So many anxiety Symptoms

Posted , 40 users are following.

HI everyone,

Thank you in advance for reading my thread.

I have posted several times on this website under multiple boards i.e. HIV, Adrenal Fatigue etc. and am essentially looking for someone with similar symptoms to mine.

In November 2013 I had a high risk exposure to a female. I eventually spiralled into extreme anxiety thinking I was HIV positive, in fact I was sure of it. I was tested 7 1/2 weeks after exposure with a PCR and Elissa test and it came back negative. I tested again with Elissa at 4 and a half months and it was negative, I have been reassured many times by Doctors, Healthboard members and some other hotlines that I am conclusively HIV negative if I test negative after the 3 month mark, however new symptoms arising always put be back into the anxiety. For the last 8 months the following are my symptoms:

Hi Everyone,

I thank you in taking the time to read my post.

I am desperately seeking answers and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

In November I started an extremely anxious phase where I thought I had HIV, got tested with a PCR and Elissa test at 7 1/2 weeks post exposure and was negative, got tested again at 4 1/2 months and was negative. I have put my anxiety aside now but I do have major digestive issues as my body is not absorbing nutrients. Blood tests showed low iron and Vitamin D, I feel fatigue most of the time.

Symptoms Include:

1) Extreme Fatigue and sleepiness - This is recently being relieved after I started sleeping in the afternoons, sleeping has really helped my energy levels.

2)dry skin, dry mouth - Patchy skin, some scaling (could be psoriasis not sure). Dry mouth started after a few months, I was still very anxious.

3)hair falling - This is getting better as I have greatly increased with Vit D intake

4) Chronic Diahhrea and Malabsorption - food is coming out as it is and the Diahhrea has caused Haemerroids.

5) Night sweats if I have a high carb meal.

6) Left Toe is numb.

7) excessive DANDRUFF - I am able to clear it for a few days with betadine, this is some kind of Iodine thing which acts against fungus.

8) After I work out I have a delayed Post Exertion Malaise which starts on the second day of working out, I have heard this is a sign of Chronic Fatigue.

9)I have a stiff back when I get up every morning if I am not on Digestive enzymes.

I have had 3 CBC's and 3 stool tests, no sign of Candida or bacteria.

TSH, T3, T4 and Cortisol 4m all normal. No Celiac disease, ESR levels are normal.

Could the extreme anxiety for 2 months affected me in a long term way. Is there anyone else who had suffered from these many Symptoms of Anxiety ?

Thanks in Anticipation Everyone

5 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Worrying about your symptoms is of no value to you Mo. You need to take control of your anxiety by controlling your mind. This can be done  by deep breathing. Go to the library and take out books on guided meditation or yoga and breathing. They will teach you how to calm your mind through deep breathing. This will provide more oxygen to your body and you will start to feel better. It also centres your mind so that you can learn to be free of all the external stimula that is disrupting your life. Only you can help yourself, so read about these areas of yoga and meditation and how they can teach you how to control your breathing to make yourself feel better.

Or better still, join a local group where you can be among people with similar concerns and you can learn how to cope better together.

• Posted

What was your exposure? I also have the same symptoms as yours like rash, fever, cold, headache, fatigue, joints pain, coating tongue, lymph node, lower back pain, numbness, deep tiredness, so and so... Now is my 7 weeks after exposure. I plan to take HIV test at 8 weeks and three months to ease my mind. I hope the result will be negative because my partner tested negative one day after encounter. What symptoms you had beside your mention above? I have been drowning in fear and anxiety for almost 2 months.
    • Posted

HI Saty,

Sorry for the late reply. I took about 8 HIV tests, the last one I took at 8 month exposure and Im fine, as Im sure you will be as well. I had laods and laods of symtoms and though after 2 years most of them have gone, some of them have still lingered.

Thanks for responding to my thread and do let me know how you are doing.

Best Regards

• Posted

Hello

did you give HIV test?cause I had the same symptoms and also been on exteremly stressed and anxious situation for the last 2 years and I'm really afraid to go for the test.

• Posted

HI Mo,

2 years is a very very long time. I have major anxioety for only 2 months after which the anxiety slowly and gradually started coming down as I took several HIV tests to convince myself that I was negative.

You need to test yourself, I cannot stress this enough, with your current level of anxiety you will develop a permanent impairment, i.e. adrenal gland failure, diabetes etc. The diseases you get from anxiety can be incurable and that is what my doctor told me. I took several HIV tests till I was finally convinced that I was HIV free. However I had to go on anti depresents since the anxiety symtoms were aweful. I had post exertional malaise ( so I could never work out), I was constantly tired, I got up with severe back stifness and pain and my digerstive systems underperformed (I became dependent on digestive enzymes as my body was not able to absorb nutirients from the food I ate). This all happened after 2 months of extreme anxiety. I am now weaning off my anti depressents and my digestive enzymes. Please take the test, only you can help yourself, almost all your symtoms are due to stressm nothing else.

• Posted

Hi Mo786

I am in same situation for last 6 months weight loss hair fall dry mouth and instead of malabsorption i am having constipation

i am taking cipralex and multi vitamins now and feel better now but still i am getting tired in the morning.

do you have any rashes or swollen limp nodes. i am much worried. pls reply me

• Posted

Hi Abdul,

You NEED to get tested. It is the only cure you can start from.

I had rashes and swollen lymph nodes and that should be only stress.

Please note that stress can cause just about anything, so you will waste your time online looking for a solution.

Stress can cause tiredness simply because your body is constantly in a state of overdrive. ALso swollen lymph nodes can be because of stress tgough you might be imagining this. I had a big issue where I thought all my lymph nodes were swollen but it clearly was not the case and my mind was playing trick on me.

