Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Hope you don't mind but thought I would start a new thread.

Tess the flowers sound great.That was very nice of your Dads friend. I planted sweat peas in the spring and I have managed to have a constant supply in my lounge since June.

Tess how is Claire?

Linda how are you? How is your Mum? How did your last CBT session go?

Lin are you going to join us here? Sorry to hear you didn't manage to get out shopping.

Tomorrow we take Alison to Birmingham. So today I plan to get all her washing done. Not really feeling up to it as these last few days all I have wanted to do is sleep.

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Lizzy

[color=green:caa8c7473c][size=9:caa8c7473c][i:caa8c7473c][b:caa8c7473c]Help Patient UK by not starting unnecessary topics[/b:caa8c7473c][/i:caa8c7473c][/size:caa8c7473c][/color:caa8c7473c]

0 likes, 131 replies

131 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi all hope you are not suffering too much in this lovely summer weather were having at moment lol. I have been taken off my meds for R/A, so they can decide if pain I get in my joints is from fibra or R/A so at moment am only on ibuprofen,paracetamol and amitripyline 10mg oh yes and statines for cholestrol. have only been off meds for 10days but have got pain 24/7 am exhausted all day so I hope when I go to hospital on 6th they will decide what to do as this is now really getting me down, sad I might have to kick up a stink soon its been 3yrs and they still dont seem to be able to listen properly.On a happier note only 2wks till my hols in my beloved Devon :D
  • Posted

Hi Linoor

I hope they can get your meds sorted out soon. When will they listen to us lol! Theres is nothing worse than pain constantly it does get you down.

My toes and feet really ache tonight. The weather makes my fibro and OA worse. Been looking after my two granddaughters the last two days.

Been lovely spending time with them but is a very full time job and tiring on legs and feet. The youngest is nearly two and still demanding at times.

Just found out my youngest daughter is having a baby in March. That will be my third grandchild.

Been busy tonight as well loading up our van as we are off to the coast until Tuesday for a well earned rest lol.

Hope your pain improves soon.

Linda hope you are doing ok!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess Linda and Linnor,

I hope that you are all Ok and not in too much pain.

Linda I do hope you manage to get away if it is only just for a weekend. At least now you are not worrying too much about your Mum. Kent is a beautiful place with some wonderful houses. sunday roast can I have some too. Its always so much nicer when someone else has cooked it for you.

Linnor what do you think your pain is down too? I am beginning to work out how all my alliments relate to each other and what is triggering them. I wish you a good holiday in Devon. Alans relatives live in north Devon. I hope you will not be in too much pain when you go away.

Tess I hope you are having a good weekend away. we have had plenty of Sun since we arrived home. I hope Chriss gets somthing quickly.

Well we managed to get away after I had been to see my Doc who was pleased that I was feeling better and he also gave me some more piles med without looking thank goodness. I forgott to ask if he had cancelled my Rheumi!!! We had one very wet day and one cloudy/sunny day while we were camping. Got plenty of walking in and it was nice to have a few days with no stress. The tent got wet while we were packing it up this morning so we had to dry it out when we got home. The kids didn't have a party while we were away thank goodness and not too much mess either.

I now know that my stomach problems are down to stress as all the time we were away my stomach was ok and wthin 2 hours of getting home its really bad again.

Take care all and have a good bank holiday.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizy, Linda & Linoor

It was good to hear you had a good time away Lizy. Its a shame you had to get the tent out when you got home to air it because of the rain. We had a reasonable day on Saturday with sun, cloud and showers. Sunday was our worst day with rain on an off all day with heavy winds. Monday was the best day with Sun and strong winds. We got back today in the morning and have since had a busy day. Got our new cooker coming tomorrow morning so having to make some space in the kitchen to store until we can get the kitchen started.

Linda i hope you are doing ok today! Also Linoor i hope you have had a good day.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess Linda and Linnor

I hope you have all enoyed the lovely sunny day.

Tess I hope you are not doing too much of the heavy work in changing your kitchen. Remember we are suppose to pace ourselves.

Linda how are Ray and your Mum? I hope you have managed to find a little you time too.

Linnor what part of the country do you live in ? Not long till you go away now, I hope you are feeling a little better.

