thank you ladies for posting all you comments it makes me feel good, and less worry that I know I am not alone out here.
    • Posted

Hi Deanna, 

Thanks for that.  Was on antidepressants for my migraines. Came off end of last year as I thought they were making me feel grumpy! Perhaps that was just hormones!  Fed up, though having posted my message this morning, feel I am not alone so much now. 

• Posted

Hi Natalie, I have feet problems too, I think it's the tendons, they are terrible. They get inflamed and press on the nerves. It's a bit frightening at first.... I am lucky that my partner massages my feet. I have been told Epsom salt baths help with pain. It's full of magnesium. A good way of absorbing it thru your skin, epecially if you tummy is upset and can't handle pills. And when your done you can put the water on your plants, it makes the plant greener... Everyone happy. Anyway you will be ok. I see so many of us suffering. I almost feel normal. Cheers
    • Posted

Thank you so much for letting me know, my calf was feeling numb also I went to see a charorpractor, he took X-ray, I have sciatica it hurts!! But before this issue, I was already feeling feet pain and tingling , I am going to try Epsom salt bath, do you recommend a brand that's good? 
    • Posted

Oh do share how you're doing now. I just went on Celexa, two weeks so far and am on progesterone 100mg and estridiol patch .025. The depression and anxiety came and went and then hit hard. Just curious how you're doing now. 
    • Posted

Hi Suzie D

I to have suffered from anxieties and panic attacks We just have to learn how to cope with it i can not take Celexa because i had a rash from the medication and Zoloft is not right for me due to stomach issues 

• Posted

Deanna! 

I can relate to whta you are going through. I also think I have have cancer everytime I have a menopause symptom . I start my reseacrh on the internet too. I have so many symptoms you describe, the beer belly, the aversion to food , or extreme hunger  hot flashes, fatigue, achiness etc.

• Posted

OMG thats me in heartbeat,,,   exactly the same, Im just going through some blood tests at the moment, have you improved since writing this may I ask >   Tracy

• Posted

I just happened upon this site and this post while Googling about my 1000 symptoms, and my fear that I have something terminal on any given day (lol).  It's an old post, but hopefully people are still following.  I can relate to Deanna, Leslie and Margaret...and several others.  I'm 46, am 6 weeks post-op from a hysterctomy, and feel like crap.  I've been feeling like crap for several years now, with symptoms getting worse.  I'd hoped the hysterctomy would help some of these (maybe in time), but at least I can take comfort that painful, heavy, and sickening periods will be gone, so there's that at least. I kept an ovary so I can gradually enter full menopause, like a slow-motion playground slide into hell, instead of all at once. I've been entering since the start of 2013 with hot flashes and skipped periods.  I don't even know where to begin with how I've been feeling, but to sum it up, achy all the time, worse in mornings, feels like a fever--with no fever.  Excrutiating stiffness and aches in my neck and back that come and go (I may also have DDD, runs in our family).  Random extreme emotions, dizziness, nausea, anxiety, my first panic attack was 6 months ago, worsening vertigo, and intolerance to many foods and alchohol (and I used to be a fun kinda gal)--and obnoxious people.   I have severely decreased energy and stamina, I'm a runner and half-marathoner who can't even get out of bed on time most mornings.  Though I do, because I am still 11 years from early retirement.  There is also exhaustion to no end with seemingly no cause.  I've eaten paleo and clean, and it's helped, but it's not the answer.  I am somewhat of an introvert but used to love occassionaly going out and hanging with friends, but now, since I have zero energy and can't even really drink anymore, I hate the very idea. I'd rather sit home with my dogs and a good show or book. Perhaps part of that also maturity....and of course, several of my friends are alcoholics, and when you've all but stopped drinking, they become very annoying lol!  I have also become overwhelmed by seemingly mundane things, and that just makes emotions worse.  I am a strong person, who raised my daughter by myself, have always worked full time, did what I needed to do, still had a good time, and didn't really take crap from anyone.  I prided myself on my work ethic and abilty to cope with life's curveballs.  Now I feel like I have PTSD and can't cope when someone doesn't pick up after themselves or refill the toilet paper.  Let alone real stressors.  In the middle of all this (pre surgery) there are rare and few days where I feel GREAT, and even get in a morning run and spend the day energized, happy, engaged and ache free.  Then I drift back into this cloud.  It's not the real me.  My poor dogs (my now children), are even feeling neglected because I can't get out like I used to.  Probably also having a mid-life crises, but I digress.  Hope to hear how some of you ladies are doing today, and what you've done that's made improvements.  

