Pressure in head!!!!!!!

Posted , 446 users are following.

i have been getting pressure in head for months and it is daily and constant now. I have tried allsorts! Chiropractor, eye tests, dentist, medication.........I have just had MRI and don't think it'll show anything serious up!!!

Please can anyone help......don't think it's anxiety or stress, not sinusitis......god knows but it's getting me down and i am desperate! 

24 likes, 1373 replies

1373 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've been having this pressure for 4 years or so now, I can't wait to see my doctor Monday and let loose all these symptoms too him! Last night I almost passed out and have been feeling dizzy over the past two weeks so I'm worried at what this might be but at the same time I.just want this all sorted..
    • Posted

Yes lots of Gp visits two neurologists an MRI scan.....tried fobbing me off with tension headaches x
  • Posted

try a caffiene free diet for a week and see if the pressure goes. it cured my pressure problems. =) good luck
    • Posted

Hi Omar. Really? U think caffeine after a lifetime of It can suddenly cause this? It's been 16 months now sad
    • Posted

I have to agree with alan. Caffeine withdrawal's cause bad headaches and when I have a tension headache, 2 aspirin's and a cold coke kills it in 15 minutes.
    • Posted

I agree.....I dont beleive any natural off gluten, oils, nothing they need to find out whats causing it. Also I said to my husband, I want to try the Migraine for Tylenol, so he goes and looks at the ingreidents and all they added was caffiene, get that
  • Posted

hi I do have the same problems as everyone here.l been like this for 4 years now.all this years I was concentrating on my head I had MRI, CT done all my test was normal.This summer I ask my doctor to do MRI on my neck,and I think I found my problem I have cervical herniated disc, pinching nerve.check the symptoms of cervical herniated disc you might have the same
    • Posted

Wow I didn't realise how many people are out there suffering with the same things as I am,3 yrs ago I was told I had anxiety attacks and given Bromazapan to calm me down,now things have gone on to head pressure,pain in my neck,my ears fill up as if I am on a plane,also the pain I had when i had shingles on my face are slightly back,Iwas given anti depressants which just only a quater of a 10mg pill sent me climbing the wall.a Homeopathy doctor sugested I had a blood test for Thyroid,which I have had and get the results next Monday,if that is clear,then my next step is to ask for an MRI on my head and neck,I have been xrayed a while ago and know that the top two vertabrae of my neck are joining together,also a slight curviture,I have gone with the opinion  like you that this might be trapping nerves to my head and cutting off suplies of blood and oxygen,if I massage my neck right up into my head the pain is terrible and effects my stomach so I feel sick and any apetite goes for the rest of the day,the anxiety comes because I am wondering what on earth is the matter with me.If you have what you think you have what can be done for it,I am an arthritis sufferer,so no surprise that it has reached my neck.
    • Posted

Hi Marge

Try to work on gaba and cortisol levels.. You have anxiety and we all need to find a way to cure it.Doctors just say  its anxiety and nothing else.They dont know and they dont care.Also about your arthritis ..take boron pills 3 to 6 mg a day and get rid of your arthritis.

• Posted

WHAT??? Shingles too??? WTH?? This can't all be a coinsidense!!!  I'm on week 3 of shingles!!!  Mine started with ear pain, then head now shingles.  I have been taking a SMALL amount of clonazipam (.25 mg a night) for YEARS...... wondering if I should try to (again...) wean off.... Thanks firat37548 for the suggestion on gaba and cortisol levels!!!!
  • Posted

hi I do have the same problems as everyone here.l been like this for 4 years now.all this years I was concentrating on my head I had MRI, CT done all my test was normal.This summer I ask my doctor to do MRI on my neck,and I think I found my problem I have cervical herniated disc, pinching nerve.check the symptoms of cervical herniated disc you might have the same
    • Posted

I hope and pray to find the problem. I have some days better than others. Heard nothing from doctor since sept who was supposed to be sending me for lumber puncture!!! MRI clear on head......any more advice appreciated x
    • Posted

this past 4 years I had three MRI on my head they all came clean.I was coffee,gluten free I tried vegan diet to I tried everything but nothing works .I want to ask you something do you feel any numbness in your hand or fingers on the same site where you head pressure is?if you have pinching nerve in the cervical spine it will give you lots of problems like dizziness ,exacty,head pressure and feeling feeling really really bad
    • Posted

