Penis foreskin cracks during sex, peeling skin, dots and spots [documented]

Posted , 306 users are following.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your time and sorry for the long post,

I'm a healthy 29y old male and in the past 8 months I've been having some problems when having sex. Around February I've noticed some cracks on my foreskin image, at the time i didn't thought much of it, and it eventually healed up, after that, every time i had my foreskin would always crack in the same spots with the same pattern, and it started to appear even more cracks imageimage, when they happen during sex, i can clearly feel them and it stings a little, but after the act, i would clean it with lukewarm water and i would only feel an occasional sting or 2, and, along with the cracks, i also feel the area where the cracks are very very raw and sensitive to the touch, the rest of the penis is fine. In the healing process, after 1 or 2 days, my skin would feel very dry, accompanied by some peeling skin where the cracks where imageimageimage, that area of the skin, eventually they would heal up, but the skin in that area looks a bit darker than the rest image, the dryness i would fight it with some moisturizer.

In all this months I've tried some approaches to tackle this without success, i used a cleaning solution with neutral PH and no fragrances, anti candida fungal ointment, topical steroid cream, fusidic acid and also elidel, already went to 2 different dermatologists, and the problem still persists, with a down side, that now, it seems to be getting worse as some dots started to appear on the glad imageimageimageimageimage and also on the foreskin area imageimage. Along with all of the this, the redder area of the skin sometimes when is dryer it also looks shinier. I'm posting here in hope of some advice of someone who has gone through the same thing. Before all of this, i had a normal sex life with no problems whatsoever.

Best regards, Thank you,

11 likes, 536 replies

536 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm in the same situation. Same symptoms, tried the same things. I thought it was fungal and still could be. I've tried creams and pills and even steroids. I've done blood work and all negative .

I've been living with this for a few years now. I'm frustrated and embarrassed.

I've tried using all types of condoms and tried without. I've even abstained from sex for at least 6 months and nothing changed. It isn't caused by sex but sex irritates it.

I have been married for 15 years and we are loyal to each other. I still think it is fungal (possibly yeast) and some fungal infections are very hard to cure.

Please, if you find an answer let me know. I'm tired of dealing with it and just want to be normal again.

• Edited

I went to my family doctor last week, he said he's seen this condition many times before and prescribed me Fucidin H cream (Fusidic acid 2% Hydrocortisone acetate 1%). I'm supposed to apply it twice a day for 2 weeks so we'll see if there's any progress.

I feel like this is a common condition however this group is amongst the ones that have difficulties in eliminating it completely. I don't think it's beyond the realm of modern medicine to cure despite how frustrating it is. It's also possible that the fix might be different for all of us so let's keep posting what we've tried so others know what might work for them.

• Posted

My situation is almost (I may even say exactly) same as J0P1315 and I am 42, all this happening since a year or 18 months, until then everything was normal. I was given Fucidic cream by my dermatologist in India and that used to heal the scars (more of temporary relief) but as J0P1315 mentioned, I see these scars repeatedly even when I do not participate in sex. Initially I used to observe them only when i was involved in sex, but now a days I started to have them almost permanent. These scars does not discomfort me unless I touch them or participate in sex. Even during sex the pain is bearable. I am now in Canada and the Urologist suggested me to undergo circumcision, but I am not confident if that was the right diagnosis. I am still unsure of root cause. I am very concerned about the condition

• Posted

I have been circumcised since birth. I am 36 now and have had this condition for a few years. I would like to have a vasectomy but iI need this cured first .

• Edited

What I am still confused is who should be the right expert to treat this problem? Dermatologist ? or Urologist ?. Of course I consulted both but did not find any remedy for this issue. I am planning to visit the Urologist once again in a weeks time. But I am not sure what should I speak except repeating the same issue again. Dermatologist said fungal infection and treated with the steroid cream and fungal creams, Urologist said tight frenulum which requires frenuloplasty which is nothing but circumcision.

Whom are you consulting for this problem ? Urologist or Dermatologist ? Does the doctor aware that there are many patients like us who has been treated for exact same problem in different ways with different medicine ?

