Orlistat, im on month 2 how is everyone getting on with there loss?

Posted , 15 users are following.

So i started taking orlistat as a last result to kick start me into loosing alot of extra weight. So far i have lost 14lb im pleased with that as without them i would be no where near that loss. Also was ill over xmas/new year so didnt take them for 3 weeks, i was sure i had gain back some of my initial 9 lb loss so was suprised when i stepped on the scales.Is everyone following low cal diet along side the tablets? anyone else finding snacks hard?? ive been having ryvitas with a little bit of fat free cattage cheese and a slice of ham, greek style fat free yogurt, and the obvious fruit and veg anyone else got any ideas, starting to feel like im eating the same thing day in day out!! would love to hear how others are getting on

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've been on them 2 months and lost 17lb how much have you lost?
  • Posted

Hi Bianca well done on your weight loss, you've done really well losing that amount in just 2 months I have lost 2st 5lbs in total and that's in 9 mths, my losses haven't been as high as I would of liked it to be but I have PCOS so losing weight is normally really difficult..
  • Posted

Hi I broke my foot a week ago though so I've stopped the orlistat for now but continued healthy eating! So hopefully I won't put any weight on your weight loss is brilliant well done the weight coming off slowly is better for you, you will get where you want to be! X
  • Posted

taking diet pills are good, but if you take the perfect meal plan and do physical workout daily. so, it is more helpful when you will get that.
  • Posted

kaz2014 Hello and thanks so much well done on your WL so far and good luck smile x
  • Posted

Hi. Got my Orlistat this morning so will start on them in the morning. Love reading your messages and well done to everyone.

Hope I can share some good new to you all soon. biggrin x

• Posted

Hi everyone I'm Casey I just started tablets 7 days ago an iv had bad headaches to but all in all they are greatsmile I'm from Australia biggrin Brittany we'll done you give me the determination to keep going thank you biggrin
  • Posted

Hi Casey, Thanks so much smile i had the headaches at the start too i think i had them for the first couple of weeks then they went i would suggest drinking a ton of water which also helps with the bloat you get in the beginning.

Good Luck and let me know how you get on smile x

• Posted

Hi all, I'm on week 5 and today had my weigh in. Really pleased...I have lost 1 stone 5 pound and feeling fab ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ Along way to go but a great start for me
  • Posted

Hi Zoe. Brilliant result. Well done, bet you feel fab x
  • Posted

@zoe we'll done wot are you eating on daily basis?? smile
  • Posted

Hi Casey. I enjoy what I'm eating and not missing out on tasty foods. I'm not into eating salads everyday, as I would soon get bored. In general, I have about 1200 calories x 5 days and 600 calories for 2 days. (This was was my doctor suggested). Typical day, weetabix for breakfast replacing sugar for canderal with red top milk. Lunch either homemade vegetable soup or vegetable tinned soup. or small pasta salad. Shapers fat free yoghurt, piece of fruit. If I have urge for crisps ( which I might have 2 a week ) I will have maize crisp such as cheese curls (about 2.5 g fat). For evening meal, this can vary from skinless chicken breast sometimes cooked as a chasseur or in some kind of sauce, with mash potato replacing butter for very light Philadelphia and drop of red top milk along with veg. Other meals may be chilli con crane replacing mince meat for quorn. Fish and chips, ( I was bought a tefal acti fryer for Christmas..can highly recommend. I will use this to make chips...homemade are the best..peel and chop potatoes , you add 1 t spoon of olive oil and they are honestly the best tasting chips I have ever had. There are lots of recipes you can cook in it, all tasty results). When shopping I will only buy food that has no more than 6 gram of fat per 100 grams. I still have tasty foods, just had to get used to what to buy..honestly there's lots in supermarkets. When I'm working and want something that won't take long, I use jars to add to my chicken..and over 80 %f them are only 0.5 g per 100 g..I was amazed. Hope this helps a bit..keep me updated on how you are doing ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Posted

Wow now that really is a healthy diet. How did you feel on your first week? Im on my first week and I still cant stop eating between meals. The thing is I don't have this orange oil everyone is talking about. I even checked my pill packet just to make sure I have got Olistat lol x
    • Posted

I'm a newbie....how is your weight loss going smiler45....i have read through all the posts on this i started taking mine today and am very excited can't wait to see the resultsย , i have to go back to gp in 4 weeks for a weigh-in. As long as i loose i can keep on them .....i need to loose as i am having hip problems and cant take the pain anymore.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.