• Posted

Hi

I too have been feeling exactly the same for a month now quite bad and building up for a long while before. After suspecting it was cancer as I'm a community Macmillan nurse I've been told its menopause and FSH over 100 on two separate tests and I was only fourty. It's great to know im not the only one as I keep worrying its other things. I'm trying maca sprinkled on cereal, and menopause support food supplement with magnesium and soya helps although I think I will eventually try HRT for a while as only 41. Would be great to communicate with people who experience the same to support. I hope ur recovering from your surgery sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I too am having same symptoms and same fears of cancer/MS etc I am a health professional and so feel it makes things worse.

I am on thyroxine for under active thyroid and had some Eye problems (double vision) since then things have spiralled with me convinced I have every illness going.

I am 54 and last period July 2016 so now I am having hot flushes panic attacks nausea dizziness feelings of despair. I never realised menopause or peri menopause can be so bad. Acupuncture has helped me and also going on long walks.

I hope you are getting better it's reassuring that so many women out there are also having the same symptoms and that we are not going mad

• Posted

Your story rings so true for me . I'm 48 years old and thought the same thing is you , the worst the big C with everything! I went a year and a half without a period then got one last month and every since then my life has been other turmoil. Are used to be a runner as well went to the gym and now I take the dog for a walk come back and feel winded ! I've had the nausea for close to a month and even looking at commercial sometimes I have food in them make me sick to my stomach, and I like to eat but I've lost so much weight ! My GP thought it might be my thyroid but turns out they don't think it is after all so after reading everyone on this forum leads me to believe that it is possible that I am still in perimenopause . I just want to feel like myself again , i've had terrible anxiety attacks and my poor family have been through a lot because of that . I am taking an antidepressant anti-anxiety medication but it does take a while to kick in and it's only been two weeks . Waiting patiently to feel little bit better !

Thank you for sharing your story because it did help me a lot smile

• Posted

Hi,

I came across this post, searching for answers to my own perimenopause roller coaster. 50 years old. Been on this ride for about 8 years.

I think I've had every symptom, but a hot flash. I've seen gyno's, 2 general practitioners, a functional medicine gyno's and finally an endocrinologist. I was getting joint stiffness for 10 days of my cycle, then it would go away. I'd feel fine for about 12 days. Period starts and 3 days later I get gastrointestinal issues and sometines joint stiffness again.

The GP gave me antidepressants! Didn't take them.

The endo Dr has ordered a whole round of blood work, including hormones, thyroid panel, rheumatoid panels, iron, ANA, screening.

But she basically said, "sometimes we just don't know". Waiting 2 weeks to get results.

It's crazy how I can get a good 10 to 12 days of feeling good and then, 3 days after I have a period I feel like I have some type of disease and am afraid it won't go away.

Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this.

Any input is welcomed.

• Posted

Hi... I am in the same situation. I have been feeling awful for months.  I have fibroids and I kept blaming those and expecting cancer. Just had third pelvic ultrasound. No cancer thank goodness.  But now have three fibroids. None are pushing against any organs so they are not the reason for my lower back pain, cramping and gi issues. I am freaking bc now that I ruled out female cancers, I moved on to think colon cancer. I feel like a complete hypocondriac. I am 47 and my periods have been all over the place since I was 43. I was 28 days clockwork my entire life so I freaked out for a long time but I have talked to so many people including my gyno who had very similar periods during peri.  I can go anywhere from 18 days to 60 days.

