perimenopause internal tremor

Posted , 131 users are following.

Hi Ladies

Please help. Anyone experienced this internal tremor vibration?

Almost like when your cold. Really hard to explain. Ive had it on and off in peri but my health anxiety tells me its something serious. Im on 15mg of mirtazapine an AD but I want to come off it cause I kerp thinking mayb its a side effect. But just thinking about withdrawal of this med is making me anxious as well. When im busy I dont notice Iit. I notice Iit more when Iim sitsitting still. X

13 likes, 254 replies

254 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I have been having this vibrating feeling inside. Weird almost like my blood is shaking. I describe it like my phone is in my pocket on vibrate. Constantly going off. Is this what you mean? I didn't know it was part of menopause

• Posted

Yes, internal vibrating feeling is often described that having your cell on vibrate in your pocket. 

For me it's not always the same strength or frequency. Sometimes it's a slight purr other times it's an internal shake with a pulse like rhythm. Sometimes it's my chest/left arm other times it radiates down to my left leg as well. It feels likes its coming from inside and radiating outward. For me I sleep fine until around 2 am then I feel the symptom lasting 30 seconds it stops, then repeats again every hour until I finally wake for the day.  Other times it happens just once when I wake up in the morning. Although when it first started, I was full of anxiety not knowing what it was, it happened all day/night throughout my entire body. Adding anxiety to it makes it 10 times worse.

Many woman descibe this feeling during peri. I've also read a couple young women post the same feeling after stopping birth control or other long term hormonal contraceptives. Their symptoms seem to have been temporary as their body adjusted to the change.

I hope that description helps.  I know it's an odd and disturbing feeling!

• Posted

Thanks!!! I've had this feeling for almost a year now. But did not think I was in peri. I had no other issues. I mean body aches and pains but who doesn't have those. Just recently I've had numerous issues which they though was pneumonia. Then escaladed to this rage of some sort. They did not know what it is called it an allergic immune response. But I had hormones levels drawn and they showed pre menopause. My cycle was off during these two months both late and short but I thought it was because so was "sick". Well I haven't gotten one since February 28. I'm 44. My mom had hysterectomy and my grandmother went through at 44.

Here's my other symptoms. First off I had this two week period I called a rage and I had facial flushing. High BP. Palpitations. High heart rate. Hot flashes. Dizzy. Felt faint. Felt brain fog. Freezing hands feet. Tingling hands feet. Tinfly lils. Runny nose. No appetite. Severe anxiety.

The high BP stuck with me I've never had it before and now I'm on two meds. I also get all these weird feelings inside. Like squeezing in skin or muscles. Like pinching. It's weird. And I get these cool sensations like someone pouring cool water down my back and it's flowing through me. Burning skin feeling. itchy skin. Tremors. Shaky. Also feel like my skin is wet and it's not. Now I am not in a rage but I do have these symptoms randomly here and there but not this huge rage that I had in January. Does any of this sound menopause? I have appointment with OB Thursday. Thanks.

• Edited

I can only share with your what I'm experiencing or  heard others explain. It's alway best to see your GP or GYN for advice instead of dr. google.  Dr. google often creates more anxiety! smile If you have further concerns after seeing your doctor remember you know your body best and it's okay to seek a second opinion.

That said, I've heard others post similiar issues when going through peri/menopause. For me; I've had hair thinning, dry skin, weight gain around my waist area, sleep changes, hot flashes, zapping/buzzing feelings under my skin, and internal shaking/vibrating.  Nothing raised my attenion until the internal shaking started. That freaked me out when it first happened. 

• Posted

I actually have seen her Twix editing this and we just figured my cycle was off for being sick and hoping it would get back in track and since it hasn't I am seeing her Thursday. Just looking for other experiences. Just like the vibrating I have been looking for someone experiencing that and this was the first I seen of it. It's nice to hear what others have experienced because we can support each other. Thanks!!!

• Edited

Oh yeah my hair has been getting thin for a while. And unnoticed about 2 years ago I developed this wave in my straight hair lol. And yes weight gain like I have a tire around belly
    • Posted

Lisa I talked to a compounding pharmacist and she told me she had the inner shaking feeling. She already had anxiety issues, but they get worse with peri menopause. Mine are horrible. I'm starting on a low dose of progesterone cream and estriol I think is how it's spelled. It's not estrogen, it's used for vaginal dryness also.

• Posted

Wisconsin I have bad anxiety because the antidepressant I was on stopped working. I've been on it for so long I can't get off of it. I'm on clonazepam, unfortunately and it's really not helping. I had my hormones checked via saliva and blood spot testing and I'm estrogen dominant. She said she it wasn't bad, but I needed progesterone to balance it out. I'm starting the natural HRT. I get the the inner feeling of nervousness also. When you would walk around or do something would it seem like it was worse? I can't stand to sit still when it gets really bad. So does this HRT make you have withdrawals when you come off of it? I know you said something about birth control pills. Did you ever take anything? I wake up around 4 or 5 am every morning and I've developed gastritis and a lot of times I'm burning when I wake up so I have to get something to eat. I have nausea about everyday. I woke up like this one morning in 2015 and it's not gotten better. I did start noticing some anxiety even with my meds, but didn't pay it any mind.

• Edited

I also have high cortisol levels and I get tension head and neck aches.
    • Posted

I considered hrt but never tried. I've heard some say it worked great and then other say they couldn't find the right balance.  I suppose everyone's body is different so you just have to try and see.

• Posted

Hi Lisa very much so I had these symptoms I feel cold right up to my head like somebody throw cold water over me Lol burning skin I had still have itchy skin, if I don't get something to eat when I should it set off my Palpatations and make me feel funny all this is to do with our crazy hormones, compare to how I was to how iam now I'm Better but I wouldn't talk to hard They have a funny way of returning and scarying you again,I determine to beat it at its game being through it to long now till let it control me.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

See my reply to nieciepoo?.... I so get all you are saying as I have experiences similar. When its all new it very scary.

?Ck

• Posted

Hi Wisconsin, I'm all the way over in Cambridge, England.

I read your posts from a year ago and wondered if you'd managed to put your information together? I found what you had to say about internal buzzing and also anxiety very helpful.

• Edited

exactly same feeling here, going on month 4. feel so much better reading all of these posts tho!

• Posted

does your high cortisol causes heart thumping / heart palpitations?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.