Right sided upper chest pain when moving or pushing down on chest

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have really bad health anxiety and for the past few weeks my upper chest has been hurting/aching when moving my head or neck or shoulder certain ways. It hurts to press down it feels almost brusied but it's not.it's mostly right under my collarbone. Has anyone else had this????I'm terrified of lung cancer and I'm only 33sad

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As a trial why dont you try pepcid ac for two weeks and just see in case its GERD. I had terrible fullness and discomfort a long time ago and when i bent it was worse it was GERD. Another avenue here is if there is yeast involved. So also get a culturelle probiotic and take it daily. Just a trial and error kind if thing.. Also do not sleep flat, prop your head up a bit. It can be muscular but this is worth a try as well. I was shocked gerd could cause so much discomfort but it did. Apparently the acid irriates the lining and shoots all different places and pain radiates so it is possibility. Feel better
    • Posted

Thank you. I did have really bad chest pain after drinking chamomile tea and I got some relief when I made myself burp. I had acid reflux really bad years ago for along time and then after I had my daughter it never came back. Could Gerd cause your chest muscles to be sore and feel bruised when pushing on it and moving certain ways?
    • Posted

My health anxiety has been worse in the last 5 months then it's been my while life and I can't get out of it. I went for an emg and ncs and neurological exam yesterday, I had blood work atleast 4 times in 5 months and they tell me everything is normal. But every ache and pain I think it's serious. The chest pain has me thinking i have lung cancer and for 5 months I was convinced i had ms I google symptoms for hours everyday and it's so real to me. I don't even feel like myself anymore. I cry everyday.
  • Posted

Hello,

I read your post before, and I wanted to say, I had similar issues to you. I did a CBT course and it really helped me. I also made a rule for myself, leave the pain for 2 weeks before you go to GP. Good rule, cos it goes away before 2 weeks usually.  Stress can cause all the stuff you are getting, no one gets lung cancer at 33

• Posted

I have a disability and spinal injury.

I keep on falling and breaking ribs.

I was told I had costochondritis.

It causes pain when I move.

The pain was really bad this morning and I felt awful.

I feel better when I lay down.

Just tired of it.

• Posted

Well as long as you don’t faint.. or turn blue really You need to think about how you move.

I have to use my chest muscles because I cannot turn my head because of surgery I had.

I try hard not to fall but I cannot see where I’m going.

I know what it’s like to have a collapse lung. It’s awful.

Also my lungs are weak because of the disability I have,

I don’t go to the doctor much.

But chostocondritis is super painful.

• Posted

I’m feeling this right now...it’s my whole chest but it feels sore but I only feel it when I move did you get any answers to your post I to am a anxiety sufferer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.