Request for Forum User Feedback

Posted , 36 users are following.

Hello,

We recognise that recent changes to the forums have not worked for all users. Therefore, we are now planning an update to improve users experience of the forums. As part of this we are requesting that you please add your requests or ideas that are your highest priorities as a reply to this discussion.

Once we receive a suitable number of suggestions we will put these into a survey where users can then vote for the change(s) they would most like to see in the update. Once we have the results we will do the required changes and share these with you for any comments before we release to the site to ensure we have got it right.

There are some things we cannot do such as removal of ads as they fund the site, reinstate emails for every post and reversion to old format of the site. All other constructive suggestions to improve the forums will be considered.

While we may not be able to do everything that is suggested in this update we will take note of users input in deciding priorities.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Patient

23 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank you for the e-mail

It is getting hard to get use to the site. But I am getting use to it. I wish there was a way to get the email in my email because when I answer someone I go back to the email to make sure I'm telling them the right thing.

Thank you....Ken

• Posted

I welcome the lower number of emails that I now receive.

I simply access the Forum Posts that I would previously linked with via emails from the "Notifications" link once I am logged on.

I was doing this more and more anyway as a means of how I responded on a daily basis to new forum posts, so essentially, it has helped me to achieve what I was already working towards.

In brief, the changes have worked well for me.

There seems to be nothing that I miss.

However, what is listed in "Notifications" seems a little erratic - some days there are relative few, then the following day there are a number that are "2 days ago" and "1 day ago" which is not what would seem to be expected based on what I saw the previous day.

The other thing that most often seems unavailable is the ability to edit responses that I have just posted.

Yes it is annoying that although I try to check before posting, typos and things I meant to have included could have been attended to following posting, but the Editing facility seems to be most often unavailable as simply the icons for this are NOT present

• Posted

Hi Wee_Dugie,

Re the Notifications and timing - I have noticed this myself but it only appears to be weekends when there are delays for me. I have reported this and it is being investigated.

Re the Edit - the edit icon should be on all of your own posts until the post receives a reply. I cannot check this easily on the live site as I have it on all posts as an admin. Can you have a look at this post by you and let me know if it is there for you please.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/red-spot-739804?page=0#3725355

Also next time you post, if the icon is not there once posted try refreshing the page (Ctrl/F5) and see if that helps. If this does make it display I'll report as a bug, ie not showing immediately.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, I have checked the link and the Edit icon is present - I have tried the Reload Page facility on the browser but honestly cannot remember whether that restored the icon or not. I am a Mac user.

I will try to pay more attention to this in the future

Thanks

• Posted

I have just found an example of where the icon does not appear - this is the link:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/swollen-bump-on-penis-740036?page=0&id=8586092016296588597|355bb045-9d7b-4684-a898-1f8ebc011696&iitt=VksrRfn-hIsNbfYX4.HAxIxJxZllhFoJtfHZbdbA4ubj4FVJ4uYpbfxp&utm_source=exponea&utm_campaign=Forum%20New%20Reply&utm_medium=email#3726353

so the circumstance is that I have spotted a typo to a previous reply I posted yesterday, and ideally would like to correct it.

I have tried Reload on the Browser, and F5 and it refreshed but no edit icon.

On THIS page, I can edit the response I have just created to you as the icon is there.

Should the icon actually be present on the link page I example here?

• Posted

That link takes me to the reply to your post. The edit icon will not appear on your initial post in that discussion because it has had a reply. The icon will go as soon as your post gets a reply so it should only be on any of your posts that have not been replied to.

I have this morning done a lot of posting as a non-admin user in our test site and the icon is appearing when expected. The main issue to check while posting is the Edit icon is there immediately after posting. This function was introduced mainly for this reason, ie user spots a typo once it is posted and can go back in straight away to correct it.

• Posted

Okay, what you describe was present with a subsequent posting immediately afterwards - so I now see the functionality of what you are describing

Thanks again

• Edited

absolutely would be ideal if had a search box per thread or something along those lines

• Posted

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback. I have asked for the general search to be improved for forum use, ie ability to search on exact phrases etc but will also note your suggestion for per thread searching.

Regards,

Alan

• Edited

Showing the name of the user under the "last reply" can be very helpful.

It helps the users avoid unnecessarily clicking in threads. Especially if the last response is theirs.

• Edited

Since the recent introduction of Security and Log-On measures I am receiving very few responses from the Forum Posts that I respond to - so for example, prior to the measures I would say I would get responses from 3 or 4 out of 10 that I have made a Reply to, this is now down to more like 1 out of the 10.

