Orlistat Check In Group

Posted , 17 users are following.

I thought I would make a wee group where all of us who have just started recently (or join up later) can come to ask questions and give updates. Saves us all making a new discussion all the time. Feel free to join in...or not! 

Update:

So I am starting day 5 and finally noticing some effects of the pill. No accidents or anything, but I am going to the toilet more regularly (from once every 2-3 days to 2 times PER day). Less transit time means my body will absorb less of it which hopefully = weight loss. I refuse to use the scale until I have done it for at least a week. I don't want obsess over it every day. 

Question:

I was looking over that Norfolk guide suggested but at one point it advised like 5 slices of bread before noon. If I eat 5 slices of bread in any day I will never lose weight..I know some people will start the whole ''calorie is a calorie'' but from a Biological perspective I would highly disagree. Without getting to technical about it I will just say over 14 years I have experiemented enough to know that my body is HIGHLY sensitive to simple carbs (wheat, sugar, potatoes etc). SO my question here is...are any of you guys following a sorta Low carb and low fat approach? By low carb I do not mean fruit/veg, just simple carbs like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. 

0 likes, 107 replies

107 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi all, weighed in today after a week on tabs and healthy eating. Very happy that I've lost 8lbs. I know it'll slow down now but just really motivating to have such a good kickstart after so long of not seeing scales move. Fingers crossed it continue to go down!

• Posted

That is great to hear candy, glad you have had success. Gives me hope for my 2 week weight in.
  • Posted

So good to find a new chat about orlistat!!... I started last Wednesday and am looking forward to jumping on the scales this week! (Not expecting anything major as just hit time of month) ???? I swim 3-4 times a week so hoping this will help boost any weight loss! Hope your all getting on well smile

• Posted

2lb gain this week so annoying but I'm hungry all the time, gonna give these tablets another 3 weeks then come off them I seemed to be doing better without them, I try not to eat carbs I do exercise quite a lot and drink plenty iced water I know I did have 1 cheat last week I had no side effects what so ever I've been on orlistat 6 weeks now.

• Posted

I've lost 10lb with them but i have 7st to loose, i get more flatulence with these tablets that's the only difference I've found.

• Posted

I think a 10 lb loss in 6 weeks is pretty good. Maybe that is just me but I havent really changed weight (up or down) in about 5 years (except of course the monthly kg fluctuation)!
  • Posted

I am feeling so disheartened. I lost 5lbs in my first two weeks and I have put 4lbs back on despite doing everything I should be doing. I just took a look at the suggested meal plan on this site and there isn't anything I'm not doing apart from having 5 a day. With 40lb to lose in two months for my op I just dont know what to do...a month wasted :-(

• Posted

I haven't been on them 2 weeks yet and I've lost 1 and half stone but I'm really pleased and I don't eat fruit and veg 5 a day

• Posted

I have a long way to go thou as I want to loose more than 10 stone but sometimes I gain and then loose I weight myself every week at home but every month I'm going to weight myself at tesco but I find scales say different measures every time

• Posted

Well done Susan this is amazing. Can I ask what differences you have made in order to lose the weight?
    • Posted

I think these pills are really only going to help people who over eat FAT. Perhaps this is why the doctors only trial them at first. If you are eating a diet low in FAT but high in SUGAR then the pills wont help. You will stay the same or maybe gain. 
    • Posted

I haven't been eating crap and really cut down on what I eat and I have a stepper which I go on everyday and try and do as many as I can as I get pains in my feet

• Posted

I eat eggs, tuna in granary bread at dinner times and then usually have muller light and then a piece of fruit then at tea time it's different everyday

• Posted

Started my first full Orli day on Wednesday, I do a weekly weigh in at the gym on sundays and I hadn't lost anything, I know its an aid and not going to be a miracle cure but hope that something starts happening soon, feeling disheartened 😒

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.