My panic attacks!!!!!!!

Posted , 39 users are following.

Ok all, just tried the whole writing down why i think my panic attacks started and what happens during a panic attack.......it brought on a panic attack!!!!! I cant do it!!! I had to give up and I'm not even half way through so clearly that's not gunna work for me........ Ok so my panic attacks are about during dying ok, I'm scared of dying end of.....i cant get over it because its inevitability, and this is what i panic about every single night, I'm not religious even tho i have tried to find god it hasn't worked......my panic attacks are justifiable and i cant see how I'm ever going to get over them......im sorry but i just cant.....this is the most I've ever talked about them......and i cant 'embrace' them because i cant find a reason to calm myself down......many people have tried explaining their way of thinking and it just doesn't work for me, I'm at a loss, and writing all this in panic because i just don't know what to do anymore!!!! I don't know how anyone can help me, it all seems pretty hopeless........im sorry about the rant but that's what it is, because now I'm panicking, and no amount of medication seems to help.

Danielle

3 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel like I'm gonna die everyday from my anxiety it sucks its like its never gonna go away but it will I don't know when it will end but the symptoms will go away 
  • Posted

I have been having panic attacks since i was 11-12 years old so over 10 years there not as bad as they use to be but i still get them regularly. mine started a couple months after my uncle passed and i was layed in bed didnt hear my parents go to bed and I remember thinking they left me or has something happened to them I started to panic even after i checked and saw them in bed i couldnt relax i struggled to breath and begged my parents to call ambulance since that night I have been scared of dying just the pure the thought of one day ill not be here what happeneds to me is what scares me my granny taught me to learn to breath and count from 1 to 10 till i relaxed and calmed down now if i find my heart raise and i start to panic i sit up and breath and push the thoughts to back on my head i try not to think about it anymore but random times i just be sat there and for reason the thought pops in and i start to panic so i know what your feeling it sucks alot.
  • Posted

Finally, someone suffering VERY closely like me! I also tried almost everything out there but to no great help. I developed Thanatophobia right after my first panic attacks that came out of the blue but still struggling back in 2005. The worst scariest feeling EVER !!! I know I will have to leave this world someday and don't want to until I'm old and achieved most, if not, all of my various desires/dreams. But, as you know, death is unpredictable and inevitable. When I get what I call my "death rehearsal" panic attacks that strike when I THINK my life is in great danger, real or imagined (does not matter, feels real anyway), I panic till bodily exhaustion. No meds or therapy can help/has helped with this sadly, for me thus far, anyway. I'm researching existential death anxiety which is the worst type of course (lucky us, right?) and hoping to find a solution. I'm getting really tired from all the fighting with my mind. Having primarily obsessional OCD and Scrupulosity makes me feel like a MONSTER, which does not help either, having been raised in a very religious culture. I've created "fake" safety zones in my head and only trust healthcare in my area, as STUPID as this sounds but it's there. I have a flight next months and you can imagine how I'm feeling to be away from my safety zone!!! What if I get a heart attack and the doctors overseas can't help me? I keep thinking about the worst case scenarios...oh well. I guess I'll keep fighting / looking for answers till I'm alive. Any advice from you would be greatly appreciated.

Keesh

Brampton, ON Canada

• Posted

Hi keesh. I too feel like my panic attacks are my death rehearsal.  And of course this makes the next  panic attack feel like its gonna be the real thing. ..... I hadnt had a panic attack since I was 11 im 28 now and had 1st adult one about 8 weeks ago. It lasted approx 20mins but felt like an eternity. I just wanted to discuss what your panic attacks are like. Because my brain is still trying to tell me its preparation for the real thing and not a panic attack. Sooooo confused right now..... sad  mine start with me panicking about death. I can feel my brain slipping from consciousness . I feel a warm sensation like ive peed myself. (Though it never happens) a funny taste in my mouth. My heart races though I only an aware of this when I "come to". Its like I slip into an out of body experience.  Then I have a reoccurring flashbacks of  my illnesses that I have had throughout my life.  Then I snap out of it in a quivering mess crying and in absolute fear of the next one.  The last one I had was 3 weeks ago and my husband was in the room I could hear him yelling breathing techniques at me but I couldn't respond. He ended up getting frustrated and walked out the room. When it was over he said I was just starring at him blankly with a smirk on my face.  I have no recall of this.................sad 
    • Posted

Hi Keesh,

My situation is nearly identical to yours, Pure O, panic disorder, etc. Similar age, similar meds. And I live in Ontario! Anyway, just saw your post and wanted to let you know you're not alone fighting these battles. I'm on the continued search to find some helpful strategies. I'll let you know if I do. All the best.

