ORLISTAT HELP PLEASE

Posted , 10 users are following.

i started orlistat yesterday, i've read that people tent to not realise that they are going for a number 2 until they look, is this true as it didnt happen to me yesturday, does this mean it isnt working? sorry if any silly questions. thanks in advance for any replies given x

2 likes, 301 replies

301 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi for over night oats you make them as if you were going to make it normally with milk except you don't heat them up u put them in the fridge over night u can add anything to them I just add strawberries and cherries with some sweetener for my sweet tooth haha

I have salads or ryvitas for lunch and for tea I have been having things like BBQ turkey breast with mixed peppers and salad or pasta with spring onions ham and light mayo x

• Posted

Thanks lovebforb x
  • Posted

Hey peeps!

Gosh its so nice to find other people that are on the same journey as me! smile

I was prescribed Orlistat 4 weeks ago and Im confused about how much weight I have lost as according to my digital scales I have lost 9 pounds (woop! Woop!) but when I went to my GP yesterday to get another prescription she weighed me and she said that I have lost 6kg which is a stone! Not sure which scales to believe as a friend has also used my scales and seems to think that they are accurate? Anyway Im proud to have lost either amount of weight and have started to notice the weight loss smile

How are you all getting on? I have been struggling lately as the weather has been so nice and everyone has been eating icecream! however I have found a delicious ice lolly that is completely fat free! Its made by del monte and its like a berry sorbet lolly and it was sooooo yummy! (so not struggling anymore!). I have only had side effects once and that is because I had 2 biscuits after tea one day! It wasn't nice!

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

WOW what a fantastic start, you must be over the moon to have lost so much (either is a fantastic achievement). I am not getting on the scales at all, trying not to get too obsessed with how much I have lost, I have been on them for about the same time as you, I did take them several months ago but had another medical problem which stopped me from taking them but have been back with them for 3 weeks, not getting weighed until 12th Sept at Dr's. Do you feel any slimmer? I do, my big fat stomach has certainly gone down, I an suck it in a bit now, unlike before it was completely solid! lol

What kind of foods are you eating? Sorry to be nosey but if we all share stories, maybe we can help each other along, Anyway, I wont keep going on, my name is Jo by the way and I look forward to hearing from you soon and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! Sounds like you are going to get there!! xx

• Posted

Hi Jo smile

I don't think I could go a day without weighing! slightly obsessed with it!! I def feel different, think Im loosing it from my legs at the moment- wish it would go from my tummy and double chin! heh heh.

This is a typical day for me:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast with just jam on it (there's hardly any fat and very few calories in jam)- technically I shouldn't need to take a tablet with this meal as there is hardly any fat in it but I still do to get into the habit of taking them)

Lunch: Cous Cous with 2 Linda McCartneys veggie sausages (the veggie sausages are 4g fat each and the cous cous is 2g fat)- sometimes if Im starving I add some baked beans too

Tea: Veggie stir fry with rice noodles (rice noodles are lower in fat than egg noodles)

I try not to snack between meals but if Im hungry I have an apple.

I bet you have lost loads of weight wink People think that these tablets are a magic weight loss pill but that isn't the case is it? Its hard!!! Have you had any side effects? What have you been eating?

• Posted

Morning, thanks for your reply. They certainly are no magic pills, all I find with them is the level of fear I get not daring to eat anything am unsure of, the only downside is that I tend to eat the same foods almost all of the time. My Typical day is Weetabix for breakfast, a salad with maybe a small jacket potato for lunch and as a previous Slimming World customer, I tend to follow their recipes for an evening meal. Grapes and other fruits as snacks if needed and only drinking tea and water.

