Slight, but weird headache in differents parts of head? Someone please?

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi!

Since a month ago i began to feel some slight, pulsing pain in different parts of head, but never in the same time in all places, Pain is very slight, but its so annoying and he is always there, it's a kind of some pressure, sometimes i feel pain in the left top of the head, sometimes in right, i feel pain in both sides of back of the head, but not at the same time. Sometimes one of my ear hurts, sometimes that's left, sometimes that's right. Am feeling some pain in my trigger points, in front of my ears. Pain usually last for only a 5 second and go away.

I don't have a vertigo, seizures, nausea, vomiting, dizzisness,

I never had this type of pain, and I had headache only when am sick.

My EKG is ok, I had do some scan of sinuses, ENT says that i have some acute sinusitis, but i dont have runny nose, temperature, pain in my throat, then ophthalmologist says that i see perfect and he didnt saw something unusual in my eyes.

I had done blood test, and my hgb is on lower limit, its 110 g/l and doc said that am little anemic. My heart puls is alwaus 85 beats per minute, even when I get up.

Is this type of pain similar for headache when people have brain cancer? 

Am hoping that someone here coud give me some answers 

Thank you.

3 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi.

I think I have similar issue. I have some spot on my head (outer/scalp) that hurts when I touch, but spot is not always the same. Most of the time, I feel the hurt the moment my head touches the pillow.

Well, I suspect everything is related to my cervical.

Hope someone could give me idea.

• Posted

Hi rockyb567,

I felt the same way. I went to a neurologist last dec. 2017 at first my nape is the one hurting badly felt like there's fire on it.. i thoughtmy blood pressure went up but its not. Then he does test for me but he diagnosed me having "Migrane Suspect".. it went well but it comes back with pain like sandra's pain on her head.. i drunk alot of water everyday but it still there.. my head also hurts when it touches the pillow like my head is to heavy.. did your head pain disappear now?

• Posted

I’d like to ask how many of us that suffer from this also smoke a lot of marijuana

How many of us seem to constantly need to crack our neck? 

And have any of us had an upper tooth extracted ?

• Posted

I have been suffering from a lot of the same feeling and yes I do in fact smoke alot of weed, I crack my neck and back CONSTANTLY and never had a tooth extracted but I've had a root canal done and got a crown.

• Posted

Wow I feel better that I’m not the only one, but sorry others have to experience this.  I have been experiencing brief, sudden sharp, but not severe pain in different parts of my head.  I don’t smoke weed at all.

I have worried about aneurysm, tumor etc, because I rarely got headaches until the last 6 months other than occasional sinus headaches.

I do have TMJ but it is mild.

I’d like to read updates on all, and whatit turned out to be.  I do see that many of these posts were from up to 4 years ago, but if you can please update.

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi, I am experiencing this as well.  It has been going on for about a week now.  One day I had a really bad migrane and now the slight headaches won't stop.  I don't suffer from migranes or headaches, so this is really concerning and upsetting.  I have been under a tremendous amount of stress the past year, so I'm hoping its that...but i'm very worried.  Did you see a doctor yet?  

• Posted

hi Sandra, did you ever get a diagnosis for your pain, I am suffering from the same thing. very small but frequent and annoying little spasms of pain in the head?

• Posted

Hi, I am having the same kind of pulsating pain in the back of my head that comes and goes, it is always right side and pretty localized. I am having it for almost two weeks, but couldnt go to the doctor yet because of the schedule. Sometimes I feel it immediately after I drink a sip of wine. I tried to take medication (ibuprofen, paracetamol, nurofen) even though it feels unnecessary because the pain is not constant, but they did not work. I am also working on my thesis now and doing my internship, so I hope it is because of stress. I am also thinking not to be a brain tumor or something dangerous. 

Did you guys find out what the cause is? Does anyone have pain in the right side only?

