Please help is this perimenopause ?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi there

I am 48 and having really horrible frightening symptoms cold feet and hands cold flushes extreme butterfly feeling in top part of abdomen that makes me feel suddenly weak and faint I also have weak arms and legs sometimes this comes on suddenly. I have dry mouth severe exhaustion I get sudden shaky feeling inside horrible upset stomach's anxiety and full blown panic attacks. I'm so sick of feeling like this especially the sudden weak feeling and horrendous feeling's of butterflies that are so severe that I just can't handle it.

I have had all my bloods checked a few weeks ago which were all OK fsh levels 3.2. My symptoms are worse before my period and when it's finishing.

Please tell me this is all normal and I'm not going mad or dying.

xxxx

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I could of wrote this! I get everything you described and more! I hate the weak ARMS & LEG feeling with a passion I get them MOST time together and can last all day and for days! The internal shakes as well makes me so scared feeling! The rest I can handle per say except the off balance and dizziness! Right now my insomnia has gotten MUCH worse for days and days in a row!

• Posted

HI what's your age please, how long have you had internal vibrations, are you on any medication at all,

• Posted

I'm 62 and had the internal vibrations all through premeno I am now post and still get them off and on BUT still get the weak feeling in both arms and legs!

• Edited

oh forgot to say I am on NO medication!

• Posted

Hi Carol

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me I really appreciate it.

Sorry your suffering too and yes it is so scary I wish there was some relief.

One of the other ladies suggested walking more which I'm going to try even though I feel burnt out I'm going to push myself maybe the fresh air will help.

Have you found anything that's helped?

xxxx

• Posted

I do walk but up and down my hallway since this China Virus, Some days are better than others but I think until our bodies are TOTALLY done with the extreme low drop in hormones it will take some time, I was even told whenever you are completely meno (and thats not the case of 12 months no period thats a joke ) I thought I was meno and two years of NO period two years later I woke up flooding yes had all test and biospies and the blood work showed I wasn't even meno like I had thought all those two years of NO bleeding! ANY way whenever it is all totally done and you are in TRUE MENO then after that it takes another 3 years for your body to get use to the extreme low levels of hormones. Shoot permeno last's at least 10 YEARS! and its NOT over there!

• Posted

Also I meant to mention that I have this feeling of weakness in my hands . I feel like Im not going to be able to pick things up or do things with my hands but I can . it's a really weird feeling . I've convinced my self I have some terrible disease.

• Posted

I do have the same symptoms and its so scary when it happens, it kind of starts in my legs and all of a sudden I feel so weak and in need of deep breaths. it started around 3 weeks back and intensity has reduced now though I still get these "attacks "

• Posted

Hi Priya

It is awful isn't it.

I'm glad your attacks aren't as bad though hopefully this continues.

I just wish I didn't feel so unwell all the time .

xxxx

• Posted

Hi Marcia

i'm 54 have missed a few periods in the last year and genuinely feel i must be dying of some dreaful illness as i cant believe being a middle aged woman can be this traumatic !

i have all of your symptoms , and my most recent one is a really dry sore throat ,

it comes on when a period is due .

Anyone else get this ?

Anxiety is very high daily and i feel this will lead to a heart attack , making Anxiety even worse .

Helllpppppppp

• Posted

HI Denise

it's awful isn't it .

I'm so sorry you are going through this too. I wish I had the answers on how to get through it smoothly without all this anxiety.

The anxiety is the worst for me and the awful weak feeling I get .Also I get the drop in blood sugar that just happens and makes me feel awful . I'm going to try more walking to see if that will help .

Do you do any excersie at all ?

I do yoga most days and I don't feel it helps or maybe I'd be a lot worse if I didn't that's a scary thought.

I'm now not just getting cold hands and feet but burning toes and fingers when I'm warmed up.

At least we can help each other and we are not alone .

xxxx

• Posted

Hi Marcia

thanks for replying to me !

I will walk more (if we are allowed to ),

I hope we all feel better when the sun shines x

• Posted

What is yoga ? What is best for my age 62 I mean yoga vs exercise are they the same?

I walk up and down my hallway at home over and over. I have bad back and legs and when my back goes out and it has already like 3 times this year and let me tell you it is SCREAMING pain for 6 weeks! I have dealt with LOW blood sugar since the birth of my 3rd son and last daughter was born and thats how I got so FAT, because of eating out of pure fear of it dropping I mean my jaws would shake, my hands, so bad I could not even hold a glass of juice to drink and if not got help would of passed out which one day I was starting to pass out when ambulance was called. I am trying to keep moving I just have to be-careful on which way I move , how often and how fast does yoga make you bend in ways I most likely can't get in that type of position, don't laugh at me but I always thought yoga was sitting with out cross arms and clearing mind to an empty state of thinking!

• Posted

Hi Carol

yoga is great but at the moment it's really not helping my anxiety.

There are thousands of videos of yoga classes on you tube you can take a look at.I recommend yoga with Adrian if you type that into you tube you will see hundreds of her videos. I do it most days and has really changed my shape for the better but it's not helping with these symptoms.

Today I now feel I have another bladder infection which I felt I had 3 weeks ago and got antibiotics from Doc for but turns out from lab result no infection. so now I'm worried why I have all this bladder pressure again . Peri symptom? who knows.

When does it all get better xxxx

• Posted

Hi again Marcia

do you still have periods ?

i have pressure in my bladder , it seems to be when a period is due.

It happens whether i have a period or dont .

I think its just another sympton of perimenopsuse

• Posted

Hi Denise

yes I still have regular periods .

It's a awful feeling like I need to pee all the time and like a heavy feeling of pressure.

Hate this peri business.

xxxxx

• Posted

It's interesting about the bladder, I have had this on and off for four years, it was one of my first peri symptoms, it seems I get it right before my period or ovulation. The gynocologist said that is the times things swell due to hormone changes, so it would put pressure on the bladder, none the less it is uncomfortable, it can even bring on a weird sensation in my belly button like someone is poking it like nerve sensation.It is bizzare and it always leaves me guessing what's this now?

• Posted

Hi

yes that what i thought .

I think i have had every sympton on the list !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.