Not getting notifications!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone! For the past 24-36hrs I've not had any notifications. I've read that other folks have also experienced this same problem.

I've so enjyed starting my day and ending my evening with reading and responding to these posts, so I'm wondering what's goin on?

If anyone could help with this, please let me know. Thanks!

Btw....I've checked my settings and everything is good.

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Lynda

I get a gozillion emails everyday from this group. Want a few thousand of mine?😂😂😂

• Posted

Kathy, I did too! That's why I'm wondering what's goin on! 😱 Feeling abandoned!

• Posted

Did you check your spam folder. Mine used to go to spam and then just magically switched to my email🤷🏼???

• Posted

Hi lynda62707 this happened to me too and I really got upset as like you felt so much on reading posts for support and learning from others on this painful journey .try going to your account details and update them again this took a few times of repeating it but it worked .good luck others may come forward with their suggestions .
    • Posted

Thanks jean! I've done that and am now waiting to see what happens!😁

• Posted

my notifications go to "junk" folder.  What I have done is used one of my discussions as target and bookmarked it, and added it to my tool bookmarks. Now when I want to read messages I just go to my discussion and then on the upper right corner there is "Notification" label with blinking red dot , which indicates new posts.  If there is no red dot, there are no new messages.

• Posted

Omgggg nick, I confess. That Totally went over my head!😱. Not quite as "tech savvy" as I'd like to think, (even tho I live in the heart of silicon valley!)

However, I did receive your message, so maybe things are back on track....I'll just have to see.

Still watching all the fallout from Ford/kavanaugh hearing. Very interesting turn of events thanks to Arizona senator J.Flake!

.....and the beat goes on🎶🎶

• Posted

and for laughs - search for SNL and Matt Damon as Kavanaugh...

"Now it’s time to hear from Judge Brett Kavanaugh (Matt Damon)"  - good impression of angry/crazy person.

• Posted

Can't wait!!! It's 11:17pm right now so counting down to snl and alot of laughs for a change!!😁 👍

• Posted

Just when I thought there was nothing to laugh at any more. It is all more exciting than a whodunnit.
    • Posted

I've been clicking the Notifications from the home page and so far so good. BUT I'm now having the same problem with another forum. I'm using W7 and AVG for security and I sometimes wonder whether their updates muddy the waters. 

• Posted

And over here we have the Conservative Party Annual Conference and last week the Labour Party ditto. I don't know whether to laugh or cry or just be grateful that I'm old.

• Posted

I am using the same win7 but avast for virus protection... The web site announced about a week ago that they will be updating software and changing site. It could be that... BTW, one of the updates is EDIT finally!

• Posted

I'm just grateful I live here - despite the Italian gubmint! We do have our own autonomous government for the region to act as a buffer. Though I have to admit to hoping their removal of the last pension reforms might just happen before March...

• Posted

Right????!! I KNOW I've not "lost it" as I can still find the humor in this very strange (but sad) sense of circumstances! I'm glad I'm able to maintain a balance of being completely fed up and angry with our ' leadership' (AKA...the Donald) while still having my sense of humor and am able to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all!

With that being said, a bit of a warning to all....this guy is not only wanting to be OUR country's leader....he's looking to take over the World! Just sayin'! ....take a close listen to the rhetoric!sad Can we say Reality Show??

• Posted

Trump says he has fallen in love with Kim-Yong un, I am not sure if that is good or bad news.
    • Posted

Omggg! Well I guess it depends on which you consider better friends...kju or our terrific neighbors to the North...whom by the we way he won't even MEET with right now! Argggg, don't get me started!

• Posted

Seriously ladies?

I come to this PMR forum to discuss my disease. This isn’t a political forum. There are plenty of those elsewhere. 

Did you ever consider that others here may have a different leaning than your own. Please go trash my President some place else.

• Posted

Whoaaa! Did we strike a raw nerve?? Yes, this most definitely is a medical forum, one which I'm most greatful for....however, since we're all on this nasty journey together, it's nice to sometimes treat each other as "people" rather than the disease! A good sense of humor is a great pain/stress reliever😁....

Btw....haven't you figured out yet? This is HIS world, we're just all livin' in it!

• Posted

On second thought...this is why I LOVE America...you're free to like your president, and I'm free to NOT!!!

• Posted

I'm neutral here.... well, I'm not, but as I'm in UK I'll mind my own business.

There is much excellent disease advice on here for which we are all grateful but I wouldn't want to exclude our personalities from the forum; what we think and feel is very much part of us and sometimes that will be political  Can't remember who said it but when told that politics and religion were not to be discussed in polite society, said  "What else is there?"

We are not a series of compartments. Brisk exchange of views is breath of life to me, and it works on my spirits as physical exercise soothes my arthritis.

