Menopause! Fatigue, crying, aching, nauseous, headaches

Posted , 121 users are following.

Sitting here crying...... again! Feeling awful.  Woke up this morning feeling nauseous and aching legs.  Went for a run on Monday.  Still recovering.  Had hoped to go again yesterday but felt awful.  Tired all the time.  Anxious about everything.  Putting on weight but can't stop eating.  Had various tests - all ok, including colonoscopy and mammogram.  Worried myself silly in the run up to Christmas ..... Virtually read myself the last rights.  Have no confidence.    Awful temper.  Nagging....... Sick of hearing myself rant on to my 12 year old son.  What will help.  I've read about B6, is B-50 worth a try (Holland and Barrett)?  

11 likes, 180 replies

180 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lesley,

i do feel for you, I am going thru it too but I have got almost every peri symptom. Muscle pain, weakness, burning arms, legs head. Stomach pain, bladder weakness, bleeding gums, anxiety, nausea, headaches and so on.... I am on progesterone troche, and T3 for my thyroid. I am still waiting for them all to kick in. Been on progesterone for 4 months and T3 for 3,weeks. I am hoping this combination works. I take alapam for my anxiety and find that it calms my muscles down. I am on a anti inflammatory diet to help with toxins. I have been told it takes about 1 and a half years for your body to readjust. So if you have mild symptoms try the healthy food diet. Eat a lot of fruit and veggies. Palio I heard is good... Anyway I am almost at the 1 year mark with change of diet so I am hoping that my body will start to readjust.   I hope this helps. 

• Posted

If you are going to take vit B,s make sure they are the pure form, not chemically made... They are no good for you. Methofolinic acid and MTHF   B are the right ones. You may have to get them from a naturopath.... Don't get vitamins from the off the shelf chemist most are full f fillers and cannot be absorbed. Do your research... Cheers
    • Posted

Hi im just taking vitamins off the shelf just interested in what you said bout them. I showing my ignorance here as i didnt know was difference c
    • Posted

what is your Anti inflammatory diet includes? I am very interested in hearing about it, I am trying to keep very natrual threw my change of life.
    • Posted

Hi Natalie,

My Naturopath just put me on the anti-inflammatory diet and just by googling it I see different variations. It pretty much is limiting the glutens-eating fresh veggies and fruits-citrus is allowed, grass-fed beef, dairy, use of cold pressed oil and coconut oil. Pretty much eliminating junk-for me coffee is the biggie that I need to let go of, as you can drink green and herbal tea.......blaaaaah for now, but I'm certain it would help.

Hope this helpsbiggrin

• Posted

Angela,

I am not sure what you mean about the vitamin Bs' being in the "pure" form, not chemically made. Please explain. I see a Naturopath and what supplements I have received are all made in some type of factory setting I would guess. Same goes for vitamin D and believe me-I get tested ever since I found out I had a deficiency and my lab values are now in a healthy range and have been ever since I have taken the pills.

Are you meaning getting your vitamins directly from the food source itself?

Thanks,

Annie

• Posted

Hello,  Annie I suffer from MTHFR that is a genetic defect that stops me from processing folate, the stuff they put in bread, cereal, and lots of other foods. This is in Australia... It is not designed to be consumed by a majority of people not just by MTHFR sufferers. The methyl folic acid is sold thru health professionals. Folate is directly linked t prostate cancer and stomach cancer and in my case a lot of nastier deceases. You can get the right form of folinic acid thru dark leafy vegetables... Eating pure forms of food is the only way to   Regulate hormones. Artificial hormones are found in plastics, soya milk chemicals, like pesticides and so forth... I have been doing a lot of research since being diagnosed. MTHFR causes folate to to stay in the blood and is processed very slowly or if at all. Do your research on all vitamins on the shelf. Pharmaceutical companies lie to us. They even use fillers to make the tablets bigger... I probably sound crazy.... But since starting peri menopause I have been finding out as much as I can. It's my body and I want to do whatever I can to help me get thru this. My symptoms are horrible and made worse by my other condition. Any way good luck....
    • Posted

PS... Naturathic vitamins are the right type. They are still manufactured but they give you the pure forms, the sort your bidy can absorb.... 
    • Posted

Hi Angela,

No you sure don't sound crazy at all. 

Thank you for taking the time for explaining this. I had not heard of that and really appreciate learning something new. Sorry you have the MTHFR to deal with on top of declining hormones to really throw a wrench into your  overall well-being.

Wishing you the best during this time.

Annie xx

• Posted

hi,

i am in Sydney, Australia too and also have MTHFR and am an undermethylator. how are you going? did you get the help required? im seeing a bio balance Dr tomorrow as i think my naturopath gave me the wrong B's. my anxiety has tripled. did you get your copper:zinc tested too?

• Posted

Sorry to hear your havin such a bad day. You are among friends who understand fully what youre going through. I had a bad episode the other night and it scary and terrifying and i did exsctly what you did came on here and the help and support i got really helped . Just remember it will pass xx chin up xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.