Rectogesic Ointment - how to

Posted , 4 users are following.

Rectogesic Ointment

Online Doc perscribed me Rectogesic Ointment which I will receive tomorrow. As mentioned to them any 'fissure' i can see isnt directly on the anus but a few cm above it. should i apply the cream to the anus or on the actual cuts themselves?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

I was told by my surgeon to add the amount on the end of your finger and insert it about a nails length into the hole.

Use cling film around your finger and make sure you use the full amount needed at both morning and night without skipping. I don't think you should necessarily aim for the cuts as its to bring blood to the whole area.

You may get a headache after, with me I got them for a while the first time, but then each time they fade until after a few days or so of use you hardly feel them and its more of a head rush/small headache for 10-15 mins or so.

• Posted

@andrew97847 hi mate may I ask for how long you used the ointment? for the last week the pain after the bm stopped. get only a 20 seconds burning and that's it. I'm fighting two hemorrhoids tho. next Thursday I will reach 8 weeks of using the ointment and I know I'll have to stop but I'm petrified just in case it will get worse again

• Posted

just thought how does the ointment then tend to the cuts? suppose works from the inside out!

would rubbing it on the outside you think work just incase cant get in?

• Edited

the purpose of the ointment is to attract blood to the anal area. so the muscle can relax and not being into spasm and the fissure can heal

• Posted

Just applied my first... Perhaps slightly a bit much but... How quick would your side effects if any appear and how long before you noticed any difference?

• Edited

side effect I had was a bit of blood and slightly a headache but lasted only a couple of minutes. with my body as I had a chronic fissure had few results after 5 weeks. I know its a long time. drink lots of water and eat fibre. start applying sudocream after a couple of hours few times at day. that will help you a lot

• Posted

Bit of blood when going to toilet? Yeah gonna apply sudocrem in a few hours then more gtn around the skin before I sleep

• Posted

only had blood twice. think I've been lucky over that matter, just had a bm and its burning a bit but can handle it as its not that bad

• Posted

I meant blood rush on the previous previous post

• Posted

Hey Mark, I used mine for about 7 weeks, had botox but my surgeon told me to keep going with it after a week or so post surgery. So I asked my doctor for another prescription and used a bit more over the next weeks but stopped as I was told not to use it for so long. I haven't used it for a while now so I may ask for more and do a full 8 weeks again. To be honest it my experience it helps a lot of people but for others, like me, it is great for getting the fissure down from the worst stages but doesn't seem to progress further. Going to try the fasting this week though as I need to try something different.

@rescueiron, as Mark said mate, and if you can't get in as it's right after a bm or sore then yes just apply to the outside I think.

• Posted

Hi Barbara, I got it off another thread. Here is two posts about it with some information:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-i-cured-my-chronic-fissure-after-2-years--516536

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/-long-my-anal-fissure-success-story-this-might-be-your-cure--335279

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/-long-please-read-how-i-m-healing-my-anal-fissure-for-a-week-678056

It sounds tough, but nowhere near as bad as living with this, so I'll give it a go as best I can this week.

• Edited

No worries. I think the gist is basically just drink water and take vitamins for a few days. If you get any other good tips let us know.

• Posted

I will keep you posted. 5 consecutive days with a bm and no pain so far, I'm drinking lots of water and eating fibre. but every now and then I'm having proper food like pasta, chicken, all homemade tho.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.