• Posted

Hello everybody, i´ve read your posts and i feel the same, i feel tired about it, i dont want to feel scare any more, i allways feel like dying and feel anxious. after all i start crying like a little girl, then next day like if nothing happen. Tell me please if somebody have found a solution? i live in monterrey, mexico. 
    • Posted

Hi marilu1964

I too find myself crying nearly everyday from fear of dying.  And  from just plain exhaustion from the constant anxiety around the fear. You definitely need to go and talk to a gp and get some help. Good luck

• Posted

I have just woken up from a stressful dream which then started to turn into huge anxiety and panic and questioning "why all of a sudden was I awake. Was it my time to die? "  my vision started to narrow and I felt myself "slipping" . I managed to quickly grab my cell phone "my security blanket" and im so glad to find im not the only person out there that is having such strong debilitating anxiety from the fear of dying.  It has got so bad in the last 6 months that I find myself crying nearly everyday cos im in fear thats it's my last day /minute on this earth. I was prescribed prozac from my gp. And have been taking it for two days now 10mg every morning.  I need to know there is definite light at the end of this very scary lonely tunnel....... thanks
  • Posted

Hi Danielle and Emma,

I know too well what we all have to go through. Panic disorder with fear of death is such a b1tch ! While meds like SSRIs and anxiolytics like clonazepam help me to a certain extent, I have accepted the idea that my life is a waste really. The pain is inbearable many times. I would probably be single for the rest of my life and never know what love and sex are as a guy. Mindfulness Based CBT and ACT work great to survive but NOT a cure sadly. Religion has made things a lot worse for me - the incredible level of guilt I feel when I did absolutely nothing wrong is too much to handle. I became agnostic which helped me breathe without guilt REALLY !!! I also suffer from Pure O, a form of OCD. It's A LOT for my mind to fight against. Anyway, I hope to find a cure for any type of anxiety disorder someday and help others in the same sinking boat. Time will tell. I'll be 35 next year but feel like 15 deep inside. My mind never gave me a chance to grow up. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you girls, hoping the next year will be way better for all of us!!!! 

• Posted

I feel the same way. It's so scary and nobody understands what you're going through so you try and keep it to yourself and that makes it worse. I feel like I can't enjoy things because in the back of my mind that is all I'm thinking of.
  • Posted

I suffer with this every now and again.  Since stopping taking my venlafaxine it has happened a few times now.  I can really sit there and believe I have gone completely crazy and then sometimes somehting as simple as a glass of wine and all of a sudden it eases off, basically telling me I am not going crazy, but more than likely my anxiety has got out of control.

These things normally happen to me when I spend too much time by myself and give myself too much time to think.

• Posted

Hi you guys I'm so glad I had found this page. There is others like me, I have been haveing panic and anxitey for 4 years and just like the rest of you I have tryed everything meds, therapy, acupuncture, herbs, I even talked to a phychic. Smh I just want them to go away I hate these I've only had them for four years and I have no clue why I get them. I wish I did know I think it might make it just a little bit easier to deal with. Does anyone know if people have these for life or do they just come and go.
  • Posted

I have same problem. It's very hard to live with. I've had it all my life. My brain goes into panic mode very quickly with anything stressful. I think gobapentin helps
  • Posted

Go on you tube and look up mindful breathing and learn it. It will help you in that moment very much.yes at first anxiety levels will rise more as you are in training. Keep at it. And remeber to be the observer not a participant in the panic attack.throw all your anxiety rules out the window they are tricking you and ruining you. Believe this will pass and it will. You need to write it all down you will see a pattern and it will clearly proove to you what occurs during a panic attack. At first you have to guide yourself strictly and say i can do this and i will get through it as i have in the past. Accept the symptoms but do so by observing them. Accept does NOT mean your okay or happy with these attacks. It means you accept they are occuring because you are having a panic attack.thenafter you observed the symptoms. Do midful breathing and be sure to write down your very negative self talk during this time.it will take a lot of energy and a few attacks before you realize that these attacks are horrid and ruining your life and nit worth it for you to feed into the experience. Observe, accept and breathe and you will get through it.
  • Posted

To Danielle

Sorry this was such a long time ago but I've just found it!!!

I'm in floods of tears reading this as I thought it was just me and I was a weirdo ! I can't actually believe people have the same problems as me !!

Please tell me what I need to do I can't cope anymore !!

Katie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.