My 6 months of HELL... is ANYBODY else completely debilitated ?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I’m venting tonight as had 2 VERY bad days. 

6 months ago on a trip to Santa Fe I awoke in my hotel and felt weird could not wake up . Ventured out only to return shortly afterwards feeling so sick dizzy . Spent most of the 3 days in the hotel . Thought it was just the altitude and wine. 

Got home felt better then it all began again ... took me 4 hours to get out of bed most days after finding this forum and many visits to the dr realized it was Meno.

Since then life has been very strange not one day in 6 months has gone by I haven’t felt exhausted .

Went on the patch and got a little relief but the exhaustion never subsided. 

I have missed a trip to Europe spent $1000’s on healthcare ... tried everything .

When on when does this ease up?

I’ve got a big week a fabulous exciting car event in my city friends visiting ... cars that sell for over $50 million it’s the best week of the year and I feel awful.  I do have Epstein Barr like many others ... is anybody else feeling so debilitated that they are ready for bed at 4pm ... can’t go to functions ...majorly  depressed . Feel like I’m the only one 😢

5 likes, 86 replies

86 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes...all a terrible circle of symptoms every day...currently feeling absolutely horrible..so glad you are all here! Makes me feel so much better to know I’m not alone! ❤️
    • Posted

Does anyone have abdominal liver ( enlarged ) problems UTIs etc
    • Posted

Wow yes

Ive recently been diagnosed with a fatty liver!!!

I dont drink dont smoke eat fairly healthy not overweight.

Doctors cant figure it out.

Just another thing to stress about x

• Posted

Hi Ladies - Yes, when I was having the CT scan done (when I thought I was having a gallbladder attack)  it came back that I had fatty liver 😱 I am overweight, but I do eat very clean foods, so I too was a bit confused. Ok, this is a new one for me...I struggle sometimes to fall asleep, especially right now with all my burning and  electric vibration going on.  I have been sleeping much longer hours than normal for me, but today, I struggled to “wake up” which is really odd for me - I felt like I had been drugged - anybody else feel like that?

• Posted

Hi Michele - sounds like you & I have similar symptoms...I get the “wired” part, but this “coma” feeling while trying to wake up, kinda freaked me out.  Is it just caused from no progesterone do you think?  So weird in peri I suffered horribly from insomnia, now in post menopause I am a zombie sleeper - 

• Posted

Hi

Ive no idea what causes it but what i do know is ive experienced the weirdest symptoms in menopause and also in peri.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Who knew that the change coukd create so much craziness.

I dont know why we are not taught about this from a young age.

Forewarned is forearmed or so the saying goes. X

• Posted

Almost forgot i would rather be a zombie sleeper right now and get some respite from the constant waking up and night sweats x
    • Posted

Omg I have that too ! Takes me hours could be 4 or 5 to actually get out of the bed ! 

It’s probably the worst part for me coupled with depression

• Posted

Just something in the middle would be great ! We’re not asking to be doing cartwheels but whether I get  8 hours or 13,hours sleep it’s never enough ! 
    • Posted

Hi - Well, I used to be the person who went to bed @ 11:00,  woke up @ 5:00 am to get my son on the pool deck @ 6:00 am & carried on with my life like an energized bunny.  Now,  I can sleep  10 hours & feel like complete crap all day with little to no energy.  My head feels cloudy & just no lust for life - oh gosh, I pray this ends soon! 

• Posted

Oh Debra that’s such a big change for you ... I never got up early and was always a bit sleepy but NOTHING like this and comatozed is a great way to describe it !

I even started drinking caffeine again which I haven’t in many years . Yes and God please help us !! 

• Posted

What a change Lori from yesterday to today! You see how hormones are? Its unreal.

Today your posts shares happiness and back to normal, but yesterday it wasnt so good.

Im hoping the patch for you keeps you in the positive. Maybe i will try it out!

Im still tempted to put a patch on again, but for me it wasnt working.

So gladddddd that youve had relief. May it continue. Im remembering though you said that you hadnt had a period in several months? maybe i was confused..

x0x0x0

• Posted

Yes don’t get too excited it only lasted an evening 🤣back to feeling down and awful now ...  but I guess hormones were high as my period came so if we could do our own hormone check at home ... measure the hormones when we had a good day then go from there .  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.