Painful left breast/side boob menopause

Posted , 15 users are following.

I'm 48 and peri menopausal , periods stopped around 6 months ago . I'm quite lucky that I have not experienced mood swings however , the aches and pains , the irrational thoughts of doom are awful . Just recently , around three weeks now I've experienced tingling, burning and throbbing in my left breast and side of breast . I have requested a scan with my GP anyway to rule out anything nasty but wondered if anybody else has experienced this ? 

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello I am 46 yrs old and i dont have periods my uterus was removed. But yes Ive gotten everything you can think of in menopause. Left breast pain for sure and yes only my left breast. Very painful. I will be getting a mammo soon thank god because i always am thinking something is wrong sad  I am on Estradiol .025. It helps with mood and hot flashes and that is all. I still get the depression. I've had digestive problems, shoulder problems gallbladder removed, achy bones, forgetfulness, feeling disoriented, throat ache, bad allergies which i never had. I know i am forgetting something LOL. Anyway just wanted to let you know i feel the same left breast/side boob pain. I hope this helps smile

• Posted

Hi Columba.  I was just reading your post and noticed you said throat ache.  I have been having issues with mine too.  Can you explain how yours felt?
  • Posted

Bless you all , so thankful for all of your thoughts and advice , it's makes a huge difference to feel understood ! Men just don't get it lol I hate what I've become and just want to feel "normal" again ! My scan is next Thur so I shall certainly let you know how it goes ??

• Posted

Normal would be wonderful!  Take care and keep posting here.
  • Posted

Hi nichola.  Yes me too.  I have had a few mammos.  Everything okay.  always the left breast.  I am 45.  
  • Posted

You are not alone.  I get this on the left side from time to time and have for a few years.
  • Posted

Hi everybody , was hoping to post on here yesterday but my account was locked ? Anyway , good news ! The mammogram was clear albeit very uncomfortable , especially the left breast ! The consultant advised me to take evening primrose oil for the pain and NOT to take hrt ? Which was going to be my next step . So next question is , does anybody on here take evening primrose oil and does it help ? Thank you in advance 
    • Posted

Hi nichola.  That's great news and I know a relief.  I take 400 mg of vitamin E and that does help me

• Posted

Great news.

Someone had posted taking a tea spoon of Pure Virgin Olive Oil

• Posted

So glad you are ok. I tried evening primrose but didnt do much. What did help was cutting out coffee and cola drinks. Cant hurt to try both though x
  • Posted

Thank you everyone , I'm going to try the extra Virgin olive oil and see how it goes , can't live with the pain ! Hard to sleep and drive , I work with gardening students and it's difficult to manoeuvre myself around , big hugs to you all 

• Posted

Fyi

I started using the extra virgin olive oil and so far all good.

Please make you research which one to use because some manufactures use fillers.

• Posted

I take a teaspoon in the morning.

And I also cut out my daily starbucks. Limited to once a week now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.