Operations

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone know or have heard when operations are looking to be re-instated?

1 like, 87 replies

87 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Well I'm now in hospital. Op to be tomorrow morning.

I ve had MRSA ,COVID and SARS swabs as well as U&E blood test this afternoon and all are fine.

Its been a bit of a mad rush and quite stressful but hopefully I'm on the home run.

• Posted

brilliant news Dale.

hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow (which it will).

do they try and get you out quicker than normal after the operation?

keep us updated. and good luck

• Edited

spoke too soon, my last minute U &E test showed very low sodium levels so they won't operate. Home now and very annoyed.

On the positive side I definitely don't have Covid 19.

Not sure what to do now.

PS Was told I'd get home the day after op ( if I'd had it, of course )

• Posted

tip here, eat salted crisps before op, I did both times and no problem

• Edited

aww noooo

gutted for you.

so where do you stand? how long before you can try again?

• Posted

I tried that but it didn't work. I think it's a bit more serious.

• Edited

I don't know. Will speak to GP tomorrow.

I kind of discharged myself as I was so angry that they didn't check my bloods earlier

• Edited

Hi Dale

You must be gutted they did something similar to me back in March...

. I did get my op on 7th August at first all went well until I came down with a chest infection so I was isolated on oxygen, intravenous anti biotics etc I am back home now feeling exhausted and doing a lot of sleeping. The staff were brilliant really well looked after. Now it is a question of time and patience!!

Do hope you get some positive news soon

• Posted

Hi vicky

I had Mr Kucheria

A couple of weeks on and still have very little energy any tips gratefully received

• Posted

My father had Mr Kucheria when he fractured his hip. He is very good.

• Posted

its difficult to advise as everyone's recovery is different. But are you getting enough sleep 💤

if struggling at night sleep during the day.and ensure your eating and drinking plenty.

I never had a problem with lack of energy, but drank lots of ribena and cranberry juice, and was up walking ever hour if only to do a couple of laps round coffee table.

• Edited

I rang up wrightington today asking when operations were re commencing to the patients relations and they have called me back to advise that the registrar of my consultant will be calling me tomorrow at 10am so fingers crossed this is good news.... i just dont know what he would be ringing me for?

• Posted

I will keep everything crossed for you ( except my legs, of course) !!!!!!

• Edited

lol... that made me smile

well fingers crossed I get the call...

hope your recover going well and your glad you had it done..

• Posted

Hi Vickie, hopefully you will get some good news, there's nothing worse than no communication, it's my biggest gripe . You feel terrible nagging but sometimes it's the only way to get some kind of traction. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow

Helen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.