Share Your Constant Physical Anxiety Symptoms

Posted , 20 users are following.

Just wanted to make a place for us (sorry if it's already been done, I'm just a new regular so still figuring my way around these boards) to share the symptoms you have experienced at some point in your life due to mental health issues, such as anxiety, depression, etc. I think it's really helpful, especially for me, to discover someone else who's going through similar things. I generally constantly have some form of anxiety symptom going on, so I've listed them below. Please let me know if you've had anything similar or share yours too so I can have a look!

Depersonalisation 

Nausea (frequently, and often for NO reason)

Lack of appetite (my current symptom, along with nausea which was triggered by my recent flu due to hypochondria)

Headaches

Numb feeling in face

Shaky breathing

Fever

General aches

Constant stomach pain for 7 months

Bowel problems

Sensation of constantly having to move some part of my body to reassure myself that I'm alright

Eyebrow twitching

Feeling faint

Bloatedness

Gas

Shaking/trembling

Weakness

Extreme exhaustion

Chest pains

I know it's easy to pass everything off as anxiety symptoms and often difficult to tell them apart from real health problems however these have all been unexplained, and so, all because of my lovely brain.

Thanks!

5 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Very interesting to see that a lot of you have also had the lump in your throat sensation and facial numbness. Thought that was just me.
  • Posted

Intense headaches, numb feeling in face or forehead, earache, panic attacks, depersonalisation, intense chest pains, palpitations, rapid heart beat, nausea, bloated(constipation) , mood swings, sleeplessness, I'm only 24 Christ sake lol hope you are well

• Posted

I'm currently experiencing a particularly bad bout of health anxiety because I was badly ill during the weekend with a flu virus and it's totally knocked me back because I was so scared about what it was. Haven't been able to eat all week and been nauseous, and it's just spiralling because I think it's still the virus, and so, the vicious cycle of anxiety has got me: Get a vague symptom, obsess, because you're anxious and obsessed then your physical symptoms develop more. Repeat. UGH. 

• Posted

This is exactly where I am currently at, started getting sick and tried to ignore it for a day or two but eventually it took over and now I'm struggling with the same type of symptoms that I had at the beginning of all this, honestly debating upping my cit to 30 mg just to see if maybe that helps my med check drs visit isn't until nov 4th and I'm hoping I can delay moving it up but I know I'm not prepared to start over at the beginning with these symptoms it truly is debilitating and makes me wanna lock myself away and sleep it all away This has been the craziest and strangest journey I've ever went through and I'm just so impatient to get to the other side of it and be atleast mostly me again without the constant and persistent thought of being so anxious and the physical symptoms that come along with it

• Posted

Are you also having nausea and lack of appetite? Anxiety is so awful and I hate that illness has triggered this.
    • Posted

Yea that came back as well I did force myself to eat a pretty decent breakfast this morning even tho I was feeling nauseous and didn't really feel like I wanted to eat but after I finished eating I felt not so good for about 15 mins but after that I felt ok which is good I just think sometimes you gotta power through I also just started taking my buspar again but at half dose, I took that for a week on top of my celexa but it made me so dizzy so I tried to cut my dose in half then too but it didn't go away but this time I'm gonna hope it was just side effects like I had when first starting celexa and this time I'm gonna give it more than week, I just know what I went through on celexa for the first week and didn't wanna do it again lol but I guess I gotta give it time to work and hope that's what I need instead of upping the citalopram(celexa) just yet

• Posted

Thank you for this. I've had every symptom that you've listed. I'm now just having tiredness, bowel problems, and heart palpitations here and there. More people need to see they aren't alone with these symptoms.

• Posted

Lauren 56066am 25 am living in hell for two mouths now can you give me some advice please my life is a mass all gum burn my teeth feel funny shooting pain in my ear burning in my throat allway feeling sick gas and air full my body sometime feel like pain in my heart every day I cry feeling like am dying can breath properly chast pain feeling like am Nat real in side please reply

• Posted

Exhaustion, panic, sadness, heartburn, lack of appetite, weak, shaky, afraid, guilty, head stuffed up, soooooooooo tired, lack of motivation, sick feeling, no coping skills, want to hide away.
  • Posted

All the same symptons as you!

Plus:

Burning skin sensations

Muscle pains

Vision problems

Constant tiredness

Heart Palps

• Posted

Some of these are constant, and some come and go / occur randomly:

Numbness

Out of body feeling

Shaking

Dizziness

Chest pain

Palpitations

Insomnia

Fatigue

It's so awful and it's all started to come back now

• Posted

Hi my symptoms loss of strength I drop things as I lose my grip I feel very weak,

Headaches which are more like someone is stabbing a knife in my brain only ever at the right side same place every time,

Mood swings (get angry very quick)

Leg cramp,

Not being able to sleep (hard to fall asleep even harder to stay asleep)

Fear of going out on my own a lot of the times I talk myself out of going out the house,

• Posted

When i first started having anxiety back in february of this year, i didnt know what was wrong with me. I was having chronic fatigue, nauseous all the time, shortness of breath, fast heart beat, and light headed. Its so crazy cause its like i was having them in spells and then it will go away for 5 minites and come back the next few minutes. I told my mom something wasnt right and that i needed to go to the doctor cause i was bed bound almost 2 weeks cause i had too much fatigue. The doctor prescribed me paxil 20 mg and the very next day it was a big difference in my health.
  • Posted

I have become so fed up my anxiety it makes me feel like I'm dying, the tightness in my chest is so crazy it's currently the feeling I have now and I honestly always fear the worst (heart attack!!!). I also got REALLYY bad neck pain and arm pain as well as weird sensations on my chin and jaw, I literally dont know what to do but cry. I am 18!! And it's crazy that my life has become so consumed by anxiety that it's all I think about 24/7 it's always the pain that's at the back of my mind, all I do is research and get scared but realise I'm not the only one- it's hard when you're fighting alone and people think it's just a phase which occurs once, but it's the silent suffering that gets to me the most the fact that I suffer but don't tell anyone because they will only understand how difficult it is to live with if they had the same issue with themselves. It's reassuring that I'm not the only one but sad that we have to live like this until we can fight with our own minds and bodies. The strength we need is something I find so difficult to obtain, I genuinely feel defeated because anything can set my anxiety off, the finest thing. Even excitement is made into something terrible as my mind and body has become used to panicking. I honestly need help I don't know what to do it's all just getting worse for me

• Posted

I've had anxiety for many years, but just recently these are the symptoms I suffer from

Nausea, panic and shaking as soon as I wake

Stomach problems

Lack of appetite

Panic attacks

Palpitations

Fear

Tremor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.