Nausea??

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been dealing with nausea in and off for a few days, but I'm a little hungry if that makes sense.

Has anyone else dealt with nausea???

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Low blood sugar can make you feel sick, especially if you are actually hungry, and your levels are low.

Menopause messes with your adrenals, and everything.

Eat well, good fats and proteins. We will come out the other side, stronger and wiser xxx

• Posted

I try to eat well as I can, and yes hope we come out of it stronger like this
    • Posted

Thank you,

I will try the small meals and see if that helps. It's like one minute my stomach is nauseous, then it's making noises like I'm hungry. I want to eat but the nauseous feeling makes me not want to.

• Posted

Hi Jamie I had nausea for an entire month.   Lost a few pounds but put myself on flax meal on cereal and yogurt and found relief in about 2 or3 days time. 
    • Posted

Thank you,

A flax meal is a good idea. I usually get this nausea right before my cycle. My cycle just ended Tuesday and I have had the nausea every day since then. I'm trying to eat because my stomach is making noise like I'm hungry but the nauseous feeling makes me not want to eat.

• Posted

HI Jamie, I get nausea off and on, at first it freaked me out but since it comes and goes for weeks it will go and then come back.  Ginger has helped me significantly,. I would strongly recommend it, its better than any medication. I make it as a tea. 
    • Posted

It surely freaked me out today. I'm trying to keep the anxiety under control. It just feels like it's something else everyday. I think I need to try the tea. My mom said something warm will help the indegestion so the the ginger would help my tum. I think I will try it. Thanks Lennie.
    • Posted

Jamie, I feel like we have all been hit by a truck literally. I have NEVER had the onslaught of problems in my life. I thought pregnancy and PMS were awful. Its nothing compared to this. I am tired of being bombarded by as you said the whole if its not one thing its another. Sick of it, but, yes the ginger is very, very good. I love it. I use it even when I am not nauseous because its also a good anti-inflammatory and because of my paranoia about health anxiety, I use ginger and turmeric to reduce inflammation in my body. I use this everyday. 
    • Posted

Baking soda is what I use for indigestion. I just ran out of it too, need to get some tomorrow!  Its also good to keep your system aklalne. As far as your anxiety which I have really badly too, I heard that St. Johns Wort is good for that too, I have not tried it but I know part of my anxiety is due to personal problems. But the other is peri related especially the health anxiety. 
    • Posted

Lyn, I am with you on the "not feeling much of a difference" I dont either. But, I am just hopeful its helping on the inside. I will check the Terrys natural. 
    • Posted

I heard St. John's Wort was good for anxiety. I'm going to order some. I can't find any on the shelves here. I too have health anxiety pretty bad. I'm working on it though. It's a process but I'm working on it .
    • Posted

I have to believe that it does have to take inflammation down based on the ingredients and doing the research. I do a ton of research and believe me, it wears me out and I know more things than I really cared to know about but I feel like now I need to stay on top of things because no one else do it for me.
    • Posted

You and I sound a great deal alike. I also do a great deal of research too about the menopausal issues/treatments and homeopathic treatments. I agree with you that I often feel I know more than I wanted to, I learned about the iodine when I was researching breast soreness and itchiness. One thing I found out is that I don't like the way turmeric taste, I have to use the pills/capsules. I put a tablespoon in my zucchini and I did not like it. I use garlic daily, apple cider vinegar, and I do all of this and I am like you I have to believe that with ALL I am doing it is taking down inflammation and other things too. I hate worrying about all of this, today when I was booking there was a woman on thte radio talking about women and heart disease and yes, it was a great program and everything she said was correct and true, but I thought wow, I really wish I did not have to now stress again.  ALL of the media is correctly alerting us, but it seems like overload. 
    • Posted

Yea, I hear ya. I take the Tumeric supplements but like when I make chili, I mix a little Tumeric spice in there. In my opinion, sometimes we get media overload like you said then on top of that, these drug commercials are really bombarding every day all day long!!! I mean what's up with that!!!! They just need to stop scaring people like they do.
    • Posted

WE are very overloaded by the media with the drug commercials and the bombardment of "helpful hints about illnesses. I work part time at a nursing home and most of the women are between 95-100 and they said we never had the type of stress and worrying about illnesses we worked hard, stayed busy and ate what we liked and we realized some people passed on and some stuck around and I think that a huge factor  in their viewpoint is they were not constantly hearing about hearing about dreaded illnesses all the time.
    • Posted

That makes a lot of sense. I had to stop googling and reading because it made my anxiety even worse. For now, if I have a serious concern I'll see a doc and leave it up to the experts and if I don't like whats being said I'll get a second opinion. The commercials are even scary, they have a pill for everything and listening to the side effects is just as worse as the illness. None of it is any help when we are trying to deal with the stresses of our bodies going through yet another change.
    • Posted

Jamie, absolutely the side effects are WORSE than the illness. My mom is very much like the older women in the nursing home. She has the same attitude. I am with you, NO GOOGLING, even if you don't have anxiety, it will create it!  I am with you, I go to the doctor about concerns. And, even when I see the commercials about all the drugs I turn the channel. 

• Posted

Yea I think some of the commercials can play on the psychi and sometimes people will personalize it to themselves making them wonder if they might have that disease or symptom. I'm just not sure why they have drug commercials even on because thats what drug reps are for...they introduce the drugs to the doctors. It just seems really pointless to me because yes it can very much stress people out.
    • Posted

Its the worst. I turn the channel too. I can't deal with it. I'm trying my best to cut down the stresses as much as I can. Im realizing that I have to help myself in this transition. These symptoms can be frightening and they are hard to deal with and at times my anxiety is rough so I can't keep letting the media and the googling get inside my head.
    • Posted

Years ago they were not allowed to advertise on TV and now its totally over the top. It makes me very stressed out, but what is worse is the websites on women's health. They are meant to be helpful, they throw me into a significant health crisis anxiety attack, literally every day they have a "do you know the signs of cancer, do you know the signs of a heart attack ect ect. Again, I realize its a useful topic but its all the time we are deluged with health alarms. I agree with my grandmother when she said we went to the doctor when we had a problem or a trusted relative, we did not have this type of media in our face all the time.
    • Posted

Yep, I hear ya. I try not to look at the "signs" for this and that because sometimes our brains can get tricked into having us believe that we might have this or that. It's sometimes hard to ignore because on one hand you want to be informed but on the other hand, you don't want to add to your plate of stresses. The problem is you look at 10 different sites for the same thing and you'll get 10 different opinions much like asking 10 different Dr's and then you have the stress of who is right and the truth is, they all may be right because everyone is different and how do you REALLY know what works or will be right for you, you know what I'm saying? Then you get so stressed out then it makes me run to the sweets! And that isn't good for ya either!I used to love ice cream until I read the ingredients one day and there was an ingredient called carrageenan and learned that is a carcinogen! So see...it's always something. Ughhhh!😣
    • Posted

Wow, I did not know that about ice cream, I think Ben and Jerrys would be the best. That's the reason its best JUST To go to your doctor or N/P because as you said googling and reading tons of websites are frustrating.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.