Please get the test done, it is the only way, I know it is very scary but you will see it will be nothing.

HIV is not as easy to catch as most people might think.

• Posted

Hi together.

I am 28, male from Czech Republic. Hope my english is sufficient to describe my problems. Since November 2015 I suffer with anxiety (according to my Dr.) Since December been on Cipralex, from February 2016 Mirtazapine was added. Almost all of my problems disappeared. Anyway still i suffer from DAILY malaise feeling (feeling like ill, fatigued, nauzea, ...). Is it normal? Does anybody else suffer from the same or similar? Thank you for any comment.

• Posted

Hi Neogen,

You are very lucky to have resolved most issues so quickly. The malaise also will go away with time, I got post exertion so malaise 2 days after my gym session. Maybe you are also working out or work in a physically challenging environment? If not please take my advice and sleep as much as you can, rest is the best way to relax your body from anxiety. Sleep just before 11 and try to stay in late like 10 or 11, then try to get a nap in the after noon for 2 hours and wake up before 6pm. The malaise could also be because of the medication as cipralex sometimes makes you more tired. I hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Mo.

Thank you for your words. Well, actually I work as a project manager in an Automotive company so I would say that I am opposite case - almost no physical work at all. Interesting is that my symptoms are much worse in the morning, noon and in the afternoon it goes better (not completely though). I am used to go to bed about 9pm, falling asleep within 10-20 minutes, waking up at 6am. I am very tired or fatigued (don't know which word is better describing my feeling since I am not native EN speaker) indeed. Those flu like feelings really suck.

• Posted

Hello! I think I'm suffering from Anxiety too. I didn't sleep well this past few weeks thinking that I have HIV 'Symptoms". I get confused when my period didn't come last August till now Sept, since then I started to search what is the causes of missed period and I found out that one is having HIV *hopefully not* I've never missed period ever. I never get myself tested yet cause I'm afraid sad my last exposure was last year with my ex boyfriend and never get tested. It's been 1 year already. And now I have a feeling that I have this HIV symptoms. After I google and read the symptoms I've became paranoid.

These are my symptoms:

Fatigue

Rashes - they are ithcy but after a minutes ther will gone

Numb hand and feet

Missed period

Diarhea

dark spots on my skin they are like moles but i just noticed them now.

I have white spots too my upper lip

Sometimes muscles soreness

I am so stress now. I can't barely sleep now..

I need someone to talk.

• Posted

Hey. I suffered from HIV anxiety for about a year now. I have been tested 3 times, most recently at the 9 month mark and all have come back negative.

A lot of your symptoms I share with you, and I can tell you that alot of what you are experiencing is anxiety, and is made worse by anxiety. I felt tired throughout the day I think mainly because I was keeping my mind so busy by having this crippling anxiety. I had a breakout of hives / rashes after having an allergic reaction to a medication I was taking. They went away but still lingered in my hands around my knuckles are wrists. I also have the same white spots on my upper lip too. I thought it was herpes but after seeing a doctor she told me that it's not herpes and that it is normal.

I encourage you to see a doctor and also get tested. That along with a combination of realizing what you are experiecing is anxiety will be the only way you find peace.

Keep your mind off it by hanging out with friends and trying to be productive and stay positive. You are not a doctor and diagnosing your self is the incorrect thing to do. Get tested and relax, you are fine. Control your anxiety and you'll notice that you feel alot better smile

• Posted

Hi Ridge,

After a month finally my period came but i'm still have anxiety.

I'm afraid to get tested and know the result of the test.

You're right it's all caused by anxiety. All the symptoms went away now but still have some rashes and it's itchy.

And about the white spots, i've searched and found out they are fordyce spots, they are not itchy though but looking at them makes me stress. Did you find out any remedy for them?

• Posted

No remedy I imagine that they go away on their own or you have them for life. Either way not a big deal.

Your rashes could easily be an allergic reaction to something you don't know you are allergic to. Hand soap, some type of towel etc. It's ridiculous to think that because you have skin redness on some part of you that it's HIV, everyone has skin redness somewhere, some weird pimple or something.

As you said it's been a year since you have been exposed. If you get tested now you are going to get a good and accurate answer on whether or not you have it.

Judging from what you said and how you are feeling I am sure that you are fine. however that doesn't mean you shouldn't get tested. Your anxiety is bad just like mine and you will find relief once you get a negative result back.

I assure you, you will feel better if you just get tested. It will be like a huge weight off your shoulders. Anxiety is clouding your mind and making you worry, you need to just focus on realizing that you have bad anxiety and controlling it.

Please do yourself a favor and get tested. Once you do so you will find the relief you have been seeking and your anxiety will disappear and you can move on with your life. Think good thoughts, you will be fine!!

• Posted

Thanks Ridge smile though I'm afraid for what the results will be turn out i'll schedule my test then.. Hmmm we have upcoming company annual physical examination by next month, is CBC test will check if you have HIV?  If not then i really need to take the HIV test.

Yeah anxiety still with me and it will be go away till i get tested.

• Posted

Not sure. I get tested at my campus they offer free HIV testing pretty often to students, if you are in school you might check there. I'm not sure what country you are in, I'm in the United States so any additional STD testing I do I go to Planned Parenthood.

If CBC doesn't test a simple google search for HIV testing in your area will turn up some results.

• Posted

CBC will not show you anything about HIV, unless your white blood cell count is very low.

As Ridge has stated, you need to getthe test done, there is no other way.

I was almost sure I had HIV and was very afraid to get tested but I did it...and I am far better now and have put this behind me.

Meditate on this, confide in someone and take them with you to get tested.

• Posted

Hi 

How did you come along with your results. I'm experiencing the same symptoms and conflicted whether my anxiety or stress is getting the worst of me 😩 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.