Penis foreskin cracks during sex, peeling skin, dots and spots [documented]

Posted , 306 users are following.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your time and sorry for the long post,

I'm a healthy 29y old male and in the past 8 months I've been having some problems when having sex. Around February I've noticed some cracks on my foreskin image, at the time i didn't thought much of it, and it eventually healed up, after that, every time i had my foreskin would always crack in the same spots with the same pattern, and it started to appear even more cracks imageimage, when they happen during sex, i can clearly feel them and it stings a little, but after the act, i would clean it with lukewarm water and i would only feel an occasional sting or 2, and, along with the cracks, i also feel the area where the cracks are very very raw and sensitive to the touch, the rest of the penis is fine. In the healing process, after 1 or 2 days, my skin would feel very dry, accompanied by some peeling skin where the cracks where imageimageimage, that area of the skin, eventually they would heal up, but the skin in that area looks a bit darker than the rest image, the dryness i would fight it with some moisturizer.

In all this months I've tried some approaches to tackle this without success, i used a cleaning solution with neutral PH and no fragrances, anti candida fungal ointment, topical steroid cream, fusidic acid and also elidel, already went to 2 different dermatologists, and the problem still persists, with a down side, that now, it seems to be getting worse as some dots started to appear on the glad imageimageimageimageimage and also on the foreskin area imageimage. Along with all of the this, the redder area of the skin sometimes when is dryer it also looks shinier. I'm posting here in hope of some advice of someone who has gone through the same thing. Before all of this, i had a normal sex life with no problems whatsoever.

Best regards, Thank you,

11 likes, 536 replies

536 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I am experiencing the exact, same symptoms (53yr old) and following this post closely. Aside from the prescribed ointments and lotions, do the dermatologists you've seen actually diagnose the condition or do they just scratch their head as if they're never seen anything like it?

• Edited

So far there was no actual diagnosis, because i already did all possible treatments for the array of compatible conditions possible with these symptoms and none of those have shown any considerable improvements on the condition. At this point we think that the skin got a great deal of damage from the successive tearing (but luckily I have no signs of phimosis) that it got permanent damage on some usual tearing areas, and it will never get better, so the best thing to do to regain a normal sexual life is to do a circumcision and remove the damaged skin area. All the doctors say that they never encountered such condition, but usually under some conditions where the skin tends to tear up by it self (without needing and sexual contact) the only way to solve it is to remove the damaged skin, and also from some medical studies I've read the success rate is very high, so we have decided to go with the procedure.

• Posted

Glad you're getting things taken care of. I was hoping for a better explanation at some point as i'm already circumsized so thats obviously not an option for me. I continue to have the tearing and it heals by itself in a couple days.

• Posted

in your case i would consider a biopsy to the tissue to see what it could be. Have you already tried any treatments?

• Posted

I'd like to know, since there are a number of people now in this thread with the same symptoms, has anyone had heavy contact with latex products, either latex condoms or sex toys? I'm having slightly similar issues and I feel like a lot of it was due to latex contact, anyone else?

• Posted

we've all been following your story, friend. We all have or had chronic issues like you (myself included). I just want to say thank you for your story and the years of updates.

I consider myself lucky insofar that i found a combination of antifungal cream and antibacterial ointment together seems to help my issue but in actuality having to treat my penis every day for probably the rest of my life isn't all that lucky lol.

I know this is kind of weird because we only met in this forum but i want to take a moment for your foreskin, brother.

All of the doctors in my area (except for 1 but he ended up being no help either) wanted to circumcise without exploring my problem and at 1 point i considered it. I spent a whole month mourning my foreskin before deciding I would just live with my issue.

If this isn't too weird, I would like us all to take a moment of appreciation for you. I would also like to take a moment for your foreskin. It's been years of struggle and you tried everything. We all know that circumcision wasn't an easy or favourable decision.

We (or at least I) will be here if you need any support.

We all hope this procedure removes the problem you've been having.

I'm sure we would all like to be updated (if you wanted to continue updating us); especially on your mental and emotional well-being.

