newby looking for help

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi everyone im Jackie Ive had copd for 3+ years i was put on seretide 500 i was wondering if anyone else is on this or knows about it

thank you for reading xx

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi

i loved seretide when i first used it i felt like i was not ill, but after stopping then going back on it it makes no change in me sad

• Posted

Hi Nanajac, the trouble with COPD is that whatever it always gets worse, but you have to find the right drugs to be best for you. Why on earth was it stopped if you were doing well? I don't get it.
  • Posted

hi you wont believe this but because the drugs was doing good my doc said 'you dont have copd anymore so im taking you of your meds' after a few weeks i was pretty bad so went to see another doc he went crazy saying that doc was stupid to say that it was just your meds was working! go back on the meds but they are not working now smile
  • Posted

Hi OMG!!! That beggars belief! That doctor should be struck off! COPD never get's better, is only controlled and can improve slightly if a person gives up smoking or gets away from car pollution and get the right drugs for them. It is sometimes a while to find the right ones, but for heck sake get a doctor who knows what he's talking about. If your current one seems OK, go back and tell him it's not working and he should be willing to try something else. Did you get an official diagnosis from a Chest Clinic or X-rays, as asthma can also cause same symptoms?

Hope you will get the correct meds to make you feel better.

• Posted

i have had chest pain/band from copd now for over 3 years but the last few days its going right round my back too and hurts!!! can anyone tell me if it is my copd? .... i have also been put on a new drug spiriva as well as Seretide 500 none seem to be doing anything sad i told the doc and i have to go to hospital but not till april!
  • Posted

Hi Nanajac,

It certainly doesn't sound like COPD to me. What do others think on this site? Have you any pain going down your arm? I thought I was having a bad gastric reflux turn for a few days, but with aching left arm, and I had had a heart attack. Myself, I've never had pain in the back, only that once. I'd see your GP first thing tomorrow, or if it doesn't ease off, call an ambulance. I don't want to frighten you,. but I waited too long and came unstuck..!!

Please let us know how you feel tomorrow.

Regards, Val.

• Posted

hi Val

that sounds horrid!!!

heart attack!!!!

my arms are fine iv had it for a few days now the chest pain is like a band i had since i got copd but i prob just strained my back just wanted to make sure

thank you for your reply xx

jackie

• Posted

Hi, Jackie

Sorry if I scared you. Glad your arm is fine, although I can honestly say in all my years of having COPD I've never felt pain in my back (except gastric reflux attacks).

Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow.

Regards, Val.

• Posted

thank you xx
  • Posted

I had pains in front and back which I thought was just because of coughing unfortunately I had a bleed in my lung and almost popped me clogs so check your sputum when you cough anything up. I know that sounds disgusting but it is better to be safe than not.
  • Posted

wow im ok now just back to tight chest but thank you xx
  • Posted

I am 68 years old,and I have the same as you nanajac...chest pain/band front,going through to my back...I am on the same meds as you...

Was diagnosed from a CT scan... Severe COPD (Emphysema) only about a third of my lungs working,but gases were 98%... with an FEV-1 of 0.8 (37% predicted) and an FVC 1.7 (62% predicted) ...

What ever that all means ????

Have only just begun on these meds two days ago...I have an appointment next Tues at the hospital for Lung function tests,plus see the consultant again,in another four weeks at the chest clinic at the hospital...

• Posted

I am on Seretide 500, wouldn't be here without it
  • Posted

chest pain is dangerous for health. You should search professional doctor for this treatment.
  • Posted

I have been using Seretide 500 for a few years now along with one dose of Seretide in the morning and I find these two a great help to me. I then use Ventolin as and when needed although that is not often as I have oxygen for when out walking and also for 16 hours a day at home. Hope this helps, I have had COPD for over 20 years now. If you get offered the chance of going on a pulmonary course take it as they really help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.