Sinus Problems Making Me Crazy!

Posted , 25 users are following.

For a year, after a bad cold, I have suffered terribly. My face hurts, back of head pain when lying down, nose burning, nausea, tummy troubles, crippling fatigue, foggy head, ear pain, teeth hurt. I went on antiboiotics a few months ago, and the made a difference for a while, but now it is all back with a vengence. I called in sick to work today. I am soooo exhausted and feel terrible. All of my muscles ache too. Have an appetite on and off. Just feel like I've been run over by a big ole' truck and have all the symptoms of sinus problems. Can a sinus problem be this hard to cure AND make you feel THIS BAD? It's gotten to the point where I don't want to do anything and I am now experiencing anxiety and depression because of the fact I've felt so bad for so long.  I am working on irrigation and probiotics today.

Thanks for letting me vent. Anyone else feel this bad with sinus troubles? It's runing my life.

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Does anyone get really bad fatigue with this? Literally slept for 9 hours straight last night and completely wiped out today. Could barely lift my head off my pillow. In work at the moment and my eyes are so heavy and stining with pressure. They look so swollen and dry. I just want to go home, but I will get the sack for sure rolleyes

This is rubbish this sinus malarky

• Posted

Fatigue is the number one symptom that points to a sinus infection so says my doc. He says it can be debilitating. It is a real pain and sooooo hard to function with.

PS: I feel that the coconut oil is making a difference. I am taking 1 tsp three times a day and rubbing in on my face at night and up my nose too. I am taking tumeric for the fatigue

• Posted

Oh believe me, this fatigue is by far the worst thing about this whole sinusitis lark!

So I was convinced I was gradually getting better, then I had another day when I was feeling terrible and looked ill.

Like a lowgrade fever symptoms and dry swollen eyes and blowing my nose frequently again!! Grrrr!!

So at the moment it's like I have a couple of 'okay days' - as in I don't feel a hundred percent myself and still somewhat weak and weary, but I look fine to people and can function as normal and get on with my day, work/gym. Then all of a sudden i have a 'bad day'- when I look ill to others and feel like complete poo and have to either cancel work appointments or overdose on ibuprofen and decongestants and go in, but still feeling horrible.

So this is what it's like for me right now... random good/bad days I have no idea why!

• Posted

This basically sums up me today!.

Dry swollen eyes, congested, migraine, very tired from poor sleep qaulity lately and overdosed on sudafed and paracetamol just to get through work..

I had a CT scan last month and got the results Monday. Apparently all is fine, no inflammation or infection so the ENT has discharged me. I almost cried, I am far from fine!!!

I went to the doctors, went over everything again (12th time maybe) who has given me antidepressants to try for the low mood caused by all this and to rule our anxiety as I do suffer with that as well.

Literally no idea what to do now or where to turn to next rolleyes

• Posted

Any iimprovement on your exhaustion? I'm still in the same floaty head, tired beyond belef, no appetite, headache, body aches world. 

• Posted

Morning Sunnycms.

?I have found nothing that helps so far sorry to say. 

?I am 100% the same, congested, sinus headaches, can't think straight through pain, rash on my face and a new one that's scaring me - my eyesight is blurry and I keep seeing floaters through the pressure. This is grim, it's ben 14 months!! - I am literally dragging myself through the days.

?My ENT was crap (and that was private) - 100% no help and offered nothing medication or surgery wise. I got quite badly run down last week (trying sertraline) and took myself to A&E after 5 days of vomiting, shakes, insommia, confusion etc and a range of side effects ontop of the sinus issues. I was a mess. Safe to say I stopped them and it's not Anxiety causing the sinus problem.

?They done a CT scan on me when I mentioned about this sinus issue and head pressure / vision problems. Apparently I have a large cyst on my left maxillery sinus which could be causing the irritation and a deviated septum on the left as well. Got to see my GP now to arrange an appoitment for surgery to correct both. I really hope it works.

?So far the only think that has helped is tumeric pills to help with the inflammation. I am actually a little better also taking no antihistamines. After about a week of stopping everthing, I found it was easier to clear my sinuses out. 

?Have you had any joy yet?

• Posted

OMG!!! I also have a flipping cyst in maxillary sinus can you believe????