No I woke up after a night out in sept 2013. My head felt heavy full weired and it made me panic. Since then I've had the same feelings....pressure in head weired sensations in face at times generally head just has pressure in it all the time. I can't accept the stress card I've tried and tried.....weired sensations behind my eyes.....I'm past desperate sad
    • Posted

Alan, hi. I have so much sympathy for you, and i am at the point where i hate getting up in the mornings, because i cant face another day of this. I,, like you, went out for a night and woke with a headache that felt different,, worsened with movement, i put it down to my night out and thought with a couple of pain killers and a good nights sleep it would all be better tomorrow, but it hasnt gone and i feel like i cant stand another day. i have been to a and e with the pain and i had a c t scan, which came back normal, and was told i would be having a lumber puncture the next day, which i was pleased about, if it would relieve the pressure i was feeling in my head, but seeing another doc and telling him my symptons, he decided it was stress and sent me home with pain killers, which are not touching the pain, the only relief i can get is to lie down. I also have strange hearing now, and bass levels sound odd. Does any of this sound familar, because i feel like im going mad and no one will listen to me. kat x
    • Posted

Hi Kathryn,

I feel all the same symptoms.....I feel your pain.... sad If you want to talk, I am here.

Regards

Alan

• Posted

its probably Anxiety, anxiety can cause countless sypmtoms like for example: vision problems , dizziness, feelin of suffocation, feeling like your having an emergency like heart attack, this is inherited from when humans lived in Africa on the steeps and had to face with lions and other dangerous animals, but when anxiety is caused by irrational fear that is not there then it can be cured by facing what ever is causing the anxiety you need to find out what (if it is anxiety which it probably is) is causing your body responses. Also you can try taking Anxiety medications from your doctor however this could actually be serious but you should not rule out the possibility it is anxiety.
    • Posted

hi i took every test you can think of, MRI, CT, brain test,blood test, but then i took MRI of the neck, doctor says it might be a pinch nerve and something to do with the disc,that might be the problem,to make sure he ordered an EMG test this test should tell him why i am having all these problem all around my upper neck and head and eyes and pressure around the forehead
    • Posted

Let me know how the EMG goes. It's the only thing I haven't had either.
    • Posted

next week is my appt: will let you know what the doc says...are you having the same problem Thera...
    • Posted

I am sad to say I have had them for 3 years now. It's unbelievable really. I am 27 female and it stated when I was 24 and never went away. I've had every test and scan. I'm still searching daily. I see doctors every month and try everything. What are your symptoms and for how long now?
    • Posted

hi thera..it all started one year ago, i fell back and hit my head & neck and got a concussion,55 years old good health, always been a jogger and worked out with weights and never had any mental or physical problems, after the accident thats when eveything started..anxiety first then dizziness a little nausea a little faint like i was going to pass out then brain fog like looking thru binoculars when walking and right now this minute i have head pressure  at the forehead and around my eyes and under my eyes  and (very little pain) at the back of my neck and the top of my head & sides and temple, the pain comes on and off but not bad just annoying but the fog and pressure been there 24/7- 4 mo straight now what i have done for this problem: blood test- MRI of my back- MRI of my neck- MRI of my head- EEG of my head- CAT scan of my head- just done an eye exam full dental exam, took all these test in the last 4 mo, ( all tests normal ) got a very good (neurologist) next week a nerve test on my neck and  head they also think it might be a good ideal to give me shots around the neck and back of my head but they are waiting for me to do the nerve test first and one more thing i just started seening a chiropractor and doing acupuncture this week and today 11-21 15 paid for a deep full body & head massage...never done any of this my whole life but on a mission to find out whats wrong so i can go back to my jogging weight lifting and riding my harley..
    • Posted

It might not be over as soon as you think (but, I hope that it is for you).
    • Posted

hey lgstarr..do you suggest any other tests or any type of physical therapy or anything i can take that you have heard or read about. the only thing i have taken is ibuprofen i have seen two psychologist & two therapist and they both say its anxiety and they have given my all types of pills that i will not take,they say i have to take them a month stright everyday because it will take that long for the pills to start to worklng...i have never took pills i am 55years old and been around and i know what these pills can do and besides i am seen one of the best nerurologist in ca, and he says he dont think thats a good ideal to start taking them pills but then again who do you believe..i have seen 5 different doctors even a chinese herbal  doctor...any suggestions i would appreciate it...just started doing my 30 min walk 3 weeks ago and this week started with light weights but for some reason the weights started freaking me out and i started getting dizzy so no more weights and just walking...
    • Posted

Please keep me aware of your problem, mine started 3 weeks ago. I'm discouraged by all the comments. Have you taken this before?

Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). This medicine works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation.

• Posted

Try not to listen to all the negativity and think positive been having this problem for 5 months Been seen a lot of doctors here in los angeles ca, and l am blessed to have the best insurance so I can see and take all the tests I need and I think I might of found out what might be going on with me and if you have any other questions please message me..
    • Posted

Can you message me? I'm on a phone and can't find a message button
    • Posted

What did they find. I've had 2 CT scans already. Also, I've seen neuro last year and she thought it was tension no migraine. Also, my doctor thinks the same. No pain reliever works. What do you think should be my next step?

Eye doctor?

MRI?

Blood work?

• Posted

Last 6 mo have you done anything different in your life that you might think that cause this problem and has this ever happen to you before. . You really have to think way back like I did and you might be surprised. I am.talking about like working out or jogging maybe falling down or hitting your head or inhaling any kind of liquid or paint or any kind of odor of any kind....any of these thing can cause what we have..
    • Posted

Hi

I've been dealing with these symptoms for 2 weeks now. Started after having heart palpitations during a workout. Started with dizziness then head pressure which lead me to the ER all test came back normal other than high blood pressure. Saw my primary doc who put me on a beta blocker. Felt functional most of this past week but today head pressure came back as soon as i walked in the gym this morning. Ended my workout after only 15 minutes blood pressure was high felt like I was going to pass out. Reading these comments have me feeling hopeless. If anyone can help make sense of what's going on please share.

• Posted

Hey rtj404,

You said something that pretty much summed up your issue, "other than high blood pressure", that's exactly what it is.. that head pressure and feeling weird at the gym isn't your imagination, it's your body saying "You're treating me like crap" in most cases. 

First of all, examine your diet.  I know age can contribute to your Blood Pressure, but the high percentage of that pie chart is directly related to the food you consume as well as the amount of exercise, or lack there of, that you do.

Answer these questions to yourself.  Do you drink any sort of stimulants such as coffee, energy drinks, hot chocolate, Ice Tea, cokes etc.  That alone can spike your blood pressure in no time.  

Also, do you eat out alot, although you may not salt your food, a lot of food that is take out is mostly saturated with sodium.  Do a nutrition check on what you eat and you'd be extremely suprised as to what you thought was good for you. 

Eat Leafy greens, Salads, Lean meat, SOME whole wheat not a lot of bread.

No more cold cuts, deli meats etc.  The processed meat is delicious but it's jam packed with sodium to presserve it. ie Ham, Salami, even Turkey.  Grilled Chicken ok and Some Tuna.

side note:  NO Jerky or Canned Soups either, they're loaded with salt.. LOADED!

Finally if you DO want to enjoy these things, I would seriously.. suggest you want AT LEAST 30 minutes a day ..EVERYDAY.  Within 3 weeks to a month, a combination of your clean eating and exercise will regulate your blood pressure and you can slowly have SOME salty foods once or twice a week in moderation.

Do NOT ignore your blood pressure, it's important if not treated could cause a stroke and or heart complications, that's why you're feeling all of these things.  I hope you feel better.

• Posted

*WALK at least 30 minutes a day..
    • Posted

Hi Docserious,

Thanks for your reply. This all started about a week after thanksgiving probably over indulged with sweets never felt this bad for this long and the anxiety build when I go to the gym has me stomped as my intention this morning was to do some cardio but the pressure build up was so intense I couldn't. And sitting around worrying probably isn't helping I did start this week to eat better and have been taking the beta blocker for a week now hopefully this helps me get back to my normal life.

