Second knee

Posted , 17 users are following.

well it is 5 days since the second knee and thankful I am home. I had forgotten how really painful it is or I might not have gone through with it again. Hardest part is getting up and down from my bed. Just felt like reaching out and talking to people who understand.  My sister is here helping out my husband so have great care. Just hurting.  Cathy

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well Cathy I understand the pain this is the first and I hope the last. Had a R partial knee replacement the left knee is bad but I will put off as long as I can. I was fortunate my sister in law came to stay for the past 49 days because my husband is receiving treatment for cancer. She has been s blessing. It is good to talk to people experiencing the same thing. Thanks for sharing, we are not alone!
  • Posted

God Bless you. In a few more weeks you be walking and everyday that passes you feel less and less pain. Wishing a speedy recovery.

J-21370

• Posted

Hi Cathu

Well it's the second one so you know you will get there wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

Brave soul, having 2nd knee done. Not sure I will ever be that brave as knee 1 is still not right and back to hospital for MUA next week. But I'm in the minority I think, most never need such help. At least you know more of what to expect this time, the first time is quite a shock as you know to expect pain but I never expected the severity and how long it went on even with meds.

?Maybe time helps us forget. Good luck and every day is a day nearer healing x

• Posted

Cynthia, I am with you 100% I think Cathy is brave also. Although I know I will have to have my other knee done I am praying that it is no time soon. Everyone keeps telling me that this is one of the worse surgeries that a person can have and I believe them. Just praying that when the time comes I will be ready!!
    • Posted

i waited until I forgot the pain enough to do it again. I recommend that as once you get the second done you are hopefully done. 
  • Posted

It's very early days yet . You got over your first knee , and you will get over this one . I know it can be very painfull for some , I am one of the lucky ones my pain was not unbearable , and I was able to do lots of physio . It wasn't pain free by any means , but judging by what some on here have had to put up with I think I am very fortunate . It's 5 days since your op  so with luck in 300 days this knee will be as good as the other  . 🙂

• Posted

I know how you feel. I had my second knee exactly three months after my first. I am 8 weeks post op, so I am through the worst. Good luck. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Jan 
    • Posted

Jan had the right band feeling home from your first knee when you had your second one done? I still have it 7 weeks post op
    • Posted

Yes I still feel the band. I don't know if it is permanent or not. I am just hoping for the best

• Posted

Cathy, sorry to hear you're in such pain.  Was your first one really painful too?  Mine wasn't (done 1st March) so I'm desperately looking forward to getting the date for the next one and hoping it might just be a similar experience, although I know people say that having both knees done can be different experiences!

Glad you've got such good care - that helps enormously!

• Posted

Chris I think my pain level the same for both knees. So if you're up for the second get it done. 

• Posted

AHA - EXCELLENT:-))))))  Thanks Cathy!:-))))  Just what I wanted to hear:-))))  I'm waiting for my letter every day at the moment, with my date for the next knee to be done!  Every time the postman comes I'm excited and then disappointed when the letter isn't there, but if it's not here with the post on Tuesday I might just check with the hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.