Penis head is wrinkly and appears irritated

Posted , 37 users are following.

I wash twice a day, am sexually active however it has been like this for as long as I can remember.

Head looks wrinkly and irritated. Is not sensitive to touch however develops odour. White bumps around rim. 

See attached photo 

7 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Any body help me i have balanities before six month eating medicine but no improvment

• Posted

I have the EXACT same symptoms, see my thread. Any follow up ?

• Posted

hi ,

i got the exact same issue....

red patch

please please please help

• Posted

ive been having this issue for a few years already. I was told i have ghsv1 but doctors dont know what is causing this. Ive been on antifungal for the passed 3 months and its not working. Im begining to think it had something to do with a job i did in which i was covered with dirt since this issue started right after.

• Posted

Anyone solve this by something other than antifungal, antibiotic or steroid creams? Tried all these to no avail

• Edited

Hey guys, I posted on this thread 14 months ago that I had the same symptoms and figured out I had a prostate infection and thought that I solved my issues. Turns out it was only one of 2 issues and the other issue cleared up all of these other problems for me. The great news is that everything is now back to normal completely. No more urination frequency, dry irritated glans, saggy wrinkled skin, loss of sensation, loss of sex drive, what appeared as grooves in the glans. All finally cleared up. And after roughly 7 years I figured out that I was irritating my Pudendal Nerve several times daily. Every time I had sex, I would "squeeze out" the remaining semen from the tract of my penis starting from behind my testes all the way to the tip. I did the same thing after I peed out of habit. In doing this, I aggravated the nerve which has 2 other branches of nerves: The Dorsal Nerve, which regulates the penis, and The Perennial Nerve which regulates the anus. The Dorsal Nerve being irritated throws EVERYTHING off. After finding this information and thinking I have probably been irritating the nerve, I stopped the behavior and constantly felt like a low hum (like a tingly electrical sensation) in my urinary tract which made me think it must be something else. I decided I'd give it at least a month and continued to dig for info when I search for the symptoms of a recovering Pudendal nerve and found it being described as a tingly sensation in the perineum. As you can imagine after 7 years of hell I was excited that I just may have figured it out. I can honestly say that after only 2 months of making sure not to mess with the urinary tract that I am 100% back to normal. Everything. No joke. I sincerely hope I can help you guys and y'all can get your lives back. I know how much it sucks.

• Posted

very very difficult to ps off the PN unless you are a bike rider or overweight. I have had injections in the nerve no help. I am glad you found your answer. Other items to ps off dorsal nerve would be penile suspensory ligament.

• Edited

Please note that I'm not a health professional.

I also have the same situation. When it starts to irritate, it hurts so bad with a bit of inflammation (I can see and feel that my penis is tightening). Usually the irritation comes after doing sex or masturbation.

It started 6 months ago (Oct 2020) when I had sex, with a condom on but it broke and kind of hurts my penis, especially on the tip, glans, and the shaft just beneath the glans (I'm circumcised). It wasn't that bad at first, just a bit of irritation, like normally I'd get after masturbation. Some days later, I can feel tingling and cold sensation on the tip of my penis. It felt really cold especially when I was sitting. Then like a couple of weeks after that, I masturbated and developed severe pain in my penis. I thought it was urethritis because I can feel the most pain in the tip of the urethral opening. I believed it was STI.

I went to the hospital and taken many kinds of Antibiotics and was also prescribed Valacyclovir (was tested positive for HSV-1). So I thought the cause was successfully eliminated, but at this time I realize the skin change with wrinkles on my glans and felt more sensitive than usual. So I applied Ketoconazole Topical (for yeast infection), Hydrocortisone (for the inflammation), Acyclovir Topical (for HSV-1, although no sores was developed), Bethasone-N cream (for bacterial) and Permethrin Topical (to rule out scabies or pubic lice). I was abstain from sex and masturbation for about 2 months (Dec 2020 - Jan 2021) and it was getting better.

So I was relieved that the pain is gone, and starting to have sex and masturbate again. Last week I started to feel the irritation coming back, feels exactly the same as 6 months ago. The skin texture on my penis is still wrinkled and inflamed again. This time I change the Ketoconazole with Clotrimazole Topical (thought it was some kind of strong or rare kind of yeast which can't be killed by Ketoconazole) and applied with Hydrocortisone. One week passed and no improvement on the inflammation, it still hurts and uncomfortable.

Finally I realized that this is a problem on the skin, not from the inside (I hope), because my urination was normal and nothing was wrong with my bladder. Though sometimes my urine could be smelly and cloudy, which is a sign of UTI (cleared as soon as treated with antibiotics, like Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, or even Amoxicillin).

I found this thread and read other forums, someone said about applying Aquaphor. Then I realized I have Vaseline Repairing Jelly. Tried to applied that on my whole penis, and suddenly the pain is gone! I even masturbated directly, lol.

This is what I believe is happening, I assume the outer most layer of the penis glans was peeled when there was an injury. It tried to heal itself but disrupted by several factors (rubbing onto the underwear, moisture from sweat, common bacterial and yeast, bathing, dryness, etc.) so it needs something thick to layer it while it's healing. Well, at least that's what I'm doing right now, and I hope that my penis can get back to normal again, lol. So try to layer your glans with very thick repairing jelly, it should be commonly sold in pharmacy. Fingers crossed!

• Edited

UPDATE

I applied Repairing Jelly for a week now. It could somehow reduce the pain, but I realized that my penis was in pain because it is constantly tensed up. Googled it and found about Hard Flaccid Syndrome. I think the stress I had because of the suspected STI, cause my Pelvic Floor Muscle to contract and causing HF. Maybe the stress and HF was triggering each others and created vicious cycles of symptoms. I tried to take Eperisone HCl and the pain is gone now. Turns out my symptoms matched HF: no morning wood, difficulty maintaining erection, tensed up all the time, pain, sensory changes, tensed bladder, urinary problems, etc.

I'm still waiting if it'll come back if I stop taking Eperisone, and still researching if the cause was only stress or any other causes like infection. My psychological distress is getting better now.

• Posted

Hi!

I'm having a similar situation, and I never heard about the HF syndrome. But it seems that my situation is very very similar to yours. I've noticed that my penis is having a strange situation going on. It's about two years that I'm having troubles with my penis and I've been to 9 doctors with basically no solution and most important NO DIAGNOSIS. I've had some skin changes in my penis, just dryness of the skin. I had think about several pathology of the skin, like lichen, psoriasis and other troubles, but I've noticed a lot of other strange symptoms, and searching around, you are the only one that quote about a syndrome very strange but that match with my other slight symptoms. Usually my penis is just dry, have no pain, sore, itching or anything else. This came after a rough session of continuative masturbation, after an already present irritation due to a previous balanitis.

When I touch my penis I feel:

• Dry skin on penis and foreskin (with no sore, pain, itching or anything)
      • Sensation of hard penis when flaccid
      • Pain during ejaculation inside the urethra
      • Soft glans during erection or not full erected glans
      • Lost sensation of the glans, both flaccid and erected.

So the problem of this syndrome seems related to Pudendal Nerve and Pelvic Floor.

This could be related to hard masturbation too.

Please if you can, could u tell me more about this situation? Cause I would solve it.

Thanks so much, maybe, thanks to you, I've found a way to follow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.