• Posted

Betty

If you’re wanting to discuss politics, religion etc, become Facebook friends or whatever. I’ve spent eighteen months of PMR hell trying to avoid stress, confrontations, and tension. Both of these subjects create both. Not only for me, but others as well. I have asked the forum moderators to put a stop to it.  Yes, I could simply leave the forum, but why should I be pushed out when I have a valid point?

• Posted

you do realize there is a difference between "valid point" and opinion? You are screaming at the very same people that you expect help from, and getting upset in a process. More tolerance goes a long way...

• Posted

Please lighten up kathy! No ones trying to push anything on you! Can we say bantering?? It's good for the soul (and for pmr)!

Life's to short!

Let's just try to be kind to one another. Much better to laugh when we can!

• Posted

I don't particularly like the political side either - but it would never occur to me to complain. I don't have to read it if I don't want to although I do read every post on the PMRGCA forum and I do also report anything I feel is seriously out of place. 

You have to bear in mind that stress impacts greatly on both PMR and GCA - and I know all too well how that feels because of Brexit. On April Fool's Day if they leave without a deal I may have no medical cover as a result and there is no system in place to provide it in Europe for people with existing conditions.

If sounding off here makes someone feel less stressed I think that is fine. Just unfollow the discussion if you find it a problem. Personally I think that was rather rude to tell Betty to go to FB but I won't demand you be stopped. You may feel it is a valid point - but as Nick says, one man's valid point may not be to another, something you are demonstrating quite clearly.

We welcome everyone, whether we agree with them or not - so you are as welcome here as Lynda.

• Posted

// Can't remember who said it but when told that politics and religion were not to be discussed in polite society, said  "What else is there?"//

Betty Dear

You forgot to mention football. 👍

Look folks

It's obvious that there will always be some conflict regarding politics, religion and footie.  

Let's leave those subjects to the applicable forums. My humble opinion. ??

I belong to other forums, which advise on other health problems which I have unfortunately inherited 😱

Because squabbling was taking place on one of those forums, the admin opened a social site on the same forum , which allowed members to rant and post pictures.  

Of course pmr is a damning disease to come to terms with, and everyone handles it differently...

Please be patient with each other,  and make allowances for those amongst us who are not as strong as you are. 

Cheers. 🌷

• Posted

What sort of football??????????????

Yes, there was another PMRGCA forum that decided to have a load of different places to put the less medically-orientated comment and the chatterbox became the most popular section! Unfortunately there were awful host problems which made access almost impossible for a long time with the inevitable result and really all that remains of that forum now is chatterbox. But it serves its purpose for the people still using it.

• Posted

I rest my case. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    • Posted

Dear Kathy, it seems that you have created a really boring thread here (particularly football!) as to what people want to talk about! It may have been better to let sleeping dogs lie rather than threatening to complain about everyone. Live and let live. 
    • Posted

Thank you Eileen. I'm glad to be welcomed.

And yes, laughter is a Great stress reliever....most welcome in MY world!

Sometimes, one even has to laugh at oneself! OH NO!😱

• Posted

Oh right ...

Like Betty, not my game, All Blacks reign when it comes to a form of football...

• Posted

You’re correct, Eileen

I apologize to everyone. Being in a full flare currently has me in a bad place with no end in sight as they juggle my meds.

Leaving the forum is in my best interest.  I only recently realized that heated debates and stress exacerbate my symptoms. 

I sincerely wish everyone the best of luck with this awful disease.💗

• Posted

Come on Kathy

This is a 'cyber world ' forum. Your stress is self induced,  if you let others get to you. Others that you don't know , or will probably never know. Why care !!!

What do you care if someone you don't know, says something you don't agree with. 

Water off a ducks back, as they say. 

It's been useful this forum for you, so don't just pack your bags and leave us. 

Like PMR, it takes courage to say to yourself, 

I won't let this or that get me down.  

I've always enjoyed your posts dear, so come on, don't leave us , we need you here. 

Cyber HUGS. 🤗

I understand that you are in a very dark place at the moment with your PMR flare ups, but reading advice from other sufferers is a positive 

• Posted

You don't have to be that extreme - you don't have to leave. All you have to do is abandon a thread that you see developing in a way you don't like. You can't walk away from day-to-day life - you can shut a door here much more easily. While you are here everyone understands that we all have different needs in terms of PMR and you won't find that amongst most people you meet.

Take the good from here - leave anything you find hard.

• Posted

Returning to the title of this thread, I also am no longer getting notifications.  Turned on my computer this morning expecting to see the usual ten to fifteen items from Patient.  Nothing there!  Good thing I had pinned this thread so I could get back to you folks.

So, what do I do to turn this back on again?  By the way, there was nothing in my trash or “spam” file

• Posted

Come to think of it, I guess I won’ t see anyone’s reply to this posting.
    • Posted

HELLO RICHARD!!! You're the 1st notification I've received in days! So good to hear someone else has been lost in "cyberspace"!

Maybe this is a sign things are on the mend!?

Fingers crossed, (and stiff/painful!) smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.