Take care, brother

• Edited

i don't know why ur so against getting circumcised it the absolute solution for your problem it may reduce your sensitivity knowing that an uncircumcised one is more sensitive than a circumcised penis,

meaning that so you can experience more pleasure during sex .. so what?!? i think its a small sacrifice you can absolutely make in order to get rid of this problem, don't you?

try and focus on the bright side that is you wont get any potential complications that you might get concerning your skin down there

it also lowers the risk of developing penile cancer, foreskin infections, and phimosis or any other retracting of the foreskin's problems

im not against using all types of medications but as youve said you ve obviously used every trick in the book for me if things came down to it i would take it any day...try and think about it even as " a last solution" type of thinking you know😕

hopefully you wont need it in the end.. good luck !!💪

• Edited

Indeed circumcision in my case will (i hope) be the solution. But it is always a last resort when everything else fails.

Also you can see from answers of other users that they are experiencing the same symptoms even tho they have already undergone circumcision. We all now that every case is different from the other, but this condition, as far as i can tell, must be related with the weakening of the skin, when it can't fully heal the cuts and it will always rip on those exact spots

• Posted

Hey guys,

I have this exact condition below my glans. I can tell you that when I experience the cracks after intercourse/other sexual activities, I apply polysporin and it speeds up the healing to about a day. I have used polysporin now for about 2 months and it has also noticeably decreased the amount of cracking that I used to get. Obviously it hasn't eliminated the issue by any means but it certainly has provided me relief until I can get a more permanent solution.

• Posted

Hi. Does it look like the cuts i've shown on the photos on the original post? Thanks in advance. I'm already searching for a similar product in my country, When you say you've been applying it for 2 months, are you using it every day, or just after you engage in sexual activities. Thanks in advance

• Posted

Yes the cuts look the same, although I can't tell exactly where your cuts are because the pictures are zoomed in. I have been apply the polysporin after sex for the following few days. Polysporin is thick enough that it will last for the entire day or until you bathe.

• Posted

Also to answer your question more specifically, I'm 30 years old and I've been using the polysporin on and off for two months. I'm currently single so sex for me is on and off 😃 Also are the majority of men here uncircumcised? I don't remember ever having this issue when I was younger so I'm not sure what's changed in the last year. I'm thinking that maybe I had sustained a few cuts from rougher sex at some point and they just never fully healed, perhaps maybe they infected the nearby skin. I'm wondering if circumcision would work for me, as I don't know if the location of the cuts are in the same area as the skin they generally remove during the surgery.

• Posted

my cuts are located on the shaft right bellow the glans.

• Posted

We are about the same age, 1 year gap. The number of men that undergone circumcision varies from country to country or even from communities within a country, as it is a procedure that is made sometimes related to religion, other places its advised to do in order to prevent infections and possible appearance of diseases. But what you're saying about the origin of the problem ("... I'm thinking that maybe I had sustained a few cuts from rougher sex at some point and they just never fully healed...") makes sense to me, and i had also been thinking about that lately. If the skin area you have affected by this problem is in the skin part that folds (prepuce), like in my case, then yes, circumcision should do the trick, but my advice is to visit an urologist and dermatologist and try to sort the problem without having to undergo a circumcision, as it should be a last resort treatment, and also, as pointed out by another user, he has been having a similar issue and has already been circumcised.

• Posted

I am circumsized and I have this exact issue going on. I am hoping you find a solution and share it with us. goodluck.

• Posted

Hello All,

First of all, what the f*ck is wrong with this text box?

I'm 29 year old, circumsized, exact same issues.

Have not had it biopsied because it is very intermittent and seems to occur with no particular trigger. Then goes away relatively quickly.

Recently after sex I had particularly large tears and freaked out.

In any case I've been dabbing a little bit of puriya "mother of all creams" on in the morning and the tear healed quickly, haven't had any dry skin or tearing since despite getting my sex life going again.

Pretty cheap on Amazon, so seems like it's worth a try. Good luck out there!

• Edited

also want to thank op for the pictures of his dick. helps me feel like im not alone a freak with randomly dry dick skin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.