Red zone / rash urethral duct

Posted , 55 users are following.

Hi!

I have been struggling with unclear symptoms and visited 3 urologist and 1 dermatologist. I have done many tests for STD´s have take Azithromycin , Metronidazole, Ciprofloxacin without yet an accurate indication of what is it. Doctors differ on what to do, but mainly my discomfort is itching and burning. Sometimes (hours) goes but it comes back. I had sexual partner more than 1 month ago and the redness started 5 days ago and didn´t test till today from herpes. Does someone has had something similar ? Thanks

imageimage

4 likes, 109 replies

109 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

So I have the same exact thing going on- I posted below as well in response to ed's neisseria meningiditis comments.

My doctors are all gobsmacked. And I'm talking multiple doctors. How is it that everything can look so normal on test results yet there is something evidently wrong with me.

The biggest thing is I have developed eye issues as of the past few weeks. Swollen and puffy like conjunctivits, yet I don't have that. I also have some pain with defocation occasionally (not every time). And of course the dehyrdation issues are really bad. If I have coffee/tea or alcohol for example, I feel like my body is going to shut down. My urine gets really dark and smelly, and I feel horrible malaise. This never used to happen.

The sore inside the urethra looks like a canker sore with a grayish/whiteish interior and a red exterior. It hurts every time i ejaculate or when i urinate which i suppose is because it is passing over the sore.

I know it is not related to the HSV-1 I have, because I have never had any genital lesions or genital symptoms. I did have cold sores in my mouth as a kid though and tested positive for this many years before these symptoms started. Antiviral medication made this worse as well- particulalry the eyes and dehydration.

This is very serious because it is not showing up in any bacterial culture growth tests, yet it is ruining my every day life. I can barely complete the simplest tasks without exhaustion yet a year ago I was feeling great.

I am very concerned and at my whits end.

• Posted

how long ago has it been since you started having symptoms? have you taken antibiotics? go through lists of "emerging sexual pathogens" i dont have discharge so its hard to get a quick culture.

• Edited

Looking at the pictures and a majority of the things individuals have said i feel i'm experiencing the same problem. 6 years ago when i was 18ish i got what i thought was a uti infection/sti/d as lymph node raised in my upper thigh/ groin area which caused terrible pain when touch and i had an frightening amount of discharge, the infection grow daily. I got this after having a sexual activity. when looking down my urethra i could see the infection starting in the meatus and it was like the top of the urethra was sticking together. naturally i went to the sti clinic to which all tests where done and my results came back 2 weeks later which meant the infection was ten times worse. Due to delay in getting the results and the infection getting so bad i ended up in hospital as my white blood count went to 0.6. i have been re tested many times for Sti/d including a mycoplasma genitaliar screen and they have all come back negitive, at the point of infection i had a lot of blood in my urine but I don’t think I’ve ever had a urine culture at the point of a flare up. As i was on doxycline the flare up went but looking at the meatus i have been left with redish patches that are hard to see as so small with have little grey/white/ patches in the middle. These patches flare up after mastication or sexual activity. i have seen multiple urologist all to might have given me no hope. I have a mri scan of the prostate and a full body ct scan which have all shown no signs of concern. i currently have reactive lymph nodes in my groin that flare up from time to time. all blood pathology has come back normal apart from having past signs of a positive EBV infection (and I’ve had a lot in the last 6 years). my quality of life is nothing compared to what it used to be 6 years ago and every day is a struggle not only physically but mentally due to strain of not feeling well. im 24 and feel like im 90. I’m a shadow of the person I used to be. the daily symptoms are muscle aching, ichy skin around my abdomen and back, pains in lymph glands and chronic fatigue. i feel like im going crazy all consultants seem to do there basic checks and once they come back normal as nothing shows in my urine cultures (as I don’t currently have an acute flare up as I’ve been with the same partner for 5 years) they discharge me or brand me with health anxiety and i feel like i have no trust in consultants as they make money for simple checks and get you out the door as soon as possible. i have figured out that the only time get a flare up that makes the discharge and the closing of the meatus (urethra head) is when i change sexual partners but the infection is dormant until this point. i have had a cystoscopy which has shown no area of concern although i think the camera automatically goes past the point of where the red patch is once inserted. im extremely exhausted and just want my old life back. i know there is more pressing matters to worry about in the world and worse things to have but it is stopping me form living. any help would be much appreciated as i would do anything for a diagnosis and a treatment plan and to be taken seriously. The only treatment that helps ever time I get this flare up doxycycline however it doesn’t clear it all up as it leaves me with pain in my groin due to the reactive lymph node that is still very present and these two red/yellow/white patches on each side of the meatus. I have sent the last post stating some said a shot of rocephin and a course of doxycycline worked for them but I’m unsure if there symptoms are similar to mine. Any advice would be much appreciated and thanks for reading.

