Rough Spotty Glans when blood is pushed to the penile head

Posted , 30 users are following.

Hi, I have now had this problem for around 8 months and found no diagnosis or solution to this problem. The texture is normal when fully flacid however as soon as even a small amount of blood is squeezed to the glans the texture becomes rough and spotty, see pictures for reference.

It started when I had unprotected oral with a woman I met on a night out, beginning with a small number of spots and then spreading over a few days time to the entire glans and has remained like this ever since. At first there was a slight burning sensation while urinating and my testes were sore to touch however that passed in a couple of weeks but the rough spotty texture on glans has remained.

I have tried several creams and also antibiotics including: Fusidic acid/Hydrocotisone cream, Amoxicillin pills, Terrasil balanitis relief, Canesten HC and also washing with aqueous cream twice a day and cleaning with only water taking care not to irritate with shower gel. None of this has worked and the problem remains. I have been to the gum clinic and been tested for everything which has come back negative. Please if anyone else has had this problem before and sorted it help me out, it is constantly in the back of my mind and really starting to depress me, a diagnosis would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

2 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I must admit John, looking at your photos on here your glans looks totally normal to me. Mine is exactly the same, and has been for years. If you've had tests from the GUM clinic and they've come back clear I wouldn't let it worry you.

• Posted

Thing is my glans used to be perfectly smooth even when fully erect, since the rough texture has developed it no longer feels/looks normal to me.
    • Posted

Mine seems to be the opposite to yours. It looks smooth when i'm erect but with a blotchy red glans, and when it's flaccid it looks pimpled (like in your first pic). Do you have fordyce spots on your penis and they could be an extension of those. The underside of my shaft is completely covered in fordyce spots and I can only assume they are the same on my glans. I have learnt to live with them, tests for me came back all clear too so they maybe occur as we get older? I will try to take a picture of my glans head later to compare if you wish, it may put your mind at ease!

• Posted

No fordyce spots, this only occured after the encounter. Started with a few spots and spread over a few days time then remained constant.
  • Posted

It does look a little bit unusual, but not really that strange.  Everyone's penis seems to be different, and if you've already been tested for everything, it may be something you just have to live with.  As I said on this thread, "we're all different and that's ok" :

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/rough-wrinkled-cracked-and-scaly-skin-on-penis-head-pictures--565038

If you or the doctors find a solution, or if it just goes away by itself, please let us know, but it's not something you should get depressed about.

• Posted

I will keep trying different stuff I guess to see if the condition improves will report back if I find something.
    • Posted

Please update for us guys going thru the same thing... the only discussions that describe my symptoms exactly, such as this one , always seem to be inconclusive... I'm stressed about my current situation(exactly the same) and would love to find answers

• Edited

I've gone through an almost identical situation.  I slept with a girl who later found out she had bacterial vaginosis (something apparently guys can't get).  I developed a rash on my glans which I managed to cure with polysporin, however my glans seems to have a bumpy texture when erect now.  My theory is that it's just some kind of scarring from an episode of balanitis.  If you're like me, it's hard to accept the appearance after knowing what it looked like previously, just stay positive and try to accept that your body changes with age.

• Posted

I have the exact thing as what the pictures look like, and about 2 months ago I got balanitis and it finally cleared up a few weeks ago and now I have this, so your theory may have some truth to it. Did you ever find anything else out?
  • Posted

Did you ever find out the problem or is it still on going????
    • Posted

did anyone ever figure out anything from this? I have literally the exact same thing as the pictures, and it all happened after balanitis.
  • Edited

I have exactly the same thing  that started after a similar encounter been tested for sti all came back negative was wondering if you also have lower stomach pain. or aching testicles . as you say it all started after a certain event so I’m interested in your progress 
    • Posted

I had some pain in testicles for about a couple of weeks however that passed without any treatment but the bumps remained.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.