Severe disability premium ESA.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi, 

Has anyone any experience of claiming the severe disability premium of ESA and if so how long it took to process from them receiving the forms back?.

Thank you.

x

1 like, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi

many thanks for the reply Gill. didn't realize it was that early. seeing as I seem to fit criteria I shall go for it as they say.

just had visions of having go for another f2f for it. marvelous isn't it when you have to find out this way.

makes you think what these so called advisors are being paid thousands of pounds a year for. thousands of pounds to NOT do their job. couldn't make it up could you. anyway thank-you very much for that. be good.

freda.

• Posted

oh i know, they say it's not thier job to tell us what we're entitled to, it's up to us to find out for ourselves, but it's £61.85 a week extra, so i'm not surprised they don't announce it.

Get on the phone asap.

x

• Posted

Just noticed your post.

The 'advisors' at the jobcentre are not there to advise you but are simply there to make sure that you abide by the rules. No civil servant and certainly not those who work for the DWP are going to look at your circumstances and tell you what you should be claiming and how to go about it. Heck, they are there to ensure that the least amount of money goes out.

As for the 'jobcentre' - since when was it place or centre that would advise/offer/advertise jobs?

• Posted

Hi I am in same situation as yourselfs.

Gill50535 did you manage to get it???

I really need help&advice.

Can someone help

• Posted

Hi, well i rang them this morning to see if they had recieved my is10 form and they had, the lady said it normally only takes up to 6 working days to process once it's with the claim handler and if iv'e not heard anything by thursday iv'e to ring back..

• Posted

Yeah same situation really they got mine 29th July this is 6th working day still not been done rang twice..

I just really want to know If there going to allow it me or not!

What do u think? Do u think I should give them another ring? They did say there going to 'text' me but they didn't dvsm bother texting to let me know they received the application!

• Posted

well it's not really a case of them allowing you or not, if you qualify then you qualify, they can't deny you it.

it's more a matter of how long it takes them to re calculate your esa and how far they backdate you.

but ringing them won't make them go any faster as you only ever get to speak to the contact center not the person dealing with your re calculation.

xx

• Posted

well it's not really a case of them allowing you or not, if you qualify then you qualify, they can't deny you it.

it's more a matter of how long it takes them to re calculate your esa and how far they backdate you.

but ringing them won't make them go any faster as you only ever get to speak to the contact center not the person dealing with your re calculation.

xx

• Posted

xx

• Posted

xx

• Posted

xx

• Posted

Phoned them like 10 minutes ago. Still nothing. I wonder what will happen now
    • Posted

I'm on ESA I get 125 every week. And pip which is standard daily living, I don't live with anyone, No 1 gets carers allowance for me .

• Posted

Then you qualify. That's it. you will get it. just a matter of when. x

• Posted

Hi I am on standard for pio and my husband works, he doesn't get carers allowance for me so would I be entitled to this?

I'm also about to start an appeal to be placed in the support group as I'm currently in the wrag

• Posted

hi, if you are in the wrag then no you wouldn't qualify, the rules they set for the severe disability premium is, pip care componant, (either rate) esa support group only, you must live alone and no one gets carer's allowance for you. so as it stands with you not living alone and being in the wrag then you wouldn't qualify.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.