• Posted

Andrew - Did you get the Biopsy done? what did the results say? Is there anyone else who got the biopsy done but still the issue persisting even after the results being negative ?

• Posted

I have not had a biopsy done, and I'm not yet at that stage. I've only been to my family doctor so far. Has anyone in this thread had a biopsy? If not can someone get one lol

• Edited

I have the same exact issue, for 6 months now. Been to 3 urologists and 3 dermatologists. The dermatologists suggest fungal approach that didn't seem to be curative, and the urologists are split between autoimmune response that requires a biopsy to diagnose and a circumcision. Very very curious to hear how your progress keeps up. Please keep updated. Question is will a circumcision be curative, and is removing the scarred skin the correct Procedure?

• Posted

i would just try something simple like apple cider vinegar as many times perday as possible, or tea tree oil. whether its fungal or bacterial, this should help. liquid silver, zinc cream, are good for bacteria also and probably fungal. i have no doubt it's one or the other or both.

• Posted

So nobody here has had a biopsy? Anybody holding off for any reason?

• Posted

It's definitely a fungal infection!

I had a breakout last year when I had an Influenza as I have now again 😦

The fungal infection started in the groin, gone over to my balls and now I have same cracks on the tip of my foreskin (for me they hurt very badly). I also had a few red spots on my glad, too.

Last time it gone away after two weeks, hopefully now again ^^

Last time I used something with Terbinafin, now I'm using Nystatin. Hopefully will help.

You shouldn't have sex with such infection, as it is highly contagious!

You should also often change your clothes, towels and bed linen. Also wash them at 60°C with a special anti-fungus detergent to avoid a recontamination!

• Edited

crazy, a simple google search of what i have been Experiencing for the last couple weeks brings this post up. the pictures are identical to what i have been experiencing. Cracking/small little cuts. this started two weeks ago with me. i am healthy (as far as i know). 39 years old, no std's, circumcised, wash with DOVE soap, have had a long term girlfriend with no outside sexual partners. at first i thought i had washed too hard with a wash cloth. dry, almost burnt feeling skin ( chapped feeling). kinda like the after effects of a sun burn. i use moisturizer to combat this and gently Remove the dead skin if need be while showering. like other responses, it seems to heal up and be fine until I engage in some type of sexual activity. looks like i need to go to the doctor. very odd that all of a sudden many of us are experiencing this. I’m not sure if this matters, but I live in Western Washington state. Maybe we can come up with an answer to all of this. Following

• Posted

I also live in Western Washington I've had this condition for 7 years now. This condition started for me after unprotected sex ( the girl was on her period which she did not tell me..) I got a full STD screening and everything came back clear. I've been to Urologist's and Dermatologist's numerous times now and everyone seems to think & agree its Zoon Balanitis.. and if the creams don't work then circumcision is likely the best option. I've used all sorts of creams including hydrocortisone 2.5 % , ketoconazole 2 %, Tacrolimus 0.03 % , Clotrimazole 1%, & even out of desperation tried Gotucream bought off Amazon. Everyday I experience peeling of the foreskin 2-3 times a day and some itchiness ( some days worse then others). I wake up around 6AM retract the foreskin and I see a layer of what looks like dead skin. I have to wash it off with warm water and plenty of it or else the skin will rip, it feels raw every time unless I add plenty of water as mentioned. After I come back from work around 3-4 pm I'll have a new layer of dead skin which I have to again clean off with warm water. The peeling seems to have gotten worse throughout the years. I don't remember it being as bad at it has been the past couple years so I'm not sure if that's a result of creams or what, maybe the foreskin is damaged now. Btw does anyone else experience this type of peeling?

• Posted

same issues.went to doctor. Prescribed bacterial and viral ointments. still flares up after getting better. Now I fear foreskin Is too damaged with scar tissue so will be scheduling a curcumcision. just wondering if Diet or environment have anything to do with it though?I also noticed a significant change in my body odour and my perspiration as of late. have to say I am not a healthy eater but starting to change that. my more frequent meals are at McDonald’s and I drink excessive amounts of Diet Coke. Also, our home is on well water. anyone else care to share?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.