Post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 25 users are following.

Help! I'm 57 and have not had a period in 3 years. I had a yeast infection I believe for one week. Itchy like crazy and then yesterday started spotting. Light pinkish. Still happening today. I've been googling the subject to death and am convinced I have cancer. Seeing GP next week. Has this happened to anyone. ??

1 like, 220 replies

220 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Did anyone have slight pelvic achiness? At times I do. Dunno if it's my IBS or connected to something else... I didn't have it when I had spotting.

• Posted

Depends on what you calling pelvic I get it in the vaginal area.
    • Posted

Lower abdomen, well below belly button mostly left side but not only
    • Posted

If you have ibs then that's most likely what it is. Have you had a colonoscopy? When I did, they told me I have diverticulitis. Many people with ibs have that. The feeling is usually lower left side. Very low. I have flare ups sometimes and that's where I feel it.

• Posted

Yes, I had one in July and I do have diverticulosis! Hoping that is what it is. Made me concerned waiting for that biopsy result and all. Now that you mention it, I have another symptom that came with that pain in July. Thanks!!!
    • Posted

Stress makes it flare up too. And after the stress goes away, the pains can stay for a while because it's irritated. I take a ibuprofen or another NSAID because they are anti inflammatory. Seems to help although the doctor didn't tell me to take it. Like today i can feel it because i ate some spicy food last night.

• Posted

Yes that is what I had in July. After all the tests and colonoscopy, the pains went away. I'm scared the ibuprofen will bring on the bleeding again. Gosh so silly that u didn't think of this. Thank you.

• Posted

Oops sorry I meant that I am so silly, not you. Oy. Phone typo. Youmust think I am so rude
    • Posted

Haha! I knew what you meant. Didn't think a thing about it. I understand not wanting to take ibuprofen. I get everyone mixed up. Are you waiting for test results? If so, your stomach issues will go away when you find out you are just fine. It will take a couple of weeks though. Go easy on your digestive system during that time.

• Posted

Yes, had spotting , had biopsy over two weeks ago. Had a planned holiday abroad in the states, managed it, returned home and am still waiting... I was much better while abroad, more relaxed. 

Glad you got the typo! It sounded so nasty!! LOL. Sometimes the typing with this forum is delayed and odd, esp with phone.

• Posted

I am GF, and that helps. Also vegan. That is what is so annoying, I eat organic, natural, use natural shampoos etc and still have issues. Some eat junk and etc and have nothing!
    • Posted

Sometimes the things that are good for us also irritate our digestive system like veges and nuts. I remember your story now. I think you just had what I did which is a hormone surge but I hope those results come back soon. I hate you had to wait so long. Mine came back in 3 days. Where did you visit in the states?
    • Posted

3days! So nice!! We were in Madison Wi for a family event. Yes, I am hoping it was a hormone surge. In July the layer was 3mm, pap was clear, two US were clear, colonoscopy was clear, abdominal US of organs was clear. Then this cam at the end of Aug. Layer was 8mm. Grr. Ugh. This happened two days before the flight.
    • Posted

I remember! Because I told you it wouldn't have happened so quick. The 8mm was probably because you were having a period at that time. Did they check your hormones? Maybe you're not in menopause yet.

• Posted

The gynie told me the biopsy will show if it is hormonal. I had taken a week of femarelle which helped somuch, or so I thought. My hot flushes disappeared, I slept better, but now I wonder if it were a coincidence, and that I simply had a surge and thought it was the pills, or both together, who knows. I had pre period stuff,like tender breasts, more of a discharge than I had for a while, then the spotting. I was under extreme stress in July and actually the whole year was not an easy one... perhaps there is a connection. I am hoping all this anyway, rationalizing...hmmm
    • Posted

Very possible it was the stress. I think that's what it was for me. And I had the pms symptoms too. I hadn't had those in years and thought it was odd. It was just like my old periods. Not very heavy but like they we're before they ended. Let me know when you get the results so we can celebrate!

• Posted

thank you so much. You certainly give confidence to me! Amen that we will  celebrate! So glad your results were good.Hope and pray for all of us here on this forum! It so helps to chat.
    • Posted

Lana, what are some names of natural shampoo's?

• Posted

I use Jason natural shampoo and conditioner. I love the sea kelp shampoo.
    • Posted

Stress can wreak havoc on our bodies. Amazing what it can do! Hope everything turns out good. I'm sure it will. ??

• Posted

Lana, do you have an itchy scalp? For the past few weeks, mine has been horrible. I want to rip it apart.
    • Posted

I have had anitchy scalp in the past. Once I gor lice from my grandson (it is common here unfortunately) and last week when I didnt use my shampoo and cond, as I was abroad, it was a bit itchy. Is it poss that you have lice from a child? Anyhow, I like my shampoo and cond and recommend it. There are diff kinds for diff hairtypes.
    • Posted

Well I'm certain I don't have head lice. Lol! This just started a few wks ago out of the blue. I'm going to try head and shoulders

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.