I cannot fail this time, I have been a serial dieter all my adult life, I have type 2 Diabetes and quite high blood pressure so I have given myself one year to achieve my goal and I am 1/12th of the way there. Its nice to find this forum to get support, I get so much inspiration from reading other peoples stories and so far I am really working hard to get there! Keep in touch, I would love to follow your journey xx

• Posted

Hey Jo,

I know what you mean as I started off eating the same meals every day for a week!!! Then I discovered that if you go onto any supermarkets website (sainsburys is a good one) and have a look at their food they give you the grams of fat in everything that they sell! So I just looked at all of the foods that I liked and wrote down the fat content and then made up meal plans that way.

Im making homemade veg soup at the moment- very low in fat and very filling! wink

• Posted

Hi I haven't been on here in ages !!!

It so nice to read everyone's stories and meal ideas smile

In my first five weeks on the tablets I lost a stone and a half then I had a couple of weeks with no tablets and my weight stayed the same but back on them now and hoping to loose more weight smile x

• Posted

Hi all, well for dinner im doing thai sticky rice with a chicken coconut garlic chilli ginger and lime sauce!

worked it out its low fat so lets see what happens lol

Day 3 on the blue pill for me smile

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

the soup sounds wonderful, you will have to post the recipe online for us all to try,

I will totally blame you now because I popped to Tesco today to get some fruit and saw the weighing scales, couldn't resist so got on and totally gutted! If they are right, I have hardly lost anything, although I feel a bit slimmer and maybe the scales weigh differently, I will get the true number when I go to the Dr, so your fault! lol

I had Weetabix and fruit for breakfast followed by a ham salad for lunch and I bought a low fat ready meal with 6.9 grams of fat for dinner, never bought one before as we usually cook but I will give it a try and see.

Do you do any exercise? I cannot get motivated at all, I really should eve if its only walking, I will make more of an effort. Do you have much to lose? Personal questions sorry, but hope you don't mind me asking, I have about 5 stone to go but only last year I had 7 stone to lose, I did the 2 stone with slimming world so hoping the little blue pills will give me more weight loss, anyway, I have waffled on for far too long, look forward to your reply xx

• Posted

Hi Jo I'm Vicki, I've been talking to Michelle too.

Looks like we're the 5 stone gang!

I need to loose about that too.

Uv done amazing loosing 2 already.

I'm joining rosemary Conley tonight as her new fab diet is based on 5% fat or lower.

Never been to one of her groups before so hopefully ill get some good recipes to post.

I jump on the scales all the time too, think ill take the battery out and just weigh at class.

I'm on day 3 of the magic pill lol.

Well done on your loss x

• Posted

Hey Jo

Hey don't blame me! :-P. Lol I wouldn't trust the scales in Tesco though jun, how much have you lost according to their scales? The home made soup was a success! :-D really filling too, it's a winner with my 3 year old too (even if he did ask for toast to dip in it!?!??!? Heh heh.

Going to start exercising next week (I've got a treadmill in my garage so I've got no excuse!)

Awwwww looks like we have a proper lil group forming ;-) Vic let us know how you get on at your first class tonight x

• Posted

Hi Michelle & Jo, well been to rosemary conley group, feel positive as some of the women there have lost 6-7 8 stone! wow

All of her rules are 5% fat or less and has tons of lovely recipes so I will try them out and if nice post them on here.

They all exercise after the group, I went in my jeans and slopped out after the talk lol!

I think this diet and my little blue pill will hopefully work well together.

I paid for a 5 week course so I have to go back!!!

I feel really up for this and soon enough our group will be the 4 stone , 3 stone gangsmile smile

Come on girls we can do thissmile

• Posted

Hi I'm becca I also have about 5 stone to loose

I've been making alot of overnight oats for breakfast they re really tasty and filling x

I've also been taking a vitamin pill everyday as my friend advised it while I'm on these tablets

• Posted

Hi beccasmile welcome to our 5 stone gang lol.

Just read about these nite oaks, I'm going to try themsmile

I am determine this time, with us all supporting each other we can all be 5 stone lightersmile

I have NEVER been this size and don't like it.

My fella family live in Wales and I won't seem them now till Xmas I wanna shock them by shifting the weight!

Are you aiming for a goal ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.