Not working so good for sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I have been on remeron for around 3 weeks now.

One week at 15 almost 2 at 30mg.

I'm now finding I'm not sleeping so good. I toss and turn all night and find it difficult to get out of bed when I should.

At what point in time do people take their's ?? A few hours before bed?? or just as they go to bed?

Yesterday I also had the strange effect of having lots of energy but not knowing what to do with it. Still no emotions either , I think I'm gonna have to fake smiling / frowning the whole time I'm on this stuff.

Help!

Chris

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh, for sure it tastes horrible, but it worked for me.

• Posted

Hiya

st johns wort is a herb and you can't take that with mitaz...gone are the days where i don't read up on things...chris yes im'm still on mitaz 30mg i went up from 22.5mg i had horrendous side affects but they did disapear i don't want to go through that again by increase or decrease in dose...3 months i have bn on 30mg my sleep is good,my mood is steady i feel it could be better iwas attending c.b.t i feel that was doing something you should maybe try it

• Posted

Oh I feel so bad today. So depressed . I went to bed at 11 pm and still in bed now at nearly 10 am

I've hardly slept. What's the point in getting out of bed when everything feels dull or bad and nothing feels good ?

Thoughts of suicide are constantly there but I don't want to upset people. I don't want to die but I don't see the point in living

Why can't this drug just bloody work instead of making me worse

• Posted

It is unfair that these drugs can make you feel worse before better. Specially when you're desperate to feel well. If its totally awful...have faith that it can't get any worse. Hang on in there, you've got this far...just a bit longer and you should feel better. 30mg gave me up and down cycles. 45mg has so far been the best. I'm very stable and can get on with life now...still have my moments...this morning was a bit hellish but be strong xx
  • Posted

In my depression i used to get some relief from it in the evening , now nothing.

Could it be the sugary snacks that I'm having at night that are keeping me awake since taking 30mg?

It's probably stress too and fear of the unknown.

Will I ever get my emotions back? That is my biggest fear

Chris x

• Posted

I feel it could be the depression that's making you feel numb not the meds. I'm over sensitive to meds and mirt is the only one that allows me to feel happy,sad, nervous everyday but I suppose we are all different. I'm not sure about the sugary snacks but you could always try not eat anything to see if it works? One thing I will tell you is there was recently an article on bananas and children with insomnia...apparently half a banana before bed helped....I've not tried but worth looking into? If I have dips in my mood...it tends to be morning and early evening
  • Posted

Thanks Rachael, mornings have always been the worst for me

I'll try hard to eat just a banana this evening.

Before meds I was able to cry. In the evening and could get into a tv programme at least or something now everything just has no meaning and is pointless

I am hard work to everyone, my mam, my doctor, my therapist.

If my former self could see me know he wouldnt understand what I am going through

• Posted

Hiya chris

hope you are feeling better? if your sugary snacks contain choclate then yes this could affect your sleep...banna is good so is warm milk or both is better a malt biscuit with warm milk oveltine made with milk you can get the 1 made with boiling water no good lol unfortunatly i have had nights when i don't sleep...i was in hosp given my usual mitaz + a dose of tamazapam no good was still keeping the nurses on nightshift company totaly bemused how i was not out for the count....i must say it has been a good few months since i been like that but it can last for weeks...i know that if you don't sleep to good how bad it can affect you the next day and that counting sheep is no good cause if 1 escapes i cannot settle lol

• Posted

Hi Maz

Do you mind me asking when you were in hospital?

I definately feel more restless after taking mirt and going to bed now

I'll try warm milk and banana tonight.

The thing is i've never had trouble getting to sleep, even when depressed. My problem has always been waking too early and not being able to get back to sleep

• Posted

But i also have trouble getting to sleep now since the last few nights on mirt
  • Posted

Chris

you will come out of this and you will be a stronger better person for it i can understand the not crying bit my beloved cat of 21 yrs died i did not shed a tear yet when the kid's gerbil died i sobed the gerbil was yrs ago the cat a few months wen i was so numb..are you into reading? or just can't get into that at the mo? Try books like call of the midwife for e.g the story begins and ends in each chapter so not alot of consentration needed

• Posted

Hiya chris

it was only back in jan what dose of mitaz you on

• Posted

I'm not into reading much but I got the walking dead books for Xmas and have been trying to read them.

There so much passing me by while I feel numb, I want to go and see the new spiderman film but I feel like I'm going to waste it while I'm like this if that makes sense

I was also looking forward to the new series of 24

Now I look forward to nothing. I don't care about anything. Everything is a distraction until bedtime

• Posted

I've been on 30 mg for over a week 15 mg before that
  • Posted

Just over a week isn't long enough at all, and you know this!! I'm only just feeling better and I'm 13weeks in! (10 weeks on 30mg and 3 on 45mg) When you increase/start new meds, you always end up a bit over the place the first few weeks...it's totally normal..I know that's not much reassurance when you feel so urghhh... but it will get better, you've just got to ride this bit out xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.