something feels stuck on tongue, loads of small papillae middle back tongue, yellow coating

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello,

Please have a look at the picture and tell me if you see something weird going on. 

It's now been 3 months of tongue/throat hell. 

3 months ago, I started feeling that something was stuck on the back of my tongue. I went to the hospital one week later, they found nothing. 

Now for the last 3 months,I keep needing to swallow as I feel stuck is stuck on my tongue. 

Along with the feeling of stuff stuck on tongue, I have some dryness back of throat, the need to keep swallowing food as it doesn't go down easily, lost 4 kilos in 1 month (eating properly), extreme tiredness & neck pain (maybe due to the constant swallowing) 

I would never try and get a diagnosis from the internet, but I have been seen by many doctors and still waiting for more tests.. maybe someone out there have seen this type of issue before and can help out. 

Anyone who has a clue, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Tess

0 likes, 20 replies

Report / Delete

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi everyone I am also having same feeling since last 2 months, my english is not good but i will try to explain my condition right now and also how it started.

Actually I was smoker and was smoking for nine years, two months back in October 2019 i was having pain in my right jaw so I visited a dentist and he advised to quit smoking because my wisdom tooth was removed in April 2019 and he said due to smoking my healing process is slow. So I quit smoking and in 1 week my jaw pain was gone.

After two weeks i start feeling that i have something stuck at back of my tongue and after waiting 3 days i visited ent doctor and he checked and said its look like this feeling is due to acid reflux and prescribe one medicine for acidity and told me to visit after one month. I took medicine for one month and acid reflux was better but that feeling was still there so I visited Dr again and he did endoscopy this time but in endoscopy there was nothing and Dr again prescribe medicine for one more month and I am still taking that medicine and still having the same feeling.

if anyone having clue or experience with this one please share .

thanks in advance

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is good that you have had the endoscopy as that should be a reassurance about most serious conditions. It is very good that you have stopped smoking.

Medication for reflux does not always work for everybody, so it may be that if you have had something like Omeprazole, a different medication might work better.

Smoking does tend to relax the lower oesophageal sphincter, the valve by your diaphragm between your stomach and oesophagus that should stop acid from your stomach rising and causing problems like heartburn. It seems like the medication is working against the reflux but there is still some form of problem at the back of your tongue. It may just take longer to heal.

Sometimes it can be worth taking Gaviscon Advance as well as the other medication to see of this makes a difference.

If you are still having problems, think you need to return to your doctor for further investigations. The pain in your jaw and at the back of your tongue is not normal.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up