PVP Greenlight 12/6/16 My experience!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Over the next few weeks, I intend to chronicle here my experience following my PVP surgery.  I will attempt to as brief as possible.  I have heard so many horrible stories and warnings from so many men, that I thought I would relay my experience as it happens for those of you who might be planning your own PVP.

Had to be at hospital 0900 today.  Prep was minimal.  first step was to strip down to nothing and remove a wedding band that is now smaller than my knuckle.   Tests for blood sugar (I'm diabetic), blood pressure, and insert IV which took 4 tries.

A visit from the anestesiologist, and then my urologist. I asked him if I could give him some words of encouragement and he said sure.  I said, "Brian, don't f*ck up my dick"!  He gave me a hearty laugh. 

surgery was scheduled for 1200 and by 12-7 they wheeled me out of prep room towards OR, but I don't think I ever saw it.

I woke up at1445.  Groggy as hell and with strong discomfort inside the end of my penis.with catheter inserted.  I got some pain killers, antibiotics, and anti-bladder spasm meds as well as some coaching on emptying the bag.  

The nurse also secured the cath line to my inner thigh so that a tug on the main line wouldn't pull on the line into the penis.  There is not enough lead there and sitting on toilet promotes a pull of it's own.  Can't adjust it because there is a hard plastic connector in the line right there; so no alternative but to leave it be.

Was in the car at 1700  to go home just in time for horrific Atlanta traffic and took 1.5 hours to go 25 miles.

It's 2100 now and am getting used to the feeling of the cath in my trouser worm.  It's very uncomfortable but sensation pain has gone from about a 5 to a 2 or 3.  Bag has been emptied once but needs to be done again before I turn it.  Ate some dinner, a small pasta with broth and an egg around 1930.  Trying to drink plenty of water as advised.

I feel no pain whatsoever except for the point of insertion of the cath.  That is having a very calming effect on me, but, my dick does hurt.

Cath out Friday.  

Report back tomorrow.

1 like, 87 replies

87 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Enough!!!!

Enjoyed the saying, "old age means we survived"!  Grandmothers lived to 98 and 96.  One grandfather lived to 86.  Dad passed at 77.  I'd be happy to make that.  82 is awesome Derek!!  We have to make the best use of our time.  To me that includes having as much sex as possible.  I dont want it any less than when I was younger.  Now I don't have to work as hard to get it.  Would have never guessed that.  Appreciate your contributions  Wish you both well,

• Posted

DId we all miss out in our restrictive teen years compared to kids nowadays?
    • Posted

If you mean in terms of sex, I don't think so.  Of course, you've got 18 years on me and the 50's likely were a bit more prudish/restrictive than the 60's and 70's, the era of "drugs, sex, and rock and roll".  Sex in my late teens and early 20's was more needy and scarier, the specter of rejection was a lot with which to deal.  I did go 4 times in a few hours as a college senior.  She was into it too.  Like Sister Augustine always said with her enormous jowls hanging out of her habit, "Children!  Life is what you make it"!  You've still got some child in there don't you?

• Posted

My first 19 years were spent in Scotland and that was very restrictive. Everything was closed on Sundays, no shops, no cinemas or pubs.  

I moved to London to get away from it but it was still way before the Swinging Sixties. Was that a British or an American invention?

• Posted

True!  But can you still get it up in the second hundred?
  • Posted

Day 5:

Had no erections last night as opposed to 4 or 5 the previous night.  Why?  I have no idea.  Only pain I have is still at tip of penis and inside urethra close to the urethral opening.  Pee starts red and turns to blue from meds to help burning.  Still have to sit to pee as I can't predict where the stream will go.  It is often split and goes in 2 directions; so sparing the mess outweighs sitting.  The stream is not as strong as I'd like; but it is still early.  I think some of the split stream will disappear with a stronger flow.  I still see clots in urine though small, like lint in fluid.  I've heard of clots the size of pencils; but I haven't seen anything like that.

Activities are close to normal.  Did some house hold chores, drove a  75 mile round trip to do a wood working project with a friend.  Put up more christmas decorations, went to grocery and cooked dinner.  Expect to go to office tomorrow and maybe visit the gym.