Anyone out there experience GI issues? I feel like that is my main problem.  Tons of gas pains, stomach is always making digestive sounds, abdominal cramps and even some nausea. I haven't read about many who have GI issues.  I have all the other symptoms.... anxiety, fatigue, crazy periods,joint pain, occasional night sweats.  Would love to kow if anyone else is crampy, gas pains, GI, change in bm (sorry to be gross)?  Now I feel like I need a colonscopy to rule out colon cancer.  Any I just overracting again? Scary times.  Hoping others have experienced same to ease my worry a little until I go to my follow up with my gyno next week.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

• Posted

Same issues with GI.. Heartburn so bad, acid reflex, gas pains like i have never had before. Extreme bloating and nausea.
    • Posted

About the third or fourth day of my cycle I get very loose stools in the morning. And then the brain fogs start. It's like everything in my system has gone down the toilet. The joint stiffness starts about that time too.

My gyno says the intestinal issues are probably due to the prostiglands, which is the hormone that causes the uterus to schlep off the cells. Since the intestines are close to the uterus, it's causing the loose stools. Ibuprofen blocks the prostigland receptors. However it doesn't help a lot.

The joint stiffness goes on for about 2 weeks, sometimes 3 until another cycle kicks in. Can't exercise, do normal activities.

It's maddening!. My Dr suggested a small amount of estrogen in those brain fogs days. Just got a couple sample packets from her. About to start another period in a week. So we'll see what happens.

She's assured me that one day this will stop. At the age of 51, I'd like to know I could plan to function normal every day of the month!.

Glad to know we're not alone!

• Posted

I've had IBS forever so now with nenapausr I'm  Suffering from headaches, nausea and major bloating, heartburn. Can't eat very much st all cause I'll bloat out and feel like s**t. Used to have this  briefly for a couple days  and went away. Now it's so messed up.  This last bout lasted 2 weeks on and off. This change includes more hot flashes and anxiety; coming out of my skin, nervous.  Been taking small dose of progesterone cream. HRT. This all said, just got back from gyno. Gonna crank up the HRT. Took blood test and see where I'm at. He'll be monitoring me as I make these changes. He guarantees he's gonna help me with putting these hormones back into my body that I've lost. Hoping he's right!!!!!! Will get back to you with progress.  

• Posted

Hi,Like you I had fibroids which they removed through an abdominal hysterectomy.The only reason I went to the doctor was because I had been wanting to go to the loo all the time and I was thinking it was a urine infection which it turned out it wasnt.Therefore I was sent to a gyny who found the fibroids and he did a hysterectomy.I thought I would feel much better,how wrong was I!!! I still feel like I need a wee constantly,I'm bloated all the time,get wind a lot and feel so achey all the time,particularly my legs and groin.I feel constantly stressed and anxious and like everyone else,think its cancer and panic myself.I was put on hrt patches cos my oestrogen was low but they dont seem to have helped much,plus I worry all the time of the effects they could have on me,so cant win.I have felt so bad today,almost like I have a urine infection but I know it probably isnt.I dont feel like I'm getting anywhere with the docs and feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.I really feel for all the ladies on here and hope we'll all get the help we need 😒

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

Regarding the urge to pee.....I have seen several doctors in 1,5 year and everyone had been focusing on the bladder. Eventually it turned out to be a spasm of the pelvic muscle that is causing he urge.

Went to see a physiotherapist who is specialised in internal/vaginal treatment and that has really helped me. Also I felt that scar tissue from an old stomach surgery was so thick and got stuck and connected. Since this has been loosened up by her it feels much better. Also the ache in your groin and legs could be connected to the pelvic muscle. I am not a doctor but have been reading so much about it. Also I had a very heavy kind of feeling in my groin....

Perhaps this information is useless for you but you just never know.....it might be the answer and definitely worthwhile to have a look into it.

I know how terrible it feels...apart from all the other peri-misery sad

Best of luck girl and hang in there!

• Posted

Hi Shannon

I came across your post and im wondering how are you doing with perimenopause? Did things get better for you especially with the stomach and weight loss?

• Posted

Hi Margotje,

Thanks so much for posting this information.  I had TAH and BSO 7 weeks ago and reading your post was like I'd written about myself!

Am going to to do some more research on this and wondered if you have any good websites you can recommend?

Ali X

• Posted

Hi Shana.

Your post caught my eye because I also have IBS. I used to have an occasional flare up (usually watching certain things that I consumed), but since I suffered a cough/cold this past March, my digestive system has been a disaster. I tried a number of things, including antibiotics, to get back on track (I've been taking probiotics for years), but that only seemed to help temporarily. But now that it's gone on for so long (and I've seen a GI specialist), I'm thinking that it may be linked to something else. It hadn't occurred to me that it could be a menopausal issue.

