Overactive Thyroid Graves Part 4

Posted , 60 users are following.

We all have Graves Disease or overactive thyroid issues, most of us have been through RAI and are now on thyroxine.

10 likes, 1228 replies

1228 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Everyone!

Phew! Found you! Not sure about the new layout. :S.

Have been on my adventure to Ireland for work and just got back on Monday, exhausted but glad I did it. Even after all the potatoes with everything I don't seem to have put any weight on. Yippee!

Had a hospital appointment today and all my levels are back within expected ranges so that's good news. I've to continue on 5mg carbimazole for the time being and see what they say again in around 6 weeks. Hope everyone is keeping better. Now to try & bookmark this page so I don't get lost again. Has anyone go a ball of string?

Babs.

• Posted

Hi all,

Hope your all OK, been having a read through here, and see that it's not just me getting lost!! Everybody seems to be doing OK, which is good to know : )

1 week on after the RAI, feeling much better this week, the first week I was feeling so tired and sick all the time, I was wondering when I would start to feel human again!!

Anyhow, keep smiling : )

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

Weigh in day today on the old diet, sorry healthy eating plan! and I've lost another 1/2 pound which considering its been a week of birthdays I'm quite pleased about.

My birthday tomorrow and we are going away for a night in a lovely 5* hotel, so not going to worry about calories too much!

Feeling quite good although noticed my finger and knee joints were a wee bit sore this week, nothing too bad though.

Seems like ages ago I got my bloods done, due for the next one at the end of February, can't get used to this one tablet and bloods every 3 months at all!!

Debs - glad the heart monitor wasn't too bad, let us know when you get your results.

Bess - always happy to help if I can, a problem shared and all that, I agree with Marigold about keeping a food diary and see if you can identify a trigger for your migraines?

Babs - well done not putting on any weight from the Emerald Isle! Into normal ranges good for you, what are they again :-) I'm hoping that's where I will be at the end of Feb.

Hux - Stick in, it does get better after RAI, how are you finding the isolation, it wasn't as bad as I thought although I did have to stay away from work for 3 weeks which wasn't too hard to do!

Marigold - you ok? How long till the new baby arrives? I can't believe it's nearly the end of January already!

Take Care,

Kat xxxx

• Posted

Hi gang.

Hi Babs.. Glad you've found us.

I think I'll go to Ireland, I love potatoes. Potatoes with everything sounds like heaven. lol

On one holiday I lived on fish and chips for a week, and I actually lost weight.

It's good your bloods are in the normal range. Keep up the good work.

Hi Hux.

Glad you're feeling better. You'll get there.

Listen to your body, if you feel tired try to rest. You'll soon be full of energy.

Hi Kat. I hope you have a lovely birthday tomorrow, and enjoy your night in the 5* hotel.

I know what you mean about the blood tests. I don't have one until the end of April, that'll be six months since the last one. I think I liked it better when I was having them done every two weeks, at least I knew where I was. I'm sure everything is ok as I feel fine, but it's still a bit worrying.lol. I agree it very strange just taking one tablet a day.

The new baby is due at the end of April, the time is flying by. Our little granddaughter is chattering away now, she was a bit slow with her talking, but she's making up for it now. lol.

She likes to point to her mammy's tummy and tell us the new baby is inside.

Thinking iof everyone.

love,

Marigold

xxxx

• Posted

Hi all, Bloody hell its taken me over a week to get on here & ive just realised ive posted on the wrong thread !!!! lol

Well i had heart monitor & typically didnt have many palpitations so, didnt have to press the button too many times get my results from it next week how did you get on Deb?

Kat thats great you have lost weight wish i could lol.

Bess like you i get the migraine auras but, not the headache mine started the same time my thyroid went out of sync so, i think there is a connection but, i hate them.

Barry i started on 25 thyroxine im now on 50 7 still dont feel right but, as you know we are all different i just dont think they can get you back to your optimum level of well being but, thats just my opinion (oh woe is me lol)

Hope everyone else is well i will have to have a good read read through the posts & catch up on everyone have a good weekend all. Take care. Elaine.

• Posted

Hi all, Bloody hell its taken me over a week to get on here & ive just realised ive posted on the wrong thread !!!! lol

Well i had heart monitor & typically didnt have many palpitations so, didnt have to press the button too many times get my results from it next week how did you get on Deb?

Bess like you i get the migraine auras but, not the headache mine started the same time my thyroid went out of sync so, i think there is a connection but, i hate them.

Barry i started on 25 thyroxine im now on 50 7 still dont feel right but, as you know we are all different i just dont think they can get you back to your optimum level of well being but, thats just my opinion (oh woe is me lol)

Hope everyone else is well i will have to have a good read read through the posts & catch up on everyone have a good weekend all. Take care. Elaine.

• Posted

• Posted

Ha ha ha, I really know what im doing dont i? just posted 3 times!!!!! stay with me folks. Elaine.
  • Posted

Hi Elaine.It might have taken you a week to get on, but you've certainly made up for it now.lol.

Take care,

Marigold

• Posted

Hello everyone

marigold its just a small box on a strap i had to wear like a handbag with 5 sticky pads on my chest, it was ok apart from when i went to bed as every time i turned over it woke me up cos i had to put the box next to me but it kept pulling the sticky tabs when i moved .

elaine i get chest pains and palps everyday but didnt get any at all the day i had the heart monitor on i couldnt believe it, did they give you any idea of how long for your results?

Happy birthday Kat smile xx

take care everyone Deb xx

• Posted

Hi,ebs my monitor was only the size of a mobile phone & i had 2 pads like you found it a nightmare in bed & nearly lost it down the toilet!!! I have to make an appt to see gp next week for my results so, that will be interesting. How is everyone else? Take care. Elaine.
  • Posted

sorry mean debs lol Marigold yeah just making sure you all get my message lol. Elaine x
  • Posted

Hi Everyone,

Still don’t like this new layout....

Happy birthday Kat, have a lovely day and stay at the hotel and forget about the diet.

What a glorious day for the first day of my new life the sun shining although cold, which I don’t mind it’s when it’s damp and grey that gets me down. I’ve had a lovely day so far went out for lunch with hubby. It is so good not to have to worry about work anymore I feel a bit better already.

Like both Elaine and Debs I get chest pains and palps most days, but not today and Elaine it is so typical that you didn’t have any when you were wearing the heart monitor.

I have to go for blood tests in a few weeks time for my appt with my endo on March 19th.

Off to my Grandson’s 4th birthday party tomorrow, Fireman Sam theme I can’t believe that he will be four tomorrow.

Take care everyone. Maria

• Posted

Happy Birthday Kat - eat a great big pudding for me ! Take care all, Bess xxx
  • Posted

Feeling abit more nervous since started thyroxine(its been a week now) sleeping less as well. Hoping it will pass but if it continues i will have to contact gp. I don't think I help matters sometimes because I am a worrier. Everything else seems ok though for

Now .

Take care all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.