Radio Check, over?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have not received a notification of any post for 4 days, and I don't see any new ones when I log on.

Has the party moved elsewhere?

Do I have bad breath?

Am I in exile?

Is this a result of BREXIT?

Is there a miraculous cure of which I am unaware?

šŸ˜ƒ

1 like, 91 replies

91 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh, my goodness, I am now flooded with PMR emails! From a famine to a feast.

• Posted

Eileen, a quick question. I've had PMR since JAN 2017 , started on 20mg, and with all the good advice from your good self and all the wonderful people on this Forum now understand so much more. on reading about other folks suffering from PMR I have been very lucky. it has taken me over two years but with the slow reducing method i'm now on 1/4 of a mg. feeling good so far and not wanting to rock the boat, im thinking of not taking any Pred tomorrow and if all goes well maybe taking the quarter every other day. does this sound like a good idea. i suppose im faraid to go off completely and mess up all the hard work. what do you think? THANKS IN ADVANCE! Freda ( still don't like the cap lock problem) sorry!

• Posted

You sound like the classic case that many have been promised but many come nowhere near to achieving. Very best wishes for continued ideal outcome.

You have obviously taken the slow reduction regime very seriously and I know exactly how you feel about that last 0.25. I'd got to 1mg. after five years and that coincided with having a hip replacement. I was so fortunate in the advice I received. At my pre-op interviews I had to see the pharmacist and she was adamant that under no circumstanced should I think of reducing any further until had completely recovered from the op. I must say I was surprised to hear that such a low dose could still be significant in times of stress but it was good advice. I was down to nil six months later and so far am still in remission after six years.

We hear so often from patients who don't take sufficient account of their own bodies and what they are telling them. If your present very low dose is keeping you happy, that is wonderful but if, heaven forbid, you wake up one morning feeling aches and pains that could be PMRs symptoms then don't wait too long before increasing your dose back to comfort level. Listen to your body and be kind to it.

• Posted

Sounds like a plan - and be really aware and don't deny it if the symptoms reappear!!

And we will ALL have our fingers crossed you are the 2+ year patient!!

• Posted

Thank you BettyE. your advice is well taken! I truly apprecite your input. Freda

• Posted

Eileen, Thank you once again for your wisdom. I'm a bit nervous about going a day without my Pred. I think i'm hooked!!! But at the slightest trace of stiffness I'll be running to the cupboard, like Old Mother Hubbard!

I'm not going anywhere, as I'm also hooked on this site! It has made me so much more aware of our problems, and the knowledge I've gained has been invaluable. thanks to all who have contributed!

Freda

• Posted

Hi Dan.

I've found that if I don't login to the website regularly, I don't get notifications until I start logging in every day now. Must be a new thing but I would check your settings in your account. They might have been inadvertantly changed.

Hope this helps you and all the others. Please don't use the "B" word again! It's a dirty word and my PC doesn't like it! lol šŸ˜‰

• Posted

I promise never to use the "B" word, if you promise to take back the "T" rump.

šŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

At least the T-word is guaranteed to be reversed in another 6 years. If it happens, the B-word is for life ...

• Posted

Maybe not. The idea of a second referendum is not dead yet and I'm not sure if Theresa has not had this in mind all along and that is at the back of all her apparent prevarications. String along, play for time and maybe we'll get a 60/40 vote for Remain. I'm feeling optimistic tonight!

• Posted

Or drunk!!!! On a very kind day I might wonder about TM - but haven't really been that charitable yet!!

• Posted

Did you mean Theresa or me, Eileen?

And who put the zip in that terrible blue coat she's wearing? Usually I've thought her dress sense pretty decent but that makes her look as though. she's hiding something underneath.

• Posted

You for drunk and TM for me not being charitable.

OH pointed out that noone would comment on that ghastly coat on show all the time if she were male. Good article somewhere comparing Angela Merkel and TM's power dressing. Pointing out that AM's outfits keep below the radar and so people concentrate on her. OTOH - maybe that's the answer ...

• Posted

That's the worrying part EileenH! I guarentee that at least half the population of UK are so stressed now that it's delayed yet again. I'm sure the remainers would win if there were another vote now. Too much money and time spent on this farce.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.