I have not been told that I'm starting menopause, but I turned 44 in January, and this has been such a rough year for me, physically. I'm still having pretty regular periods, I would say, but I have migraines and cramping starting a week before my period, intermittently, and some during, I'm so emotional all of the time, my digestive system is a wreck (which triggers my anxiety), and my depression has worsened. I have some arthritis in one hip, and now in my neck. I feel like a total wreck. I hardly want to go anywhere, do anything, or interact with anyone these days. I am so not myself. I'm glad I found these posts, because it sounds like I may be on the right track. I need to do something to try to figure this out, because I am completely miserable.

• Posted

Omg you have described me to a T 😓

I'm constantly thinking the worst due to GI gas pain and stabbing pain ... I too have an app with a gyno next month after a 3 week long period ... How are you going now ? 

• Posted

Hi Caroline. I’ve had Ibs my whole life, bloating and major stabbing had pain. Tried everything. I’m so much better cause I eat smaller meals and nothing gassy. But I still get bloated a lot and have bouts of gas pain still. Just got back from GI doc and he turned me on to Ibguard. It’s specifically for IBS ab pain. Just started yesterday but will need to wait for awhile and see what happens. It’s over the counter. Look it up and give it a go.  Keep us posted!
    • Posted

Hi ggar 73,

You could be in perimenapuse which just means it’s starting and could last a while, while still having a period. Go to an obg that specializes in menapause.  Don’t think you can take HRT since you still have s period but??? Do you exercise regularly? It makes a big difference.  Don’t stop trying. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Posted

Wanna update you all since the doc upped my estrogen and progesterone.  It’s been about a month and a half and so far have NOT had a bout nausea, headache , extreme bloating,  or indigestion., feeling so ill!! Not only that, but I was using hormone cream in my....,to fix the painful intercourse. And now since the hrt I don’t need it and ITS better then ever!!!! I feel like I’m 25yrs old down there!!! Instead of 57. So far so good! Keep

You all posted.

• Posted

gggar 73, Forgot to let you and other  IBS girls know, since I gave up coffee I have  soooo many less bouts of gas pain think cause coffee is very acidic.  It’s a major difference!👍

• Posted

I started 3 months ago with stomach issues did a colonoscopy came back fine endoscopy came back with stomach inflammation then I started having aches and pains ,fatigue tired burning sensation lost my appetite right side of ear hurts sometimes ,I'm 51 but my body feels like I'm 80 does any body get ear pain please let me know.

• Posted

Hi, yes I get the aches a pains and loss of appetite but not the ear problem, but definitely all the other symptoms you’ve mentioned. I started jogging 6mths ago... never jogged in my life before that and that helps me shake off the fatigue. 
    • Posted

Thank you,

I feel horrible I scheduled an ent appointment with the Dr. Was in the er this month with a bad headache on my right side they did a ct scan it came back fine er dr said no ear infection did not have these symptoms before I think it's all relater to perimenapause

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline

I do get the pain and burning sensation in my left ear. I went to the ENT but couldn't find anything wrong..after while he did told me that it's hormonal.

i get it off and on every few months.

Feel better

xxxxx

• Posted

Thank you,

Do you get pain inside your ear or behind the ear,any suggestions what I can take ,I heard the patch is good.

• Posted

It's weird i can't place it feels like my whole left side, ear and jaw is in pain and my neck.

The last time i had it was about a month ago, went to my regular dr and he put me on Z pack and it the ear pain stopped. for me it lasts about a week or so and then stops.

it's all hormonal..i'm so tired to keep going to the dr's and when i get stressed it seems that's when all the symptoms coming back..Taking Advil it helps me for the pain.

