Penis foreskin cracks during sex, peeling skin, dots and spots [documented]

Posted , 306 users are following.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your time and sorry for the long post,

I'm a healthy 29y old male and in the past 8 months I've been having some problems when having sex. Around February I've noticed some cracks on my foreskin image, at the time i didn't thought much of it, and it eventually healed up, after that, every time i had my foreskin would always crack in the same spots with the same pattern, and it started to appear even more cracks imageimage, when they happen during sex, i can clearly feel them and it stings a little, but after the act, i would clean it with lukewarm water and i would only feel an occasional sting or 2, and, along with the cracks, i also feel the area where the cracks are very very raw and sensitive to the touch, the rest of the penis is fine. In the healing process, after 1 or 2 days, my skin would feel very dry, accompanied by some peeling skin where the cracks where imageimageimage, that area of the skin, eventually they would heal up, but the skin in that area looks a bit darker than the rest image, the dryness i would fight it with some moisturizer.

In all this months I've tried some approaches to tackle this without success, i used a cleaning solution with neutral PH and no fragrances, anti candida fungal ointment, topical steroid cream, fusidic acid and also elidel, already went to 2 different dermatologists, and the problem still persists, with a down side, that now, it seems to be getting worse as some dots started to appear on the glad imageimageimageimageimage and also on the foreskin area imageimage. Along with all of the this, the redder area of the skin sometimes when is dryer it also looks shinier. I'm posting here in hope of some advice of someone who has gone through the same thing. Before all of this, i had a normal sex life with no problems whatsoever.

Best regards, Thank you,

11 likes, 536 replies

536 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I SEEM TO BE DEVELOPING A VERY SIMILAR CASE WITH THE CRACKING OF THE SKIN ALONG THE SHAFT OF MY PENIS. DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT A TREATMENT OR WHAT THE CAUSE WAS?

• Posted

Hi, up until today I'm still trying to figure out the cause, by doing several treatments and I've already gone to more than 5 different doctors (between urologists and dermatologists). So far I have been able to pin point the problem and what's causing it, but i have no permanent solution. So if i refrain from all sex related activities (intercourse, oral, etc) the cuts seem to heal up nicely, but when i take a really good look at it i can clearly see some places along the cut "lines" where the skin hasn't healed completely, looks like the top layer of the skin never grows back to completely close the cut. I've i try any sort of sexual activity the skill will tear again, starting exactly on the places the skin wasn't healed completely and start to grow if i continue the activity. I've also found that if i use a condom during intercourse, i can endure sexual encounter without any tearing, but in the places where the tearing usually happens will feel a bit raw and very sensitive to touch. After a lot of consideration and consults with several doctors we've reached the conclusion that the only way to go will be a circumcision, because in my case, even with the strongest corticosteroid ointments the skin has not shown any signs of improvement. I hope this extra info helps you, as this is a very uncomfortable situation.

• Posted

My doctor wants to test me for all sorts of sexually transmitted diseases. I have no reason to suspect ive been exposed to anything Were you tested for STI's during your process?

• Posted

hello, i have the exact same symptoms, and have no diagnosis yet, but looks like some kind of virus or fung infection, and i would add, that if the condition is repeated always in the same area, it points more to virus than fungus. Have you done the STI's test?

• Posted

Hey,

You are not alone in this fight!

Did getting the Circumcision done solve the issue?

• Edited

Hi all

I am really excited to share my journey through the same situation. I really hope you all can benefit from this as below.

Firstly, so you know I had been suffering from the exact same condition and symptoms for past 4-5 months. I went to the doctors number of times and they gave different reason each time and different treatment. recently they referred me to urology (possibly penis to be circumcised) and appointment is still far away. so when I tried to search online I came across this thread and read all of the comments. The most common reference was fungal infection. I then decided to look for all the medications I had been given in the past, I then searched online which medication was issued for fungal infection. once I found it, I along with few tips from this thread started the application of cream exact 5 days ago from today. every day twice daily(morning and night) after shower I dried up the penis and applied the anti fungal cream...rubbed it for few minutes until it completely turns into moisture. I then applied vaseline on top of it for two reasons. one as protective layer on the cream and second as a moisturiser. Guess what, I started noticing difference from the second day. Now today, after exact 5 days, the rips and dryness completely disappeared. I am thinking stop the medication from tomorrow. In case anyone wondered, I still managed to have sex (without condom) regularly these past five days and vaseline has helped a lot.

oh I forgot to mention, in past 5 months It appeared whenever I used durex condoms it made the conditions worse. so dont use latex condoms.

• Edited

i second this basically exactly the same recovery just come beck from kinky weekend away with wife and i forgot how good sex felt prior to the problem, but the antifungal cream seems is the cure i mean i shower everyday before work and still got it but as mandy see the differance in 2 days only i didnt use the vasoline but could be a good extra

• Posted

Hello! Thanks for sharing. Do you have new insights?

I'm dealing with a similar situation. Would you mind sharing the name of the products you used?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited

after 5 days of regular treatment , I have now stopped using the anti fungal cream. I had sex and no more crack anymore. I am so relieved that it has finally disappeared. here is the cream I used image

• Edited

I am seeing a lot of these posts. I would hope the scientists and doctors would want to find out what this is. Money needs to be used and researchh needs to be done. Every ER or Dr. office should be aware of rare and new diseases. Anything that falls under this category will say unknown, needs to be tested with skin, hair, blood, urine, and discharge. We should not need 7-8 dr visits to try and figure it out. Improve our health Care ! Patients should also be advised about, being over treated, at the cost of funding that is trying to be ahead of the curve. This needs to be in the ER so Dr. or patients dont have to worry about billing in unique circumstances

• Posted

hi, sorry what was the cream you used? ive told my gp four times and no success treating it and it seems to be getting worse, for 2 or 3 days after sex if foreskin stretches it has tiny little tears. and takes a few days to heal. i really dont want to have a circumcision and thats all my doc is suggesting now.

• Posted

circumcision will help if its removing the affected area, Nd it lets it breathe better. circumcision will work if removing the skin that has the issue. its possible u have it, but circumcision can work

• Posted

man! I'm glad I found this site but sucks that there hasn't been better research done on this problem. I've had it since August of last year. I thought it was friction related from masturbating dry. it happened after having sex with a girl a few months after my long term GF and I broke up. I never noticed it until after sex, but since then it set up shop and isn't going away! I'm using lotrimin ultra, but no change yet. going to call a dermatologist to see what they may know about it. anyone get an actual diagnosis yet??

• Posted

I'm having the same issue. What did your dermatologist say about it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.