Nothing negative here except awaiting a great result of normal urine flow and no pain while peeing.

• Posted

You might best take it a little easy even though you feel well. Some guys on here have gotten in trouble with serious bleeding, pain, and blockages when they got too athletic too soon.

Neal

• Posted

Day 6:

Only got up once during the night to pee and was able to do it standing - hooray!

Neal's message is probably right; going to message my uro.  Still feeling some pain at tip of penis and about an inch or so into urethra.  It also hurts there to pee.  Otherwise, I've finished the antibiotics and stopped the painkillers a few days ago.  Still taking the med to prevent bladder spasms, and the one that turns pee blue to prevent the burning which doesn't seem to have much effect.

My uro said not to worry about sex as I wouldn't want it.  He was wrong, I wanted it.  And I was so damned curious to simply see what would happen.  So, last night I masterbated.  Almost stopped as glans is still sensitive; but, with some online "support" I was able to climax.  There was no pain during the climax; but there was stinging in the urethra a minute afterward and continued until I fell asleep.  The big surprise was the creamy white stream of seminal fluid!  Don't know if that is temporary or my uro is a greenlight genius as I was expecting RE.  

Other than that, I feel pretty good.  A bit groggy at times, but getting pretty close to normal except for that persistent burning stinging inside penis.

• Posted

That is how it should be if he kept away from the bladder neck. Send him a Christmas nonus for that.
  • Posted

Day 8:

Getting back to normal routine.  Still have urethral pain near end of penis.  It gets worse when I pee; but i feel it all the time.  Only getting up once to pee at night.  Stream is not as strong as I'd like; but the drippling has stopped as has the stop and start.  Not fully emptying my bladder yet; but it is far better than before.  Found bloody discharge on the sheets as I sleep naked, so that is happening at night which explains the continued split stream sometimes when peeing.  Makes an unwanted mess.   A pee always starts with a small something a little bloody and then turns clear.  Haven't attempted another orgasm as I am wanting some of this pain, no more like discomfort in urethra to subside.  Also don't yet know if I've avoided RE despite the seminal fluid the first try.  I'm told it is too early to know for sure, so I'm giving that area a rest for the time being.

• Posted

Day 9:

Had a good experience last night.  Attended the wifes office Christmas party and had a few drinks.  Had to pee 4 times; twice there, once in parking lot which came up suddenly, and once more at home.  All had pretty good flow and I was pleased about that.  Although each of them starts with that little bit of bloody discharge first.  Then, this morning, got up to pee around 5:30 and there was that dribbling again.  same thing at 7 and again after a shower.  Not a good turn I don't think and am wondering why this has started again.

Still have that constant burning feeling at urethral opening and about an inch into penis.

Decided to test the fates yesterday and masterbated.  No seminal fluids this time, only some clear fluid like pre-cum; but there was enough to drip down to my hand.  Still wondering now if I'll be living with RE or not, so growing impatient with having to wait and see.

• Posted

Day 10:

No real changes.  Still begin each pee with some bloody discharge followed by urine.  Still have pain inside penis.  Still hurts to pee with burning.  And now there is no ejaculate.  And there is crusty, bloody discharge in my shorts and on my sheets.  Wonder how long this will go on and if lack of ejaculate is now permanent.  Also wonder if having an ejaculation is harmful or not.

• Posted

Hi Gmoney,

I'make not a physician, and I'm not a prude, but when a man ejaculates, his prostate contracts very strongly several times to ejaculate seminal fluid and supermarkets. Your prostate has just suffered a significant injury from your procedure.

If you had 3

• Posted

My damn phone just went crazy and sent that before I was done, so I'll continue....

First of all, no matter what the surgery, I don't expect you to ejaculate supermarkets. I meant, seminal fluid.

Continuing...

If you had broken your leg 10 days ago, would you be running on it now to test it out?

Layout off it for several days, no ejaculating if possible, no more exercise than absolutely necessary, and no bike or motorcycle riding. Give yourself a while to heal.

Neal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.