• Posted

I also have not made it to the doctor as yet, I don't think it's anything too serious though, maybe some sort of stress, mine is not centralised in one spot, it just comes anywhere

• Posted

Did you ever find out what this was? I have the same pain (often pulsating) that comes and goes and is always on the right side.  Initially the pain was more tightening pain, which my doctor told me was due to muscle tension in my neck.  Now the tension headaches have largely gone, but I feel the pulsating every now and again.  Everyone tells me it's from stress, but it's worrisome! 

• Posted

Hello all. I posted about 8 days ago that I was having similar symptoms. So I woke up this morning and one in the bathroom and started having numbness in my right hang by my fingers. I tried to shake it off but nothing happened. It then moved down into my palm and then to my wrist. My right side of my face also felt numb. I freaked out and grabbed my fiance and we grabbed a cab to the ER. Once there they called the stroke team to rule that out which they did. They then ordered an MRI of my brain. They said 99%sure it's nothing but we want to be safe. Of course I though the 1% would happen to me. After wait for 9 hours we finally got into an MRI machine..but only after. Y claustrophobia set in and they pulled me out to give me a relaxer. Then we were back at it and I made it through. I went back to wait in the er for an hour but it seemed like 24...just waiting for news that could shape the rest of my life. Well guess what...the doctor said all blood work and MRI was as normal as could be. Now thinking my headaches are totally because of my stress. I gotta say...I got home from the hospital and felt no headache for the first time in weeks. Sorry so long but wanted to fill you all in and say that if you are worried go get tested. It is so much better to know what is going on. Good luck everyone!!

• Posted

glad to hear your results were good, I also had MRI, CT etc a couple of weeks ago as ended up in hospital due to related thing, I have a bit of a history of nuero conditions so wanted to be on the safe side, mine also came back clear so have not been again, I am pretty sure it is stress related, I can feel in the back of my head especially towards the neck area that when I press slightly there it is tender, I am sure it is all tension/stress due to work, I noticed it was not as bad on the weekend
  • Posted

Hi! I’ve had the same weird pain in my head that you described. I’m 32 now and never felt this before. I was going through a quite sttessful period, so that might have been part of the reason I had the headache-pain. But what was causing it (I think) was a magnesium deficiency. I started taking high doses of magnesium (also cause I sometimes have muscle spasms) and after a while the headaches just stopped. Defenitely worth a try! Magnesium deficiency can cause lot’s of problems :-( hope everyone feels better soon!
  • Posted

I know this is an old thread but thought I would add some comments. Comforting to know that we are not alone with this. Caught a flu about 6 weeks ago, which is odd because I don't normally get colds or flu. Part of the flu was a dull headache (also odd as I normally don't get headaches). The slight headache sort of morphed over time into an on again, off again sensation (or pulses) of small pain sensations that appear on or in different parts of the head. Sometime they seem to move from one side of the head to the other. The sensations themselves may only last a few seconds but episodes of them can last half a day or more. These episodes can also be accompanied by other, very odd sensations that are very difficult to describe. Sometimes it is subtle, other times not so subtle. This has been going on for well over a month. 

Most of the internet research I have read that describes this kind of thing seems to point to "stress and anxiety" (which I have been under some stress for several months now). However, I've dealt with stress for 50 years and have not experienced this kind of long term thing. Of course any time something occurs that is a definite change from your normal sensations or experience, one tends to think the worst as far as what it might be - which likely will make it worse if it is indeed caused by stress.

Taking NSAIDS or aspirin does not seem to have any effect on it.

I can say that I remember getting these weird, crawling, head "pains" when I was younger, but only for very brief periods and only every great now and then.

• Posted

Update to this post - the "funny head pains" that started after two bouts of flu in the summer eventually faded away over a span of about 5 months. Still have an odd one now and then, just not constantly. Saw a doctor and they said the little momentary head pains are "harmless.." Possibly they are tiny "arterial spasms." Anyway the pains eventually subsided to the point I don't notice them much anymore...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.