Yesterday I went to see a MIND counsellor and she has agreed to take me on as a patient at a reduced rate. I spent a lot of the session in tears!!!, she also pointed out that I have dealt with an awful lot over the last few years so I'm not to worry too much about feeling low and anxious.

I now know that my tummy doesn't like stress at all !!! it was fine while I was away but since then everything that makes me feel remotely stressful imediatly sets my tummy off. Will have to go back and see Doc soon if it gets any worse.

Laura my youngest arrived back from Ireland last night. Sounds like she had a really good time. it was nice to have her back after 12 days away.

Take care all.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Glad you both managed to get away, Lizzy and Tess and managed to relax despite the weather! Looks like another good one here, so a few small outside jobs me thinks.

Ray seems to have responded well to the inhaler so back to docs tomorrow for a review. My feet are dreadful at the moment, pain in very specific places, aching all over and swollen. If I do too much walking I can have a reaction like this the following day, but this has gone on for over a week now! Even my Mum walks better than me at the moment! So am thinking I`ll be joining Ray at the docs tomorrow.

Mum is very confused, which I know is to be expected, but she is remembering things that you wouldn`t expect her to at all and forgetting things that she usually remembers! She`s getting upset because she thinks the carers don`t come in to help her now \"as I`ve got two arms again\" when of course they do and if you try to make her understand she cries. So Have made the senior carer aware of how she is and I just go along with the conversation as its too upsetting for me to see her cry. She is being very independent, making her own tea etc. which is good, but she thinks she has to do it because the carers don`t turn up. Bless her.

Well make the most of the sun everyone, and like Lizzy says, Tess don`t wear yourself out, I know what its like to have major work done!

Linda

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

Lizy no what you mean about the stress my tummy is like that as well. It is worse when I have to go somewhere and be inside it sets off. I am much better when outdoors. Must be good to have your daughter Laura back.

Think over the last two days pacing myself has gone out of the window. Stewart on five day shift now so not too much work can be done as doesn't get home until 7.30. Thats why we make the most of doing things on his day off. Got friend who does gas work coming out Monday, French door man in about two weeks. Stewart can do all the plumbing, electrics etc. Very lucky as saves us a lot of money. I am his labourer lol. What was Laura doing in Irealnd?

Linda i hope you get on ok tomorrow with Ray at drs and you can get your feet sorted. Sounds really painful for you. Must be upsetting for you when your mum cries bless her! At least you know she is safe and being well looked after than being on her own.

Chris is coming home a week Sunday and has been on that site for TA jobs.

Applied for one in Orton Longueville, Peterborough and Huntingdon. Just bought him a cheap car for 200 that is taxed for 6 months and mot til Feb to get him to and from interviews etc. Haven't told him as a surprise. He just then needs to get it insured. We are lucky with cars as Stewarts job was as a qualified mechanic so saves us more money. Not very good for Stewart lol on MOT times when he has five cars to look at. Theres only Andrew's car he doesn't do as he lives in Nottingham and Andrew takes it to the garage.

Well had a lazy day today as had a friend come round for dinner in my messed up kitchen lol. Managed to find what we needed and only had salad and cake.

Well getting tired now and off to my bed soon.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda

How are you both?

Linda I'm sorry to hear about your Mum getting upset, it must be very hard to see. How did you get on at the Docs? Does Ray have asthma? Did you manage to get out in the garden. Alan has cut the grass and hedge today, but my washing didn't seem to want to dry.

Tess do you hire Stewart out I'm sure Linda and I could find him some jobs to do. My car goes in for its MOT next week I hope it passes as money is a bit tight this month. I hope Chriss manages to get a TA job quickly. The car sounds like a really nice surprise.

I have done a load of cooking today and put it all in the freezer for when I don't feel up to cooking. I have also cleaned the downstairs windows. Still got the ironing to do as they are back at school on Wed.

Tess I new you would be doing too much we just can't help ourselves.

Wishing you both a good weekend we may even go walking tomorrow.

Take care

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizy and Linda

I think thats a good idea hiring him out. I am so lucky he is a handy man lol. He can cook too but doesn't like ironing so can't lend him to you to do yours!

He has only ironed for me twice in 31 years. If I couldn't do it he could iron something but took him an hour to iron a shirt when he last did some.

