Panic Attacks

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello again,I just wondered if anyone had any tips on how to handle  panic attacks, I am getting about 3 a day and they re wearing me out,i start to feel very anxious to point of feeling faint I guess it's those lovely hormones causing them,I do guided meditation to help the panic but this means I m laid on the sofa for half an hour 3 times a day,I m sure my husband is starting to think I m just lazy lol.they just come out of no where. Xx

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Fudgeybear1 get a brown paper bag and blow in and out of it that works or breath in through your nose and out through your mouth and try and count them as it when you think of something else other than your breathing hope it help xx
  • Posted

Hi ladies

I also went on a low dose AD. Panic attacks and depression got out of control. Have been in perimenopause 8 years now 48.

I wont bore you with all the symptoms too many to list. I know you all get the picture. AD did help me cope better with the anxiety and really down depressed cant get out of bed days. Palpitations through the roof. Found out four eeeks ago im aneamic due to heavy periods so sure that was adding to the palpitations. Sad to say the iron pills gave me severe stomach issues of which I have suffered from in perimenopause as well.

Back on another type so see how it goes.

Just hang on in there. Talk to all the lovely ladies on here. They have truly saved my life on here. I literally thought I was losing my mind.

All the best xc

• Posted

Thanks to you all for your advise,i ve tried a few ads and I ve poorly on them,I tried 5 HTP,I only took two tablets and was really ill for weeks,my doctor thinks intorlent to anything that increases seratonin!! It seems like everything I touch goes wrong.I m sorry you have all suffered aswell,I think the panic attacks are the worst thing for me.i will try all your teqniques.i m grateful to you all for your advise.i hope you're all having a good day xxx
    • Posted

Yeah I had bad reaction to prozac and cytalapram. My doc put me on mirtazapine 15mg. It really helped me. I believe it is different from the others. Hope you find some relief real soon it can be soooooo draining at times.

I just keep telling myself its hormones and it will pass. Easier said than done some days I know. Stay in touch keep venting. It really helps x

• Posted

I think in say 20/30 years time ,unless we get that magic pill developed that as soon as menopause symptoms start you take it and all probs get gone ,females following on behind will still be on these sites ,saying same things being said here now .

These meno anxiety are the pits  mine been going 9 yrs ,like it's been saved up overnight ,then soon as you stir ,it's off and running  hormones all setting off for yet another day. On the same old merry go round ,we want off of ,I've had MDDS these past 4 years ,another I want shot of ( boat ride ) no let up from that either  yes and tinnitus .The research to 65 symptoms helped a lot of women on here ,did me .

• Posted

Hi Ladies! I've also had all those symptoms. They're the worst! What helped me tremendously is taking 100mg of Vit B6 everyday. Some women take 150mg but 100 worked for me. Another thing you could try is magnesium. I've heard a lot of good things about it relieving all those symptoms plus it's supposed to help with our bone health as we go through menopause! I'm thinking of adding that to my regimen too. Deep breathing always helps stop my panic attacks before getting worse but honestly I haven't had any since taking the Vit B6! I hope this helps!! We all have to hang in there and stick together!!! 
    • Posted

I m going to get some vitamin b6 I will anything thank you.I ve also heard a lot of good things about magneisium,a friend of mine is trying it out and she says it's amazing,her anxiety has gone right down,you do have to research and f ind out which type is best for you,I don't want to take the tablets but I m going to bathe in Epsom salts and I m waiting for some bl ackstrap molllasis to arrive,I heard it's really good .i agree if we all stick together and share any information we find we will survive lol xx
    • Posted

Vitamin b6 can cause panic attack in some people she needs to see a doctor to best prescribe a good medication for her panic attack because with me i had a bad panic attack when i took vitamin b6 so vitamin b6 is not for everyone some people can take it and you are one of the lucky ones who can and some people like me can't take vitamin b6 because they have panic attacks on it
    • Posted

Hi fudgeybear1

I would talk to your doctor about your panic attacks before taking vitamin b6 because vitamin b6 can cause some people to have panic attack it did with my and yes i am prone to panic attack and anxieties. 

Your doctor may want you on an antidepressant to help with the panic attacks i would talk to your doctor and let your doctor prescribe what he feels is right for you and your panic attacks

• Posted

I understand exactly what you are going through with panic attacks. At time when my anxieties are high i have to rest and take it easy. 

You should talk to your doctor about an antianxiety medication or an SSRI to help relieve some of the panic attacks 

I take ativan for panic attacks and tonight i am going to start a small dose of paxil my doctor told me to cut it in half to take only 5mg of it so i am going to start this dose at bedtime i just prays it works and help alleveate some of my anxieties 

• Posted

Hi

Do you suffer palpitations at all. Ive had them on and off throughout peri. They calmed down for a bit but were bck with a vengeance yesterday out the blue. Ive had heart monitor and they said everything was fine. But I cant help worrying.

Any advice would be appreciated xx

• Posted

Hi Michelle  Iv`e suffered with palpatations on and off all through peri. They are scarey, and can be very strong at times but, they are a symptom of peri/meno but my GP told me they are not dangerous as long as you`re heart is healthy. I`m in my 50`s now and the palpatations have got easier and not so often. It`s all to do with those hormones and once a womens body gets used to being without them, things should settle down.  Hope this helps. x
    • Posted

I have suffered from palpitations and mine has calm down a lot since i went on another blood pressure pill 

The palpitations were causing me more anxieties too and i was on heart monitors nothing showed up so its just the anxieties with the palpitations 

• Posted

Hi linda

Thank you so much for your reply. Mine are really bad cright now I think made worse by the aneamia.

Went to work this morning im a carer been on the sofa since I got home. Thanks for your reassuring words. Means a lot x

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Your doctor should be able to give you something for your aneamia. If it is the menopause, then things should settle down as time goes on, but if you don`t want to see your`re doctor, then just keep an eye on yourself and if you feel worse at any time, then don`t hesitate to see your GP.

Take care x 

• Posted

Hi

Was put on iron tabs but had to stop them as was upsetting my stomach. Didnt really get chance to work. Been put on another one three days ago but these ones take longer to get into the system. So im really hoping they kick in soon

Thanks again x

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I tried iron tablets but they upset my stomach aswell and gave me headaches. Hope these tablets work for you.

Take care.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.