Post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 25 users are following.

Help! I'm 57 and have not had a period in 3 years. I had a yeast infection I believe for one week. Itchy like crazy and then yesterday started spotting. Light pinkish. Still happening today. I've been googling the subject to death and am convinced I have cancer. Seeing GP next week. Has this happened to anyone. ??

1 like, 220 replies

220 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well woke up this morning. Thankfully I slept. My discharge is almost watery now. But it's there. One more day of waiting. Sorry I am driving everyone crazy. Not sure whom else or where else to talk about my worries

• Posted

Sorry you're going through this. It's good you're getting it checkout out but thankfully, for many women, it's nothing serious. It could just be vaginal atrophy. The loss of estrogen sets us up for thinning of vaginal tissues which can cause spotting. It also changes vaginal flora which can cause various types of vaginal infections. Other benign conditions that can cause post-meno bleeding are sporadic ovarian activity and fibroids. Let us know how your appointment goes. Hoping it's nothing serious!

• Posted

I will let everyone know what happens today. Thank you everyone for the kind words and support.
  • Posted

Hi , had the same problem about two months ago had all the tests and no problems only yeast infection , I'm same age as you so maybe meno causing everything , that's what I was told in the end .

hope you have found things out now . 

• Posted

Well I survived the day
    • Posted

Sorry and don't take offense, but you had over a hundred replies from all the women here from the past week, and today was the day you finally got to see the doc and you write: you survived the day? You had a lot of support and you should prob elaborate a little. Lol

• Posted

Colleen , I agree! Gyln whats the update on your doctor's report we been waiting all day and now night for an updatet. Don't make us worry even more about you,  I hope all was well! We share all this with each other  because we care and NEED each other. :-)

• Posted

My apologies for not saying much yesterday. I literally had a melt down at the doctors office. Haven't cried so much in years. I have been having trouble with my phone too and my responses aren't popping up when someone replies. I cherish everyone and thank you all for your support. My doctor did manage to cam me down but I won't feel 100% better until all the tests are done. Also she said I don't have a yeast infection now but she thinks I'm irritated from the yeast infection I had, scratching and yes having sex. (With my husband.). And it hurt like hell which she said is also normal. So I hope it's true what she said

• Posted

I'm actually glad you had the meltdown. The doctor could see what was going on. Sex can cause a little bleeding in meno for sure. Especially since you were already irritated there. Also, the bloated looking tummy is meno related and normal. At this age, we just don't have the tummy we had. I exercise and eat right and still can't get it to go away. And at night it's worse. Start paying attention to women your age who are thin and you will see that they have it too. Frustrating but normal. the US and biopsy are easy procedures so don't worry about those.

• Posted

Hi Becky,

I blew off starting the Progesterone again!!! I may ride this out

• Posted

Remind me, why was progesterone prescribed? How long are you supposed to take it? I only had to take it 10 days and had no side effects at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.