Rotten smell after male ejaculation inside of my vagina

Posted , 110 users are following.

Some one pleas help explain what is causing my boyfriends cum to smell so bad inside of me?! Sometimes it takes a week for it to fully leak out of me! Sometimes I feel like it rots in there and then leaks out. It smells so bad!!

I need advice as to what is causing it and how to get rid of it? I will do anything accept duche because I was told it isn't healthy, thanks in advance !

3 likes, 121 replies

121 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm noticing the same smell as well but it's only my son's dad that happens with. I've had other partners and this does not happen so I'm wondering if it's our bodily fluids that just don't mixed right. Before I thought it was BV so I took the medicine and the smell went away in a few days but when we have sex again, the same thing happens all over again. I mean I'm washing and scrubbing my vjay jay to make sure it's clean but when his semen is linking out, I can smell it and I think others can smell it too. I just don't think it's BV all the time, I'm thinking it's him. Please give me some advice anyone who is having the same issue or a medical professional.

Thank you 😊

• Posted

He might have an STD, you should inform him so that he can get tested. Discharge and itchiness are all signs that something is wrong. If you only getting it from him, then I would say he is the problem!
    • Posted

He can be carrying it , or it can be just your chemistry , bv , does have a fishy smell , but bodily fluids carry the smell of whatever your body ingested , see a dr, chances are, it's nothing & if it is there's antibiotics , & he has to take them too or you'll keep getting it.

• Posted

Also take into count your period , just cuz you stopped bleeding, doesn't mean there's not stuff left over , that smells all on its own

• Posted

Hello. Reading these threads assures me that I am not alone on these issues. Ladies simply put it sucks a$$ to deal with this but hey I guess it's all part of life.  I know we all have our experiences and are different but I wanted to share my personal experiences.  I apologize in advance if I offend any woman out here, definitely not my intention. 

Ok so I have had both scenarios. I have been in a committed relationship with a man and have had BV and also have been in what I thought was a monogamous relationship only to find out that boyfriend was out screwing women he met on online hookups apps.  Keep in mind both situations I didn't use protections because both men could not have children, we discussed sexual history( partners, tests, etc) and lastly I was in a committed relationship.  So let's start with relationship #1, I'll call him Brendon. Sometimes, not all the time when he and I would have sex I would get that fishy smell which turned out to be BV. My obgyn explained to me that some men and women bodily fluids don't "mix well" per say and so a BV is one result.  My boyfriend would cum inside me every single time (again no condom and no chance of pregnancy). Now relationship #2, let's call him Mitch. Mitch also couldn't have children and since I was in a monogamous relationship we didn't use condoms (no I wasn't in a relationship with both me at the same time, these are years apart). Well I slept with Mitch not knowing he had slept with a multitude of different women (unprotected sex and cumming inside these women-yes I spoke to each of them to confirm)  and got the fishy smell. I realized that because of the different bodily fluids with different vaginas and because he drank a lot of alcohol and ate poorly mixed with his semen all into my vagina made it smell bad. Ugh?! I know! I'm disgusted just writing about this! Luckily and unfortunately I recognized the smell immediately and knew something was up. I got the medicine for the BV which then transferred into a yeast infection and got the medicine for that and now I am finally back to my normalcy. And yes he is also back to the curb. It sucks ladies.  I just wanted to share my personal experiences and thoughts on what I went through. Again I know our vaginas are all different but it's good to know that we aren't alone . Take care ladies! 

• Posted

Not really sure where to start with all this but if I just have the gas I would say maybe try to use several like something like a rubber or something like that so that way it's not there and I can't call you that me and my wife have run into some of the same issues to where order forms not too long after intercourse so my best advice I could really use you because I really don't know why I would like to know why it does it too is probably like start using rubbers or something and that way it won't be left inside of you and you can live a happier life that way I guess

• Posted

Condoms can smell too , it's how our bodies react to different elements . Think about perfume , it smells different on one person than another , it's do to hormones , glands , diet... etc

• Posted

I had the same problem with my boyfriend after sex I noticed a foul smell accompanied with discharge. I went to the Dr. and they told me it was BV. Bacteria. Bacteria that I didn't have before sex, so I knew it was sexually correlated. I went to get a comprehensive testing (all STD testing) and the results came back positive for gonnohrea. Remind, I get tested every 6 months and before that I never had any type of disease. Therefore, I had both BV and an STD. I got tested last weeks after taken all my medication and my results was all normal!!! Very awful thing to go through, please tell your bf to wrap it up !!

• Posted

I had the same problem. It wouldn't happen every time, but the smell is why 1 time is too many times. About 3 weeks ago we had sex and noticed the smell. My boyfriend had diverticulitis and was treated with Cipro and flagyl. A week after he had been taking the meds I decided to try something. I had sex with him and there was no odor, What a relief. Maybe its diet or illness related. We didn't know he was having a flare when we had sex the 1st time. By the way had sex again yesterday and no odor. We will work to keep him from having a flare.

• Posted

So, I am a male, and I think I am on the sending side of this issue. I have noticed the same issue. My ejaculate doesn't smell bad initially, and the problems don't always occur... But, I think I might have some sort of cyst. I have looked into symptoms that periodically show, and I am fairly certain I have some sort of cyst, or issue in my plumbing and ductwork that is encouraging bacterial growth. This would explain the bacterial infections being passed during sex, and would therefore be us guys fault! I dont have insurance though, and cannot afford to go see a urologist.

• Posted

A cyst would cause an infection , not bv & there are free clinics all over that will let you know for sure . Also , if there was a cyst , you'd have pain & possibly a blockage .

• Posted

My advice To U. I highly suggest for U to use condom on Ur future sexual inter course.

1st, U need to go to Ur Doctor & have a complete blood STD/AIDS testing.

2nd, if U are possitive for anything Ur Doctor will prescribe U medication for it. Then U must follow Doctors advice it's extremely important that U do that. If Ur test is positive Ur will ask to inform all the partner U have sex with since Ur last testing & they need to be tested as well. This is to prevent dominos effect.

3rd If Ur result is negative. U got lucky. U dodge the death sentence for AIDS. USE CONDOM AT ALL TIMES.

• Posted

This happens to almost all women when their man ejaculates inside of them. It is absolutely awful and is almost impossible to get rid of with bathing alone. As long as this odor only happens when he ejaculates inside of you, you have nothing to worry about. For me it's something I can't stand so after sex I have a home made natural duche by the tub and I rinse the inside of my vagina out. It has completely stopped the odor from appearing at all! It's been a god sent!! I remember thinking it was only me it happened to but if woman are honest it happens to many!! Nothing is worth walking around with that odor. Gawd, I wish men had to deal with some of these things!! Btw, it's simply the way our body fluids interact that causes it. It's not you at all! Hope this was helpful.

• Posted

Me to its horrible and we been together 15 years but only last 6 months why ?
    • Posted

Could be your age, ovulation , diet , his diet, every 5 yrs your chemistry changes , smells , taste buds , sometimes feelings , & definately perceptions , everyone should see a dr at least once a yr , even if it's not an obgyn, you can express your concerns & go from there . The body is an individual , case by case basis & 1 person is not like the next ... know your body , be safe , & protect yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.