Premique Low Dose - Not in stock anywhere?

Posted , 41 users are following.

After many years on Premique Low Dose, I now find it is not in stock at any Chemists. Is anyone else having the same problem? If so, is there a similar HRT I can change to?

8 likes, 212 replies

212 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes please Sandra I would be interested to know if this alternative works for you. As a final note, I popped into local branch of Everetts Chemist today and again no joy.
  • Posted

I have been prescribed. elleste duet conti when premique was no longer available, but have been getting night sweats and other problems. Thank you for all the information here. I will try another alternative.

• Posted

Hi all...........well have been on the two pills since Monday ( Noresthistone 5mg and Premarin 0.3mg) and as yet, no side effects but my Spanish GP is going to provide an alternative in one pill when I see her next as she doesn't think this option is the right one and although it means I will have to pay for my prescription I think it's going to be worth it rather than taking 2 pills a day to make up the same as Premique low dose, I will let everyone know what she gives me!  
    • Posted

I'd be interested to know the name of the new HRT your GP prescribes
    • Posted

When I spoke to Phizer the girl says she'd send me details of where I could get it in Europe!! I told her not to bother. When I took the two tablets I was ok for about 25 days then the symptoms came back. The breakdown quantities of estrogen and progesterone are not exactly the same as the one tablet so that's why it's not a long term solution

• Posted

I would be interested to know what you can get in Spain as I am going there next month.
    • Posted

Yes, i wonder if its a world wide problem? Do let us know!
  • Posted

Have gone back to full strength premique will take alternate days, will keep you posted on outcome
    • Posted

How has the stronger dose worked out ?

• Posted

Hi everyone

I was told today that Premique Low dose is now available. My local pharmacy rang their distributor. I am so pleased and am going to get my GP to prescribe it for me again.

Karen

• Posted

Hi Karen,how did u find out it was bk in stock,,? My chemist sed they wud let me no,but nothing,I wudnt have known if I hadn't seen yr msg,,thanku
    • Posted

Hi Jackie. Someone on here said that Tesco had rung them to say they had it in so

I went into my local independent pharmacy and they rang the distributor who said its available again. I understand that supply issues are quite normal and it's usually down to a licence issue which takes months to be resolved. Karen

• Posted

So pleased to hear its available again. But worrying that supply issues are normal - so it could disappear again! Thank you everyone for all the information this forum has been so useful.
    • Posted

Many thanks to everyone, great to hear it's back in stock. And how refreshing to know that there are other women in the same position as myself. Will get on to the local pharmacist and start the ball rolling !
    • Posted

Thanks Karen for yr reply,I've just been put on elleste duet conti 3 days ago & told that they will work the same way as low dose premique for my very bad flushes,,( I'm worried that they won't b the same) as I no where I am with low dose premique,,now I'm not sure if I can just switch tablets,do u or anyone else have any feedback on the elleste duet conti I've been put on cos I feel like racing to the chemist to find out if they have my premique in???
    • Posted

Hi Jackie. I am on the same ones. Nowhere near as good as the PLD. Maybe it's something to do with how good horse hormones are rather than synthetic ones. Lol
    • Posted

Hi Karen just want to say a big thank you for letting everyone no that premique LD was bk well u no I mentioned I was put on elleste duet conti 4 days ago & u mensioned that u were on the elleste duet conti as well & that they were nowhere as good as PLD,well I just raced to the phone to ring my Dr to say wot I had been put on & that PLD is now bk in stock,,he straight away recommended me to get onto the LDP & that elleste duet conti was a high dose for me & like u sed,wouldn't work the same as PLD,,he supplied me with 3 boxes ( 9mths worth) & start them tmrow,can't wait & feel so excited to no that my very bad flushes will b gone,,,so Agen ,thanks to u for letting people no cos if u hadn't sed ide never have known,HOORAY!!!!! Thanks Karen, ,by the way,have u cum off elleste & going onto PLD?
    • Posted

Hi Jackie. That's fantastic. Well done. I have been at work and not able to get my script changed but will do it asap. I had a particularly unpleasant night last night of being hot then soaking wet and freezing cold. Karen x
    • Posted

Omg it's awful isn't it,my flushes r so bad I've isolated myself as much as I can but soon as new tabs kick in I will feel so much better,,soon as I got my PLD tday,I kissed the box & sed my god where have u been,Lol!

Hurry & get yrs soon as & hope u start to feel Betta soon, thanks karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.