Radio Check, over?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have not received a notification of any post for 4 days, and I don't see any new ones when I log on.

Has the party moved elsewhere?

Do I have bad breath?

Am I in exile?

Is this a result of BREXIT?

Is there a miraculous cure of which I am unaware?

šŸ˜ƒ

1 like, 91 replies

91 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've turned off notifications to be sent in my email - found them irritating because in the good old days when this forum was active they filled up my inbox, and they aren't necessary. I just go to the notifications list on the website and if anything has been posted, either a new discussion or a reply to a post I'm following, everything is there. I try to remember to follow all new posts even if I don't intend to reply, because you never know when a topic will take an interesting turn, or become relevant to oneself.

• Posted

I haven't received messages today and maybe yesterday.

• Posted

There haven't been any. Forum much quieter now that it isn't as fun to use. Personally I find it painfully slow to load, and it's not my device, which is a recent model laptop with up to date software.

• Posted

People are fed up with the IT issues and have gone elsewhere i think its a shame if we loose it.........

• Posted

I completely agree. But there's something about IT which seems to make corrections difficult, more difficult than they should be. Two more serious examples: in Canada for four years thousands of our civil servants have been underpaid, overpaid, not paid at all, issued incorrect tax slips, and other mistakes, because an appallingly faulty new payroll system was put into place. It's even speculated that it will be a further ten years before the issue is completely resolved. Whaaat? Ten years? And then the issues with the Boeing Max 8 which are beyond imagining. Makes problems with this site seem small potatoes, but it's an example of the same sort of thing.

• Posted

Perhaps one day the whole thing will over reach itself, go up in a puff of blue smoke and provide a second chance to set up a system that really DOES work for users. I don't just mean on here but throughout the IT world.

Did anyone watch Secrets of Silicone Valley on BBC4? Very revealing and depressing. The ability of the human race to corrupt seems endless.

• Posted

Our health care system here (Nova Scotia) is suffering as in so many places it seems. Yet our government is turning a blind eye to the indisputable fact that patients are lined up on gurneys in hallways because too many old people are in hospital waiting for placement in a proper nursing home, and clogging the system, which is already stretched to the limit. No new nursing home beds with needed new staff are being created. Instead many millions of dollars have been allocated to set up an electronics medical records system which has been shown elsewhere to simply not improve health outcomes, or increase the doctor's ability to share records in a useful fashion, which will take valuable time the doctor could spend actually seeing and treating patients. Why? Because our system is now run by incompetents who are dazzled by technospeak.

• Posted

I come and go like the wind, but I haven't left the building yet. I feel like my old friend 'the site' has come down with alzheimer, or maybe I have. I haven't made the time to get familiar with the new site so I get frustrated and don't check regularly. Can they not just hit reset (ever hopeful)

• Posted

Sometimes I get so frustrated with the site I just dip in and and out but don't post. Bless you, Eileen, you are the stalwart and we all appreciate your wealth of knowledge. I don't know how you keep going especially as you are having a tough time just now. I'm trying to drop to 1.5 but I'm beginning to think even 2 isn't covering it at present. I know!!!!

• Posted

We seem to have travelled roughly in tandem in regards to duration and dosage. I'm trying the same thing, and instead of following the protocol of dead slow this time I'm just going by how I feel from day to day, and even experimenting with taking another painkiller when things seem particularly bad (aspirin usually, sometimes tylenol). Somehow this got me back down to 2 from 2.5, over several weeks, and now I'm poking at 1.5.

I do have fairly extensive osteoarthritis, which really can't be safely treated with any medications, and I have to remember that I cannot expect to feel better than I did before PMR struck. It's a bit hard to accept that OA (osteoarthritis and old age, both, or take your pick) are permanently affecting me now, but there it is. If I can divest myself of pred so much the better, but not absolutely sure PMR has departed, being more than ever cautious with tapering.

• Posted

Silver and Anhaga, you pretty well sum up my situation. I was zero pred for a few years, but bounce from 1 to 3 mg. pred now, with my constant companions OA and mild PMR.

Eileen, if you weren't a hemisphere away, I'd bake you a compassionate, kind, American apple pie. We're short on those those kind of apples, but a few are available. Heartfelt regards.

Dan

• Posted

That's a good description, Anhaga, poking at it because that's just what I am doing. It sounds like, along with Danrower, we are fumbling about at the same levels of Pred. I think I overdid it yesterday and have been lacking sleep for a couple of nights so all in all it's no surprise I thought the 2mgs may not be enough. Suddenly today after another busy day the 1.5 appears to be covering it but tomorrow will be the crumbs of the halved tablet. It'll be interesting to see how it works. A friend remained on .5mg for months then suddenly realised that she didn't need it and has been off for a long time after 15 years. There is hope.

• Posted

Nine years seems like a lifetime!!! I have been down to 1mg twice. Currently on 4mg

no pain but so stiff. I am seriously thinking if I get down to 2mg I will stay put .

• Posted

But it has been 9 years where I have lived a normal life near enough - not like the previous 5 years without pred which were awful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.