• Posted

exactly the same unfortunately, still no where closer to getting any awnsers . consultant gave me no time and wouldnt even listen to what i had to say. lost all faith in consultants all tehy care about is money

• Posted

this is either EBV or CMV, it can infection your genitals as well.

• Posted

hello pls update us if someone is heal.. i suffer for 6 months

• Posted

i had rocephin (butt shot) and 10 days of doxycycline and after 2.5 weeks i am symptoms free, thats the recommended gonorrhea treatment. it treats many kinda of bacterial infections. from my extensive reading in the last 6 weeks, there are many naturally occuring bacteria in the throat that can infect and irritate the urethra. although very rare to cause urethritis.

• Posted

Looking at the pictures and a majority of the things individuals have said i feel i'm experiencing the same problem. 6 years ago when i was 18ish i got what i thought was a uti infection/sti/d as lymph node raised in my upper thigh/ groin area which caused terrible pain when touch and i had an frightening amount of discharge, the infection grow daily. I got this after having a sexual activity. when looking down my urethra i could see the infection starting in the meatus and it was like the top of the urethra was sticking together. naturally i went to the sti clinic to which all tests where done and my results came back 2 weeks later which meant the infection was ten times worse. Due to delay in getting the results and the infection getting so bad i ended up in hospital as my white blood count went to 0.6. i have been re tested many times for Sti/d including a mycoplasma genitaliar screen and they have all come back negitive, at the point of infection i had a lot of blood in my urine but I don’t think I’ve ever had a urine culture at the point of a flare up. As i was on doxycline the flare up went but looking at the meatus i have been left with redish patches that are hard to see as so small with have little grey/white/ patches in the middle. These patches flare up after mastication or sexual activity. i have seen multiple urologist all to might have given me no hope. I have a mri scan of the prostate and a full body ct scan which have all shown no signs of concern. i currently have reactive lymph nodes in my groin that flare up from time to time. all blood pathology has come back normal apart from having past signs of a positive EBV infection (and I’ve had a lot in the last 6 years). my quality of life is nothing compared to what it used to be 6 years ago and every day is a struggle not only physically but mentally due to strain of not feeling well. im 24 and feel like im 90. I’m a shadow of the person I used to be. the daily symptoms are muscle aching, ichy skin around my abdomen and back, pains in lymph glands and chronic fatigue. i feel like im going crazy all consultants seem to do there basic checks and once they come back normal as nothing shows in my urine cultures (as I don’t currently have an acute flare up as I’ve been with the same partner for 5 years) they discharge me or brand me with health anxiety and i feel like i have no trust in consultants as they make money for simple checks and get you out the door as soon as possible. i have figured out that the only time get a flare up that makes the discharge and the closing of the meatus (urethra head) is when i change sexual partners but the infection is dormant until this point. i have had a cystoscopy which has shown no area of concern although i think the camera automatically goes past the point of where the red patch is once inserted. im extremely exhausted and just want my old life back. i know there is more pressing matters to worry about in the world and worse things to have but it is stopping me form living. any help would be much appreciated as i would do anything for a diagnosis and a treatment plan and to be taken seriously. The only treatment that helps ever time I get this flare up doxycycline however it doesn’t clear it all up as it leaves me with pain in my groin due to the reactive lymph node that is still very present and these two red/yellow/white patches on each side of the meatus. I have sent the last post stating some said a shot of rocephin and a course of doxycycline worked for them but I’m unsure if there symptoms are similar to mine. Any advice would be much appreciated and thanks for reading.

• Posted

Hey Greg!

How's your condition now? I also have the similar redness inside my meatus. What did the doctor tell you during physical examination of the meatus? Its giving me emotional discomfort more than the physical one. Kindly update.

Thanks!

• Posted

same symthoms did you get anyone cured?and did you get any positive result?

• Posted

has anyone here taken a herpes test in the first two months with a negative result? im worried i was given a herpes test too soon. igG antibodies take at least 2 months to be detectable, which is what is needed to be accurately tested.

• Edited

i just read about hpv being a potential cause of urethritis, unfortunetly theres no fda approved test for men in the states

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.