• Posted

Hi,

I've been told apple cider vinegar can help with high blood pressure. Do you know if that's true or heard the samething

• Posted

Dude, I have a theory, have you heard of candida? it's a fungel fungal infection that grows from eating unhealthy and to much sugar and yiest. It can cause sinus blockage because which might be building the pressure up in the head, try the diet of candia I will be to as the thing's you described are the same thing I am dealing with, and if this isn't what is causing the head pressure I have one other theory, Cervicogenic Headache, because I sat in a akwaaard position for long periods of time, I hope I can recover my neck if that's the problem but I am going to tackle both sources, the candida, and the neck, you should to buddy. Oh, and I should mention I did suffer from a migraine with aura once because I quit caffiene, and Now I suffer from something called persistent migraine aura, also called PMA-PPVD, I suffer from seeing little white lights in the pitch dark, (see them with eyes closed to) also known as visual snow, I also see a faint static in the air in dim lighting, I see halos around lights at night on cars and ghosting, I see a strange black rim floater, I see shimerring heatwave affects in patterns, I see little suqiermy spem cell looking things on white snow or blue sky. I didn't have head pressure into I got this pma conidtion, but I am not certain it is linked to the migraine aura persiting, I personally think the head pressure is just another conidtion I have that is from those 2 things I listed, the neck thing or the diet fungel thing. Oh I should mention lyeme dieese could be a factor if the other 2 thing's aren't the source, god tho I hope not.
    • Posted

it can cause sinus blockage which might be building the pressure up in the head is what I meant^ Can't edit my post.
    • Posted

are you ok now or your still having problems..i myself doing a lot better..let me know if you have any questions..
    • Posted

what was your diagnosis? its my 25 year old son who has suffered since he was  19 - he turns 26 this april so this june its been 7 years! He still suffers he has been on Amitriptalyn for all this time, starting at 35mg and currently on 125mg he is under a consultant at the UCL queens square where he was diagnosed with Vestibular Neuritis about 5 years ago, but still suffers from pressure in head, wooshing in heas, wet ears, popping ears and pain, headaches, a feeling of liquid in the back of head. we go back next thursday to UCL as he is really bad at the moment! Any advice? thanks
    • Posted

Im am excactly the same. It almost feels like fluid or something behind my right eye. The head pressure can be very disabling. Mine all started after i stopped taking spiractin. Which was prescribed for polycystic ovaries. I was dizzy on it. Stopped it. Then a week later BAM. Heavy head pressure. Ears ringing. Right eye very blurry and weird sensation behind it. Numb face. Limbs pins and needles and numbness. The pressure is awful. Its ruining my life. Ive been to hospital. Had 3 mri scans. A ct. Bloods normal. They think its migraines. Its not. Ive had migraines all my life. And they wont believe me that its not a migraine and its not stress. Some days are worse than others. It never completely goes away. But the severity of pressure comes in waves. Sometimes lasting a week when its worse than other times.
    • Posted

They told me I have a sudotumor which is fluid and pressure in the head they can give u medicine for it and sometimes if that doesn't help they do a spinal tap to relieve the fluid and the pressure. U should ask ur doctors about it. Hope this helps
    • Posted

Thanks! Im waiting to see the neurologist again in 2 months time. Hopefully this time he will listen to me. Its all very frustrating. Everytime i walk away with yet another script for migraine pills. When i dont have migraines. I find it all very sus that it all started when i began taking spiractin. Although no neurologists seem to want to know about that. Just feels awful. No one believes you. One neurologist said to me..... so you think its the stress of having at mri that could have done this to you. Do you think its all in your head??!! Omg! No. No thats why i had the damn mri in the first place arghhhhh sad
    • Posted

Hi. I think it may well be a problem with your sphenoid sinus cavity. Look up Isolated Sphenoid sinusitus .
    • Posted

I think you are right. I have all the systems that I read on the subject.

THANKS

AL

• Posted

I am in hospital with the same symptoms. CT and MRI were normal. Awaiting Lumbar Puncture and blood test results. I do have 2 herniated disks in my neck but I have had those for years. I thought it might be the meningioma- benign brain tumor, but it hasn't grown. What have you tried? This chronic pressure in my brain has been going on for over 2 months. I am from AU, 46 years old. Has anyone got a book about this condition?
    • Posted

I have headaches all day every day, some relief at night.  Strange noises in my head and seeing flashing lights.  I do suffer from stress and the neurologist said my brain had gone into overdrive and was over sensitised so producing weird symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.