I have been a responder here for over 3 years now and I believe the information I give in response is often based on my own experiences - particularly skin conditions of the genitals, that no other responders have practical experience of, and this has made my participation worthwhile as no one else has provided similar insights and detailed suggestions on what to do.

As I say, this has previously made my participation worthwhile, however, I need to severely question whether spending between what is up to two hours daily putting together the often very detailed responses that I have historically provided on this site.

Yes I can see why security and Log-in measures were needed, but if current response rates continue I would have to suggest the time I spend on here seems of too-low a benefit for others for me to continue = lots of effort from me, for seemingly very low beneficial impact, or certainly, response rate from those I Reply to .....

• Posted

Good morning

I have been on this site for over 7 years and I have been trying to help all men with what every problem that they have but if you send a private message to someone you do not get there reply in your email. To me this is a problem.

We use to have that but now being they have change the site. You have to keep going back and forth to the notifications to see if anyone gets back to you. I wish it would go back to the way is way so we can get our own messages so we can help the men out there that need help and someone to talk to

God bless and take care.....Ken

• Posted

Ken, on the Forum Posts I saw for a period there was considerable 'spam' from people trying to sell products or services to males with dubious relevance - it would seem these practices no longer occur on the Forum.

However, 'joke' and down-right abusive responses, and multiple responses still do occur - so, part of the 'problem' has seemingly been addressed, while individual responses from those with untoward motivations still occur on a regular basis.

And yes, I agree, I had to change how I got my messages and I change basically from email alerts to the Formal " Notifications " listing for the Forum - with the inherent problems this has, such as when the site is updated or disrupted in some manner causing a back-log of New Discussions that have not been responded to.

In these COVID uncertain times - please do Take Care Out There - Doug

• Edited

Hey Buddy

I wish we could get the people to send us the PM It would make it much easier. But until they figure it out we will just have to do what we can

God bless and take care of yourself....Ken

• Posted

Hi Wee_Dugie,

If your point is users are not replying to your posts then this is beyond our control. If you are not receiving emails for replies then let me know and I can get this investigated. Emails are now only sent when someone directly replies to one of your posts or when a PM is sent. I have asked that the previous system of emails being sent for new discussions and all replies in threads you are following are reinstated but there are other priorities at the moment. You can check for these using your Notifications page in the forums. The site hasn't been updated or disrupted since the log in changes so notifications will be up to date.

Regarding "joke and abusive" responses, I delete these and deactivate users where I see them but if you come across these then use the Report link to let me know and I will action.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

The point I am making is that since the introduction of additional security measures far fewer people are responding to my replies - what I am wondering is if more are either 'looked out' of their accounts or simply cannot be bothered to navigate the security measures that are in place now?

So for example, yesterday (Sun 14th Mar) I replied to around 14 new Forum Posts, I have not even 1 email alert to say any of these have in turn responded to me.

The questions anyone would ask is am i wasting my time, and is there any point in continuing with this.

I wonder if any other regular Forum Responders have raised similar issues from the different Forums that exist across this site?

Regards, Doug

• Posted

Hi Doug,

It is beyond our control as to whether users reply or follow up. The forums generally are a lot quieter than they have been in the past which I have passed on with a request for the forums to get attention. However, there are other priorities at the moment. It is your decision as to whether to continue, all I can say is I hope you do as I know users appreciate your posts. I will pass on comments and ask if there are any forthcoming plans for the forums.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hey Buddy

I have the same problem. I sent and answered about 7 or 8. I use to answer more. I do get replies from men but nothing get to my email.The other day I got 8 that I had to replies to but got not one in my email.

I wish it was like it was before Ken

• Posted

Good morning

Why can't we get any PM replies like we did before. It would make this a whole lot easier. Please help get this handled

Ken

• Posted

Hi Ken,

I have asked the developers to check your account and it was showing as "Invalid email" for some reason. I'm not sure if this is related to your previous issues but the emails should start coming through again. Keep an eye in spam folder if they are not in your inbox.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hey Alan

Thank you very much. I will keep a eye on it and see what happens. You have always been there for me.

Thank you and I hope you are staying safe........Ken

• Posted

Thanks for your response Alan - I remember all-too-well being stuck in the days before the internet even existed with severe issues I had with my penis as a young man.

If I can help even one person per-day to not go through the distress I experienced as a typical UK male who would not even think of going to my doctor, then my efforts are worthwhile.

Only, currently I am having to use a much broader 'scatter-gun' approach on this site at the moment - it seems the more I respond to the less Forum Post responses I get ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.