SEX after a hysterectomy ?!?!??!?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok.... so who out there can tell me WHEN you actualy tried after your hysterectomy.

I am at 7 weeks now...

And... did you have any different feelings???  Any pain?? Discomfort??

Sex drive same, different, better, worse!?!?!

Shout out ladies... be honest!

1 like, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm 9 weeks on Tuesday & I'm quiet worried

About trying sex , my husband is very good 

I struggled with my recovery & think this is 

Part of the problem 

Iv got my hospital check up on Monday so 

I'm going to speak with consultant  & get some 

Advise .x

• Posted

I hear you Lyn... mine has been good also, it's been tough on my side too... I actually opened up 2 areas on the incision (22 staples).. I came home 2nd day and was cleaning, cooking... I was bad sad  But no one stopped me..

I have an appt. coming up too... I am going to ask her..

Come back and share with us.

Definately need UNDERSTANDING MEN at this time smile

• Posted

I was in hospital 5 days & they would have kept me in longer but I asked to go home , I had lost a lot of blood & they did not know how , which was a little worrying , I had no energy just walking to toilet & back was exhausting but I had lots of help at home so got plenty of rest , I still wish I had never had it done but they tell me in a year's time I will be a different women , it's nice the bleeding has stopped & no more biopsy or smears to go though , I'm trying to get fit but I have to get the all clear from hospital . Fingers crossed for tomorrow .x
    • Posted

Hope all goes well tomo .the fact you lost so much blood is probably. Why your so exhausted..maybe a bit anemic. Possibly. ?? Let us know if your good results tomo ..back to work for me tomo ..after having 10 days off for Xmas probably. Hasn't helped me #brewing over the op for the 9th 😌 x
    • Posted

Hi Lyn, sorry you have had such a rotten time of it.  You need lots of healthy food, fruit and veg to build up your iron levels and then spoil yourself silly.  Good luck for tomorrow. Warmest Wishes Jacqui 
    • Posted

WOW LYN... ALL THE BEST!

I TOO HAD A FRIEND THAT HAD SEVERE BLEEDING DURING PROCEDURE.. SHE RECEIVED BLOOD.  SHE WAS SOOOOOO WORRIED AFTER THEY TOLD HER.

SHE ALSO HAD AN IRON PROBLEM AFTER... VERY WEAK... SHE IS A TINY OF A THING TOO.

BUT SHE WENT BACK TO WORK .. 1/2 DAYS FOR A FEW WEEKS.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!  REST... REST... REST... OH... AND REST smile

• Posted

I agree Jacqui... LOTS of iron rich foods.. and SPOIL YOURSELF!!!  smile

We are all thinking of you here!!!!!!   smile

One of your "hyster-sosters" Mary smile

• Posted

Iv been on 600mg of iron a day since my op

So I'm hoping my results will be good tomorrow

Thankyou everyone , it's good knowing 

You are not on your own .x

• Posted

Good...keep it up! You are so welcome Lyn.. and THANK GOD we have each other to here to vent!

I showed my husband our site... he thinks its cool!  He said WE WOULD KNOW BETTER smile   and WE DO!

FEEL BETTER SOON!

• Posted

I needed transfusion in surgery and again on the ward and my iron is still low.

Good luck tomorrow x

• Posted

Hi Lyn, sorry to read you've had a tough recovery so far but I hope that you get hte results you want fromt he hospital tomorrow xx
    • Posted

I refused a transfusion because I give blood and they won't let you do it again if you accept blood but I'm getting there now .x
    • Posted

I didnt know that..  Good thing to know.. I am 2 gallon plus, and I don't want to stop giving.

That must have been scary for you though...... I'm glad you are coming around!!!!  smile

• Posted

Hi i had my hysterectomy in june and had a 6lb tumour removed of my ovaary so had lot took out and i still havent had sex frightens me to death the thought of it 
    • Posted

Oh you poor thing .have you had both your ovaries removed ..thats something. I'm hoping. To be keeping as far as I know .are you recovered now or stil suffering I was hoping to be on the mend if possible. After 6 months 😞 x
    • Posted

Wow... I am not too "keene" on it myself...

I think he understands.. he just says " I miss you"...

I had mine in November... I go back to work first day tomorrow.. I am nervous enough about that... I notice when I sit a LONG TIME I get side pains... I think I'll have to get up once in a while..

Sex kinda worries me a bit too right now... had too much done in there myself, lol...

Let me know when you get there... I will too!  No hurries on my end, lol

• Posted

Hi ive had all tickle tackle out lol only mi fluff left  recovered ok scan still numb bellys got an over hang now and by the end of most days i look pregnant worst part is i went into full menapause horrid x

• Posted

Hi denise i wont be rushing trust me puts me about lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.