Natural ways to Shrink Fibroids

Posted , 188 users are following.

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to shrink their fibroids naturally?

I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet but a lot of it is confusing. For example they say exercise more, eat more greens, eat organic foods, eat less meat etc

What if you already do all of the above and still have fibroids? I am 5.6 feet and weigh 53kg or 8.5 stones or so, meaning I am a bit underweight. I use almond milk with gluten free cereal. I am gluten and lactose intolerant so already I eliminate a lot of foods. I cannot imagine eliminating any more foods without having a dull life. I exercise at least 4 times a week – 2 or 3 times at the gym and walk at least 20mins – 30mins every day.

Please can anyone share their story of naturally shrinking fibroids?

Thank you very much smile

10 likes, 222 replies

222 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Missy, 

I was dignosed 18 months ago with 3 fibroids from apple sized to pea size. I did loads of research and started on a strict diet:

No wheat flour/ gluten

No white rice (only brown)

No dairy, meat, eggs, tea or coffee.

Did eat oily fish, fruit veg, beans, lentils, 

1 tsp of apple cidar vinegar with bit of water to make it do down

Also read anti estrogenic diet book (took some pointers from there) i have a copy if you would like it.

The results are not great but also not bad,  still have to go for a scan, but have to say can feel the fibroids have grown as i am also slim and they are very visible now. on a good note the period pains and cramps disappeared but was still bleeding heavily, which has not resulted in being so anemic i needed 2 unit blood transfusion. 

So I think for me its not worked and the only option now is to get them removed, unless i can stop the bleeding then i can just live with the bump

• Posted

just an update from a scan i have had. unfortuntly the fibroids did not shrink, they grew by 4cm in 18months, so although they did not shrink i'll never know if they would have grown more than they did in the 18 months.
    • Posted

thank you for the information. Best regards to you
  • Posted

Hi 

I have a cluster of them and im currently shrinking them naturally now, if you want them to go away you must change your lifestyle period. I eat no refined sugars because fibroids feed off sugar in the blood,that's what makes them grow. I eat organic vegetables and fruit not a lot of juicing that takes away a lot of nutrients and fiber. And no red meat just fish. Also i take baking soda and lemon juice 4x daily to detox the liver. My uterus was measuring 15.5 in july when i had the blood transfusion, im now at 13.9. Good luck and stay healthy! 

• Posted

How do you mix the baking soda and lemon juice? I also heard that Braggs Apple Cider mixed with honey or Black Strap Molasses can shrink fibroids. I also heard that rubbing castor oil on yout belly before bedtime can help.
    • Posted

hello you mix one and a half teaspoons of baking soda with two teaspoons of lemon juice with water 4x a day. Use only organic lemons mix in a glass with 7 ounces of water.stay away from any refined sugar.sugar actually make the fibroid tumors grow.Castor oil actually helps with the pain it really don't shrink the tumors however taking the baking soda and lemon juice will ease the pain as well.
  • Posted

Hi missy26093, I was just wondering how your journey has been since trying to reduce the fibroids.  Have they shrunk?
    • Posted

HI thack,

Well I read a lot of what people said about reducing fibroids naturally but I didnt get any clear enough information that I could follow. The thing is I already exercise 3 times a week and already follow a dairy and gluten free diet. I dont drink much (one glass once or twice a month) no coffee or tea,so I didnt feel that making any more changes will have any effect, I had 8 fibroids, 3 of them being abround 5-6cm so in the end I opted for OPEN MYOMECTOMY surgery. Best thing I did. My tummy is slowly going back to normal and I can start to see the outline again i'm very very pleased. I have a c-section scar that whenever I look at makes my smile  -it almost serves as a reminder of the ordeal I had with fibroids. Although they are gone I am still keeping to a healthy diet to prevent them coming back.

How are things going for you?

• Posted

Hi missy, I to follow s similar diet - no diary, no gluten, no meat, no tea, no coffee but my fib's still grew from 7 cm to 11cm, so now will also have open myomectomy, in conjuction with Esyma which can shrink them.  Can I ask you how long you have been recovering from it, as worried about the immediate after and then how long till i can at least move around the house.
    • Posted

Thank you for responding...I pray you are fibroid free from here on out : )

• Posted

Hi fibroidy, 

I also took Esmya which I found great - Esmya reduced my fibroids significantly. However I didnt do anything else after the initial course and left it about 7 months and in that time the largest fibroids re-grew to around 7cm. So in the end I opted for surgery. I took GNRHs hormonne injections for 3 months - they shrunk the fibroids rather quickly so that in 3 months the largest fbs measured 4cm.There were nasty side effects though which lasted up to 3months after I finished the course.

In terms of the actual surgery, it wasnt so bad AT ALL. I was given morphine the first day but didnt use much. The nurses commented on how my morphine was almost unused and they said i was doing really well. I was on paracetamol for 3 days after surgery. The nurses make you start moving from day 1. I was moving from day 2 but would say it was a bit hard. I took 5 days out to fully readjust. It was uncomfortable to walk around and coughing or lauging hurt, just make sure to use a pillow to hold the area. Your tummy will look swollen for maybe a month but it will gradually reduce in size. I went back to work after 6 weeks but to be honest felt fine from 3 weeks in. I did a lot of exercise prior to surgery and this helped me bounce back quite quickly. All in all I would say whatever discomfort I felt was no where near as bad as I thought and I will do it again knowing all of this. If you need more tips please ask I am happy to share exact details of my experience. Dont worry at all.