I have been doing too much again today! With Stewart being at work not a lot can do on the kitchen but the garden desperately need doing. Did front garden today, cleaned Stewart's garage and the shed out. Didn't move any of his tools as wouldn't know where they were. He was going to do it so he has some room for all the other kitchen bits that need doing. Not going to tell him going to see if he notices lol. Really need to do the back garden tomorrow as it is so big and lots of weeds. Thats the trouble with going away so much in August doesn't leave no time for getting the garden done.

I hope you didn't overdo it too much with your cooking Lizy. Good idea to do that to save you time when you not feeling too well.

Linda I hope you are doing ok and not doing too much.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

Feeling somewhat better today, feet not too painful and swelling going down, thank goodness!

Know what you mean about the garden Tess, Ray hasn`t been able to do much for several years now, and it`s getting more difficult for me too. Have had a small fence put down the front garden to keep the neighbours weeds out, and put plants in there that will just keep coming year after year, so thats pretty low maintenance from now on.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do with the lawn in the back garden I would be grateful! Neither of us can manage to keep it looking nice now and trying to think what we could replace it with that won`t take much looking after.

Going to tidy the summerhouse and greenhouse today if my feet will let me, need to gradually get back to what is normal for me again. Just seem to be getting on top and something else either hurts or I get to tired again. Oh well such is the nature of this condition!

Have a good day,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda

Glad your feet are getting better and swelling going down. As for your lawn you need some astro turf if it is not too big. We have some in garden and put it in to play badminton on when the children were at home. No cutting lol. You can even vacuum it. We still have some grass left but less time in cutting the grass.

Did all the back garden today and feel better now it is looking better.

Lizy hope you are ok today and not doing too much.

Tess

• Posted

Hi all have been to hosp appt today they have decided to stop my R/A med until I see consultant on 23rd Nov.

Lizzy I live in Norwich

Holiday at weekend cant wait. I will be taking my happy pills with me {tramadol}

Hope you are all not in too much pain today its been sunny but windy here today but raining now bah

• Posted

Hi Tess Linda and Linnor,

I hope you are all well.

Linnor I wish you a good holiday and remember your meds I left my piles meds at home last time. Its a long time till 23rd Nov.

Linda how are things with you? I hope your feet are still improving. Tess has the right idea about the grass.

Tess I hope you haven't done too much. Not long now till Chris gets home.

I have been fairly good today and not done too much. Went out with a friend for coffee this afternoon.

Take care.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Linda, Linnor & Linda

Linnor I hope you have a good holiday and I bet you are looking forward to it.

Linnor you are not too far away from me. I live in Whittlesey near Peterborough.

Lizy spent the day with Sophie yesterday and had a lovely time! Been scraping wall paper off in the kitchen today. Not been over doing it today. Got lots more to do tomorrow.

Won't be long now until Chris is home! He comes back on Sunday and looking forward to seeing him.

Linda i do hope you are doing ok.

Lizy hope you had a lovely time with your friend for a coffee.

Tess

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Linnor you are not that far from me either, I am in Cambridge. How do you find the Tramadol? It works well for me but knocks me out so no good if I need a pain killer that is effective but also one that allows me to carry on with life. Hard to please aren`t I?!

Tess do be caeful you don`t over do things with your kitchen, I know how you feel having been there with our wet room etc! It`s so easy to keep going and then be out of action for several days.

Lizzy hope your MIND sessions are going well, I did feel some benefit from my CBT but feel there is something more I still need! Don`t what though!!

My feet are still very swollen, but only have pain in the right one when I walk now. The best thing I used was the Voltorol gel, find if I use it 15 mins before I want to do something I get maybe an hours relief. I have traced this back to two weeks ago when I took the car for a new windscreen, I walked back to the shopping centre and had a coffee, then back to collect the car. This walk would have been nothing to me a few years ago no more than a normal five minute walk and now I`ve been out of action cause of it!! Grrrr...

I don`t feel I want to do stupid out of the ordinary things, I just want to do want is normal for someone of my nd age. Was getting a routine going and everything and all behing again. Oh well, moan over

Hoping to take some garden stuff to the tip today, nothing heavy or anything just old pots and things that we will never use again, but must wait and see.

Take care everyone,

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.