PAE not sure but gonna do it

Posted , 13 users are following.

i want to do something but not into the urologilical salutions but like the idear of PAE?? anyone have it love to know??

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Some love the results while others are sorry they did it. Can't please everyone.

• Posted

Hi Drummer

I had my PAE 16 months ago ....it seems to be effective ..my sexual function is back to normal ... no retrograde ejaculation which I had with FLOMAX and SILODYX.

I also sleep well at night.

The morning from 9 to 12 can be a bit tricky ... I need to pee at least at one hour intervals

especially when driving.

My PG has shrunk from 120 to 86 grammes

• Posted

Hi Drummer

I had my PAE 16 months ago ....it seems to be effective ..my sexual function is back to normal ... no retrograde ejaculation which I had with FLOMAX and SILODYX.

I also sleep well at night.

The morning from 9 to 12 can be a bit tricky ... I need to pee at least at one hour intervals

especially when driving.

My PG has shrunk from 120 to 86 grammes

• Posted

Drummer10,

Here is a link to a video comparison of most of the different BPH treatment options:https://www.urotoday.com/video-lectures/lugpa-gu-oncology/video/mediaitem/1087-embedded-media2018-11-15-13-18-18.html

hope this helps,

Henry

• Posted

Hi Drummer,

There are many discussions on the forum about PAE. I had a PAE in 2017 with good but not fantastic results. A lot depends on whether you're a good candidate for the procedure. What are your symptoms, what meds have you tried, do you know the size of your prostate, etc?

If you do decide to go with it, I think the most important thing is to choose an IR who has had lots of experience. Where are you located?

Rich

• Posted

I had fantastic results. Up only once per night and PSA dropped from 10.2 to 4.8. Procedure is very easy and has 80-90% success rate. It also doesn't preempt any other procedure which you may need if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work the first time I'd even try a second before going the medieval urologist route. I highly recommend Dr. Isaacson at UNC Chapel Hill. Quick and easy.

• Posted

yes - it doesn't work well for an enlarged median lobe - so it didn't help me.

If you don't have an enlarged median lobe and if your prostate is very large, it seems like the PAE has had some good results.

• Posted

I have around 55 to 60 on the size of prostrate. I have no medium lobe problems. I live near Tampa Florida and going to see Dr. Davis who has reportedly done over 250 of PAE. I have never been so tentative about anything in my 69 years. I have to Sh-- of get of the pot about my growing prostrate . I appreciate all your encouragement and input. Just think the whole urology thing is Medieval except for uro lyft. and even that I have misgivings about the metal that cant be taken out. Again going to Tampa General to an Intervention Radiologist on May 22nd 2019. Appropriate any and all advise.. Hope you all are well!!!!

• Posted

Sounds like something I might be interested in also. Does anyone know of a doctor in Southern California who does this procedure?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.