Small red spot on penile head?

Posted , 48 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've had two red spots on my penis now for about a month and I'm not quite sure what they are. There's absolutely no pain or itching, nor do they seem to be getting any worse. However, they haven't healed for a month, even with me abstaining from self pleasure. They have a silvery sheen to them when put under light, and they both feel "rough" to the touch, although malleable. 

I should also note that I had not had sex at all, so any STD's aren't really viable here.

What do you guys think, is this serious, or will it pass in the next few weeks? Should I go to a dermatologist just to be sure?

1 like, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had the same thing on my penis head ans my doctor told me it was moluscum contagius and i got prescribed an ointment

• Posted

Moluscum Contagius is not even close to the same thing in OP's pictures.

• Posted

If you have the same thing as the pictures in the Original Post, try Clobetasol Ointment 0.05% for a week.

Its likely just an eczema.

If it is Moluscum Contagius, it will not work. You'll need to seek professional help, but rest assured it is still not a serious condition and can sometimes go away without treatment. - (Look at some pictures for this, because it looks nothing like OP's photo's..)

• Posted

I can't find anybody else on the internet that has the same thing. Did the thread ever figure out what this was?

• Posted

Hello tom 99040,

Balanitis is irritation of the head (glans) of your penis. It's usually caused by poor hygiene or an infection. You're more likely to develop balanitis if you're uncircumcised. Red spots, swelling, and itching are common symptoms.

• Posted

Thanks so much for all the info on here so far - I read through most of the discussion.

Just last week, i noticed something similar on my penis cap; it started out as a small red pimple, then in two days, it had grown wider and by the 4th day, there were dots (that looked pus-filled) in the grown pimple.

No itching, no discomfort of any sort, just the patch.

I have attached an image of what it looks like.

Please, kindly advice.

I am currently in a remote place and cant visit a doctor until later in the month.

Thank you

content://media/external/images/media/278793

• Posted

Mine started a month ago with a flesh colored (almost red) and slightly raised bump/papule like the photo in my penis head. Painless and no itch at all. However, 2 weeks later, small "craters" on that bump were noticeable (areas of the bump with central clearing, leaving only the raised edge. I'm pretty positive it's Anullar Lichen Planus in my case, but I'll get this checked and come back with an answer... sure hope it doesn't spread further.

• Posted

Hello concerned guys!

You have been asking the wrong person about this. You asked a doctor when you should have asked a woman. Looks to me like chafing - you know, rubbing, maybe from your clothing, maybe from something else....

I've seen this on my near & dear one. It will go away, but the skin there seems to take longer to heal than if you had it on say, your arm or leg.

Remember - most doctors just follow their training, which is to find stuff medically wrong with you. The answer is sometimes (happily) more simple!

Take care!

Dr. Pepper

• Posted

i have the same prb but now i am ok,use water,and travazol and nitrat calium and now 95% ok,i spent with doctor 1500$ but nth happend. good luck

• Posted

i have the same issue, i been reading up on this. vitamin D deficiency can cause cause eczema, has anyone checked your levels?

• Posted

Hello I have the same spot in exactly same location. I'm very much worried about this. can you tell me what is this and what to do? please it's very important.

• Posted

I have exactly the same thing. I'm going to try applying apple cider vinegar and garlic two times a day and keep it dry and see how it changes over the next few weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.