mona lisa touch

Posted , 43 users are following.

hi all i had my first treatment of the mona lisa touch a week ago  i will need to have another one before doing the homework if you know what mean.cheesygrin but it was was itchy for most of this week not sure if it was the cause or that i had a cold sore on my lip come up at the same time cos i get itchy down there when they are about to appear.  and the area around my anus is sore. but i will not give up and see what happens the doctor who did it is positive so we will see . there was very little pain it felt like little needles of the ones i did feeland he did put numbing gel on outside, so not bad. i go for second treatment on 17/7 so we will see what happens.

1 like, 172 replies

172 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Christine. It is now 2 months since your last procedure.  Did you have a third. I am scheduled for my first session next week so anxious for any update you might provide.
    • Posted

Yes I have had my third treatment the colour is better and moisture has returned no itch feels good so I think it has help LS but time will tell . I still not able to have inter coarse due to a muscle tightened as it has been 2yrs since my last time but I am doing slow stretching to see if that helps . Good luck. I have had my Ls for 15 hrs sad
    • Posted

I am very interested in how things work out with The Mona Lisa treatment, its something I may consider for next year..let us know how you get on next week.  

christine...it is a shame you are still not able to have intercourse, is there no other treatment that can help with the tightened muscle.

• Posted

Hi Christine

I have completed 3 enter treatments with MLT with great results! My doctor just did the first external treatment last week for va.  I am having itching and sunburnt feeling but he said that I could and that was a sign of the skin healing and that it could last up to 21 days depending on the rate of new skin. I was just wondering if the outter treatment helped you as much as the internal? I am in the US and external treatment here is not as popular and the internal.

Thanks

• Posted

Yes colour has returned and I was given external treatment at the same time as internal I also had itching for about a week now good 
  • Posted

Hi, I was wondering how your treatment has been going? Any more improvements and is intercourse possible?

Hope all is good

• Posted

I had my first Mona Lisa Touch treatment a week ago.  I am heartened to hear from Christine that the itching should go away eventually because it is as bad as it ever was at night.  The treatment itself was not bad at all.  They numbed around the extenal areas where the doctor applied the laser and I felt a gentle pinch at worst. 

i have another treatment in five weeks (6 between) and remain hopeful.  Intercourse is not even in my horizon at the moment.  Just hoping to regain the ability to sleep at night.  I asked about using the clob for the itching and they said ok, but I do believe it made it worse   Jimmielou did you use anything to help with the itching post treatment?  

• Posted

Hello Lainimac,

I hope you can answer as it has been a year since you posted to this board but I would love to know if you have had improvement with Mona Lisa, how much improvement after each treatment, etc.

I had one mona laser treatment six weeks ago with absolutely zero improvement.  I suffer twenty four seven with severe pain and burning from atrophy. Urination burns so badly I dread using the bathroom.  Tomorrow I go for second laser treatment.  I feel discouraged.  Can you please tell me now you are doing and if you got imrovement after first laser treatment?

If anyone out there had no improvement after first treatment but had success after subsequent teatments I hope you will respond.  Two wonderful ladies on here have already told me they didn't have improvement until after the third.

Thanks everyone!

• Posted

Hi. Please stick with it. I have had to have 7 total treatments and it was 6 weeks after my 5th I finally felt a difference. I was so frustrated at the start but I didn't give up hope. My quality of life is almost bad to normal. This procedure is still in experimental phase but the results are showing excellent things!! Keep in mind these procedures build on themselves, so it takes time. I had to stop comparing my self to others bc it was frustrating and sad. I write this to give you hope.

• Posted

Hi Alexandria. I agree with Rene's response. I did not see improvement till after my third treatment either and in fact had a fourth. I went almost a year without any major issues after years of sleepless nights from indescribable itching. I had some minor itching and periodic soreness begin to reappear in November and especially after my GP did a biopsy. All was well in terms of results ( no cancer) but my entire labia and vulvar area seemed to get worse and I went back to using clob ointment regularly.  I put off seeing the Mona Lisa Doc till last week when I went in for follow up. Should not have waited so long because it was all quite angry down there.  I had another treatment and so am now going through the painful peeing etc and go back in 6 weeks for another. Overall I am happy with the results. For almost a year I have felt happier and healthier. Being able to sleep is major. Mona Lisa is a management tool and not a cure but it seems better than a daily steroid for the rest of life. 

• Posted

Oh!  Thank you Rene!  That does give me a lot of hope.  I had my second Mona Lisa the day before yesterday. When I mentioned to my doctor that I had no improvement at all with the first he said that most women that are siting improvements after first treatment mean more lubrication during sexual intercourse.  Since my primary symptoms are EXTREME soreness and burning inside and at opening of my vagina along with urinary symptoms, he said mine would take all three treatments to see results.  He said that the most notable improvements I should feel would be about two months after all three treatments.  So you and he have now given me hope! Thank you for taking the time to write! 

PS: for you other ladies, my doctor here in the US said that the Mona Lisa has been approved by Medicare and now that Medicare has approved it all other insurance companies shall follow suit.  So Mona Lisa should be covered by insurance, according to him, in a couple of months!  Yay!!

• Posted

Hi Lainimac,  I am a bit confused??  You had succeess with the Mona Lisa laser but then symptoms returned after a year?  Did you not have your yearly maintenance Mona Lisa?  Can you clarify?  Thank you so much for responding to me...it helps much!
    • Posted

Hi Alexandria. I did not schedule the annual maitenance in time. The lesson learned is that I mut do so at or just before a year. Doing much better again a few days past follow up treatment
    • Posted

He was positive!  He was extremely excited about it!  He said within four months.  I live in Florida.  Could it be approved state by state, not sure.  He told me that it was approved for coverage by Medicare.  When I said I do not have Medicare, that I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield he said once Medicare approves coverage than all other insurance companies follow.  
    • Posted

So glad to hear this. Reached out to my doctor to see if she heard this. I have Medicare and that should be all states. Ready for a one year later treatment and doctor said it would be 500 but now wants 1000. Going to see if I can wait. Thanks so much for info

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.