• Posted

thanks Missy, so good to hear your positive experience, i was told it would be a 3 day stay in hospital, with day being on morphine,then day 2 start to move you around. i am hoping to have surgery right after i end the 3 month esmya course.
    • Posted

Hi Missy, 

Did they remove all the fibroids? Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I am 33 and have 2 fibroids, both about 7cms. I was checked 2 years ago and the doctor's didn't say much about them but it seems they have grown since then. I don't have any bleeding or period pains but I am on the pill. I haven't been given any options yet but I would like to have children one day so would like to go to the gynecologist with some knowledge of treatments. Do you know how they removed them? Were yours in your uterus or in the muscular wall? Have you had children?

• Posted

Sorry for all the questions. I find the whole thing confusing and the doctor's don't tell you much it seems. 
    • Posted

Emma,

Do something about it now and educate yourself.  I am 29.  My dr. knew about my fibroid 2 years ago and that I wanted to conceive.  They gave me no options at that time and made it seem as if it was no big deal- Until I told them I was ready to conceive.  Then they said it was not safe to get pregnant with the fibroid and I would need surgery first (money for the doctor!) and then afterwards could probably only deliver via c section (more money for the doctor!).  

I am doing acupuncture, taking chinese herbs, maca root, vitex, green tea extract (google green tea extract for fibroids, this is the only study that I could find referencing something that worked. every other thing that people claim has worked I have only found to be anectodal.  I belive the study found the fibroid to decrease by 30ish% within 4 months, I was encouraged by this).  I am also eating mostly vegan, no coffee (just small small sips like 1x month), no alcohol, lots of water and a fibroid tea I found on amazon.  I have not been at it long, but results seem promising.  I had an ultrasound in october and it measured 10.6x7.4x9.3.  an ultrasound in december measured it at 7.8x7.5x9.2.  They are different machines, so you cant compare results directly, but I am taking that as it is shrinking! Also personally, I am praying for healing.  I am Christian and I feel God has given me extreme peace with my situation.  Good luck!  

• Posted

Oh I also take vit. E since it has anti-tumoral properties and tumeric (when I can remember).  I take vit. d, vitamin b complex, fish oil, and a daily vitamin (i dont take these for the fibroid, just for overall health, but it could contribute to healing so wanted to mention it).
    • Posted

Hi Dominique, 

Thanks for the advice. I will give some of these a go. I am from the UK so we don't pay for health care so will be interesting to hear what options they give. 

• Posted

Hello ..I agree with the vitamins you suggested. These were suggested for me to take as well from my holistic doctor and they worked. Period without looking at the protocol in my email I remember vitamin E tumeric, magnesium, vitamin B complex, omega 3, systemic enzymes dim, he gave me several Asian tea that cools the uterus. And I remember him talking about my estrogen levels and my progesterone levels were most likely off whack and that that was the cause of the adenomyosis me feeling cold and tired all the time and my bleeding and tenderbreast .... he even broke it down to me at what times of the day to take it for how long and how many I tell you it was a miracle after dealing with the symptoms for three years and was about to have a hysterectomy when I prayed again and someone recommended him to me to help my sister who was dying of cancer.  He told me it would take about four months before I noticed a difference and God knows with in two months I sold a drastic change and within four months my periods have been more normal than they have ever been since I started it 17. oh... also you guys he is so against microwave cooking and reheating... so i stopped that back than but started up about 3 years ago... and now i have fibroids.  My back hurts all the time ugh... i am praying i can sthrink this but if not i will trust God and have the uterus removed and keep my ovaries God willing. 
    • Posted

Hi Emma,

Where do you buy the green tea extract? Is it expensive?

does it still shrinkig the fibroids?

I spent the last 7 years on trying different natural ways to shrink my fibroids and nothing worked. I even tried short fastings, systematic enzymes, various body cleanses without any shrinking result, but it all cost me a lot of money. I presume I learnt a lot through the years and developed my own simple healthy affordable diet and exercices which helps me to live with the fibroids. I have never tryed the green tea extract and I would like to give it a go. I am 38 now (I have 4 fibroids, from which two are the size of mandarines 6cm dia) and I must say that the last 7 years for me were the most lonely ever becouse the natural way is not weel received at work and among most people around here.

i would be gratefull for any info.

Best,

x

• Posted

Emma,

are there Snyder side effects after taking the green tea extract?

rhere is so many brands of the extract with different egcg containment... Would you be able to direct me to the one which you buy.

many thanks

• Posted

Dominique I think I mixt your name with Emma in my previous post.

are there any side effects after taking the green tea extract?

Trhere is so many brands of the extract with different egcg containment... Would you be able to direct me to the one which you buy.

many thanks

• Posted

Lauren can you recall any of the Asian teas or remember the dr name so I can send it to them to contact him themselves?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.