Sex and lichen Sclerosus

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Ladies, Sex with my husband recently was a bit of a disaster.  It is just too painful, I haven't been using a vibrator or anything to keep the area open, which is a bit of a shame, so I don't know what to do now, I guess I will just have to do it!!   I just find the whole idea such a drag, and yet it is important especially as my husband is six foot four and not small in any area, so I should have been doing  that really.  I don't know, I have other health issues that I am dealing with, and I just let that slide really.  

Also, sex now has to be planned,  and has to be  slow, careful, more cautious.....its hard to imagine that I will never be able to have spontaneous, hot sex again.  Fortunately,  my husband is very understanding, (but then so am I, as he is certainly not perfect) so that is a  plus, as I know for some women, this can put a terrible strain on their relationship.   Because it is not just the mechanics of sex, it is the intimacy, closeness, that partners feel when making love, it's what binds relationships together, and when that disappears, its hard to adjust, and hard to adjust to a new and different way of making love.  And, a different way of being with your partner, who goes from being your lover to more like your best friend that you hang out with...

So I am feeling like  I can't be bothered to have sex anymore, knowing that it will cause me such pain and discomfort...I have not ruled out the possibility of having the Mona Lisa Touch some time next year, but at the moment I want to wait and see how this treatment is working before going ahead with it.

How is your sex life with Lichen Sclerosus?

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Gupppy....does the clitorus ever get back to normal?  I would be extatic if it did.

How do you get it to be normal?  I haven't seen normal for a very long time . Years.

I actually feel like a freak

• Posted

Sheila, the problem is we all react differently to treatment, what works well for one person, may not work well for another.  When I have had  a problem in the past, usually after about a week of treatment, morning and night, I am back to normal.   I am fortunate that it is not covered over, in fact my Vjay looks normal, but, of course, it is not, there is nothing normal about it. I know that some women have had surgery to recover their clitoris, it depends on how bad it is.
    • Posted

Hello

Has anyone heard of the 'one shot' medicine?  Apparently its a treatment to rejuvinate the vagina and make things normal.  Any feed back would be appreciated on this.

Thanks.

• Posted

Wow! I have never heard of a 'one shot ' medicine but I would be very interested .  Pease let me know if you hear anything.
    • Posted

There is a clinic in Harley Street London DRSW Clinic who gives these injections.  Take a look at the web site.  
    • Posted

It is called the 'O shot' not one shot as I said earlier.  There is a lot on the internet about it, but I want to get myself as near 'normal' before thinking of any other treatment.
    • Posted

No I havent, the only treatment that I was slightly interested in, is the Mona Lisa Touch, but I haven't heard enough positives about this to contemplate trying it just yet. 
  • Posted

The inventor of this medicine is a USA doctor Dr Gunel who now teaches other doctors the technique.  Apparently, it is has a lot of good feedback but sounds awful having injections into your cliteroris!
  • Posted

Hello Gupoy007!or anyone else on here. Your input and expertise on dealing with LS would be greatly appreciated! My wife was diagnosed 2 weeks ago at age 38 and is devestated understandably. Especially after the first response of googling pictures and people s comments about how bad it could get. That wasn't less than comforting, and also not a full and accurate picture of all the brace women that deal with his lurking menace of an autoimmune diseaseZ

I'm doing all of the research as it's something I'm good at and it keeps her stress down and positivity up, which I understand is a key part as well as diet.

Questions of someone reads this:

1) How important is diet and avoiding alcohol / wine and certain foods for controlling and improving LS? Can you reccend some cookbooks like the candida cookbook or other resources?

2) Have any of you been to the vulvar health center in Portland OR and any feedback? They're supposed to be the best in the west so would love to hear your thoughts on that or other clinics west coast.

3) Sex - adventurous and able to adapt, but it's important for us and something that really angers and devestates her, making stress and depression and giving up on treating it worse (which I know is the worst possible path to take as it leads to the worst cases online). How have any of you made this again a vibrant and healthy part of your lives. Tips for vanilla sex as well as others greatly appreciated if you're willing to share, I appreciate the support.

4) Any other things key to looking into - One Shot, etc.

She is young and it's not far along, so

Hopeful with enough care and support and research we can / she can have a normal life and we can enjoy each other for years to come. She means everything to me, I love her deeply and want to help her. As I don't have the same equip down south, I'm turning to your experiences and asking for sinceerw help if you have ideas. Just want my family to have joy and stay together in support and love and fight through the nasty depression and despondency she is experiencing with her.

Thank you!

-Husband of an LS spouse and Dad.

• Posted

Hi, with regard to diet many women do better gluten free. It appears gluten can trigger some of the nasty symptoms like itching that can occur with LS.  Also sugar is another major problem and so too much of anything with sugar in can often trigger a LS flare up! and so those are really the two main things to watch out for in her diet. 

I found that inserting a vibrator covered with K Jelly just before sex actually helps, things go better after that.  Also it is easier if the man lets the women guide him in gently as often women with LS have a band of skin right at the entrance to her Vjay which is agony if caught, that was my main problem and once you can get past that spot it feels better.

Other tips would be to make sure she uses something like emu oil or coconut oil before bed to keep her Vjay lubricated during sleep as one horrible symptom of LS is fusing and this helps stop this happening.

• Posted

I just sent you a long reply not sure where it went?
    • Posted

Great suggestions. Very interesting about that painful band...that's a me too!!

• Posted

Hi guppy and all. My name is Amy and I'm 19, I was diagnosed with LS last year at 18 and have been dealing with the reprecussions of it ever since. I'm feeling so frustrated and angry because I'd only just started enjoying sex and getting to know what I enjoyed sexually a few months before I was diagnosed. My current partner is super understanding so I'm very lucky in that regard but it's put a massive physical strain on the relationship and I completely understand what you mean about now just being best friends that hang out. I've always loved my body and was enjoying experiencing a confident sexual side of my personality that I'm Afraid I'll never get back. I feel so unattractive and almost mean as I can't even let my partner try any sexual acts as the LS has left me with fairly severe nerve damage down there. I hate having this because I'm so young and and there's so much I want to experience and no I know can understand this because none of my friends have even heard of it and it's bizzare and embarrassing to explain to them. I'm so happy I've found a chat from where I can finally vent about all this and I just want to say that everything you said in the original post is exactly what I'm feeling, you couldn't of put it into word better.

Thanks for letting me vent finally

• Posted

Hi amyroffles, 19 is young and I feel for you, but it is not the end of the world as many many women with this condition go into remission with LS throughout their lives, sometimes for years.  LS will come back, but ultimately you will have long periods without it, that I do know.  I think you will have times when you will have a great sex life, and will feel better about LS.  I would read as much as you can on the subject which does actually help get things more into perspective.

I am unsure what you mean by fairly severe nerve damage down there, I have not heard that before, if you would like to explain further than please do.

Also, the best advice I can give you is to look at your diet, it really does impact LS, especially gluten for some of us, sugar is a well know trigger as well. I mention this because you are so young and it is best to cut out things that may impact your LS early on. 

• Posted

So sorry to hear Amy. keep searching there are places out there where women are fixing themselves. I'm having a go too!! xx Have a look at the alternative medicine site on here...some very specific suggestions for starters!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.