What are we gonna do now? sad(

Meanwhile, most of my symptoms have finally improved, although I still have an occasional stuffy nose and general snottage, but all on a tolerable level thankfully and it looks like I have gotten used to carrying plenty of tissues everywhere with me etc.

I honestly can't imagine myself being normal- like before my sinuses decided to gang up on me.

The fatigue is also practically gone, still get an odd day here and there, but if I push myself I'm okay and the day that follows is usually better.

In total it will now be 3 months since the start of my sinus malarkey.

Now that I finally had a scan tney discovered a flipping cyst. I have no idea what to do about it. I can't go for surgery and have to take another month off to recover. sad((

Hope you guys have been getting better! X

• Posted

I am so glad to here you are starting to get better. 

Was that as a result of surgery?

I have no idea what to do about the cyst but got a doctors appoitment next week to talk about options. From what I have read, it needs removing rolleyes

• Posted

I’m with you and I ask my creator why? I remember waking up in 2013 trying to clear my throat and felt something loged in the back of my nose and throat. I now been suffering from throat swelling up and severe anxiety caused by all this. I started going to a herbalist and has help me cope with it. I chew gum all day and it works. I feel temporary relief. Try it my friend and stay away from dairy. I feel depressed but I try so hard to just accept this lifestyle. I hope I been some help 
    • Posted

been having an extreme head fog/headache for a week and it's all due to a sinus infection it seems like. is this true? i've been using nasal spray and lots of pain reliever but there's still no let up at all? any tips to make this go away? 

• Posted

I’ve been going through very similar symptoms for about 5 months now. Chronic sinusitis has been frustrating and the constant fatigue is awful. I have been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and I’m hoping treatment for that will help everything else. I recommend everyone going in for a sleep

Study to get that checked out. I’ll check back in once I get my mask and start treating the apnea. 

• Posted

I searched on the internet for something regarding sinus infections and this thread came up. 

Been suffering three months with sinus infection.  Some of the ideas in these discussions helped me first of all to remember that I have some Colliodal Silver, secondly to make it into nose spray or drops so I did! I make my own saline then added same amount of CS and have been putting drops in my nose for two days. I also drank some and I’m going to now try to remember to take a shot of it daily.  I feel like it’s gotten better already. I’ve been extremely tired and fatigued. Drifting off as I write this but hope to finally get better. 

• Posted

I finally went ahead and  got sinus surgery 2 weeks ago. I felt so much better after surgery that I didn’t think there was any packing in there. Even though there was!!  I feel so much better already and it shows how bad it had gotten. I literally trained myself to breathe through my mouth because my nose simply wouldn’t work. I wish I would have done this last year when it was recommended. I could have saved myself a ton of aggravation 
    • Posted

Glad to read you’ve improved via surgery. It’s amazing what we accept as our normal as chronic sufferers. We just learn to live with it or learn how to manage it so that we can cope.  

I’ve suffered from such bad SI Joint pain for years. It got so bad that I’d hold myself up while doing dishes by resting my arms on the counter and putting most of my weight on them to alleviate it from my legs. After doing some housework and cooking supper I’d be so bad that I had to lay down and I’d be done in til the next day. This is with applying Diclofenac Gel and Lidocaine cream, taking Tramadol, Flexeril and Advil (which I’m not supposed to take due to having Barrett’s Disease) but I do cuz there’s nothing else so I suffer the heartburn for two days. 

I was told it’s Fibromyalgia. Sent to a Rheumatologist. Told it’s Fibromyalgia and arthritis. Just exam and bloodwork. No X-rays. No MRIs. 

Finally after four years my GYN did a routine bone density and said I had moderate to severe Osteoporosis so when I relayed that to my Rheumatologist he finally sent me to a Pain Clinic for Bone and Joint Disorders with an appt for X-rays. Two appts and an MRI later they gave me an injection and it helped so so much. I have a lot of pain and a lot of different sources of the pain but just having that one source of pain alleviated, I felt so free!! I went for so long living with that pain and lost so much time... 

Anyway, I’m glad to read your sinus issues are better! 

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. But glad you got one and was able to find some relief. It amazes me how lazy doctors are and how they just muster up crap diagnoses, or say stress related and get away with it. It’s so frustrating. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.