• Posted

Hi. Just wanted you to know that I have been getting what I can describe as deep ear pain, sometimes only on one side and other times in both ears especially first few days of bleeding. I also suffer jaw muscle pain and this particular symptom always happens when I get shoulder blade pain and slight neck pain. I found that deep heat rubbed into my upper back area relieves most of the pain and jaw settles enough to continue with day. I don't like taking Ibuprofen but do so for the ear pain especially if I feel migraine at the same time. I have been in perimenopause for 4 yrs now and still having monthly periods but my symptoms have definately shifted to new ones this last 4-6 months and my anxiety is not as intense. I used to get anxiety for a few hrs a few days before my period and then afterwards. Instead of ever using Zanax I have always used soluble solphadeine. I take only half of one after eating something and I have found it a god send to get through that awful nervy, anxiousness. In yr 2 until earlier this yr I suffered a fuzzy head daily and a migraine 1-3 days per month. This has improved drastically but replaced by ins symptoms, fatigue at times, aches and pains, heart palms. I have tried stomach tablets but didn't help. Instead I drink warm water if constipated and take the prune activia for 4 days and I drink milk after every meal to ease the heart palps. When I get the dizzi head thing when period halting and then spotting, I also take a half a sophadeine and it works a treat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a solphadeine junkie but do use it when in need and my doctor (I live in Ireland) has recommended it to other women for the anxiety and dizziness. Lots of fresh air and plenty of water to flush the system so symptoms disappear quicker helps to. I don't take any supplements nor Hrt. I cut out coffee yrs ago plus chocolate and sweets but I do have tea and pastries and a good diet. I also find I cut out bread when the its symptoms crop up. I am 46  and have experienced every symptom going .

• Posted

Hi Martine

I can relate to you I get ear,neck, shoulder,back of neck pain on my right side I also get fatigue nasious and dizzy I've been going through perimenapause about 4 months I'm 51 I wonder if the symptoms will subside when I do get a headache I can't even function I could be without a headache and all of a sudden it creeps up on me I hate this feeling I want my old life back I pray every day to god to take this awful feeling away and I know he will hear my prayers, if you can share your other symptoms please so that we can help each other. 

• Posted

Hi, wondering how you are feeling, since you posted 3 months ago? I am not far from asking for a low dose birth control pill to help.  I am 51, regular cycles, but get brain fogs, easily overstimulated, weird joint stiffness in my shoulder, mostly my right one, guessing since I am right handed.  Days 3 to 12 are awful, once the bleeding stops, the intestinal tract then decides to "cleanse itself" every morning.  I think my brain cells are going down the toilet.

Anxiety too, for the dumbest things.

I took the Estroven brand of supplements for about 7 weeks and was feeling great! Like I did 10 years ago.

Then got constipated.  Stopped the Estroven for 2 weeks and my symptoms came back, lasting even longer.  I went back on the Estroven last week and bought a bottle of Colace, just in-case of constipation and waiting patiently for the calmness kick back in and my brain fogs to go away.  My Dr said if that doesn't work, she's offering me low dose birth control to hopefully control me.

Anyone on low dose birth control?

How's it working? 

Afraid of being nauseous for the first month.

Thanks for all your input!

• Posted

Jacqueline, I was having similar problems. It was quite debilitating. I was told it was migraine (because of perimenopause) and put on migraine preventative. It helped with the migraines, but then came new symptoms- almost constant pain in my left neck, shoulder, ear and face. I also felt like I had a headache almost all the time at the base of my skull- and dizziness and imbalance too. I thought I'd crossed the line into some kind of chronic migraine state. I saw my neurologist for a follow up. After hearing what was going on, she recommended physical therapy for my jaw. I don't have classic tmj symptoms so I was very skeptical!

The neurologist wanted me to go to a specific physical therapist for this, saying you had to be very careful about the caliber/training of a physical therapist who will work on your jaw. So I started going, having no expectations whatsoever. Well I have to say that it was nothing short of a miracle the relief I had in my headache, my dizziness, the ear, face, neck, shoulder, and rib pain. The relief was evident almost immediately. I went for 2 months. I was good for about 2yrs. Now, it is starting up again. The bad news is that my physical therapist has moved away!! I have an appointment with the neurologist in a few weeks and I plan to ask her about another one she can recommend in my area. Not saying that this is your problem for sure but just wanted to share in case it could help somebody.

• Posted

Hi l18293 just reading your post and wondering how you are getting along with your perimenopause especially your gastro problem. You want to know if someone else is dealing with the gastro , and yes. That seem to be my main issue ..most women complain of hot flashes but i dont have those. How are you coming along now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.